• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

So get out of here with this is only 8 dollars crap. We keep saying shit like this is ok and the quality will keep dropping

Everyone already said it was OK when Arc System Works did it first with Guilty Gear and Blazblue...AND NO ONE CARED. No massive controversy. No memes.

$8 character DLC a week after release, yet they're viewed as the "anti-Capcom" benevolent saviors of the fgc.

That's why we have $8 character DLC now.

Considering what sales looks like, I think $8 sounds about minimum for Capcom to actually break even on the cost of development for new characters.

NEO0MJ

Everyone already said it was OK when Arc System Works did it first with Guilty Gear and Blazblue...AND NO ONE CARED. No massive controversy. No memes.

$8 character DLC a week after release, yet they're viewed as the "anti-Capcom" benevolent saviors of the fgc.

That's why we have $8 character DLC now.

They're a smaller more niche company, almost like boutique shops. They also put way more effort into their characters. You can't compare a burger from Shake Shack (Arc) to a burger from McDonald (Capcom)

Dahbomb

Gootecks is a poor fit for a MVC show anyway. He doesn't have much to offer other than "what a SF player looks like when they play MVC." The beginner series with Justin is enough for him.

Sayad

Gootecks is a poor fit for a MVC show anyway. He doesn't have much to offer other than "what a SF player looks like when they play MVC." The beginner series with Justin is enough for him.
Even that is above his level of interest in the game, he's making it really hard to watch with his "this is disgusting/stupid" face and... Body language!

Another match with the DLC characters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCGJUv21Hkw

I know that anti-air dash special Sigma's doing is a reference to his wall jumping in the X1 fight, but is posture is really close to when he does a similar attack in X2.

Why does Sigma look like he'll be better at space control / zoning than X with those Arc Divides? Though I'm seeing so much potential with the two of them. Sigma leaves some slashes mid-air, X tags in and throws Boomerang Cutters or uses charge shots to get in. And that'd work great for the Time Stone shenanigans I've been enjoying.

If he has support Sigma looks disgusting. I want to see that third super of his. I've seen Doom Buster, that laser that blasts the ground and his Lvl3 but looking at that move set he has another. And lol at him and Thor doing the worst high-five in the world at the end of that fight.

Ryce

I want to see that third super of his. I've seen Doom Buster, that laser that blasts the ground and his Lvl3 but looking at that move set he has another.
It's a couple of sword slashes. It's used in one of the other videos I posted, but I don't remember which one.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They're both pretty basic. Sigma does a few sword slashes and Black Panther does a few claw swipes.

Does anyone know what Sigma's Mirage Claw special is?

That move I want to see but never saw in any video unless the attack isn't really based on claws.

Dahbomb

Can I get suggestions for synergy/stone with Nova?
You want to pick a Support character with Nova (Dormammu/Dr Strange/Rocket Raccoon/Ghost Rider) for synergy then use either Reality or Space stone. For new players Reality is the best one.

Ghost Rider/Nova/Reality is week 1 team scrubs team if you want to have a go at it.

Tirael

I know that anti-air dash special Sigma's doing is a reference to his wall jumping in the X1 fight

I was already in the process of making the gifs when I read this.

There was some care that went into this game, but just not enough.

yrl0Z7.gif

Yvp2jK.gif

I was already in the process of making the gifs when I read this.

There was some care that went into this game, but just not enough.

I love that they take his moves from that fight specifically.

Mega man X and X4 are my favourites.

But due to my childhood memories I'm glad they are using his move set from the Mega Man X game.

If capcom can keep on delivering us DLC characters with this much care and attention this game will prosper.

Ryce

Sigma's entire move set is pretty much taken from X8: the Doom Buster, hand missiles, forehead lasers, and so on. Even the classic saber dash from X1 appears in X8.

DR2K

Banned
The major problem with these DLC characters is that there's little new content in the main game and that these were cut from the main game to be sold separately.

I look forward to completing missions for Sigma and Black Panther. Would've been nice if Arcade had endings so I could've ran through that with them as well.

JeTmAn81

I look forward to completing missions for Sigma and Black Panther. Would've been nice if Arcade had endings so I could've ran through that with them as well.

I'd like character story mode, even as barebones as it is in SFV, to add that little extra bit of single player content when you get a new character.

Seyavesh

Damn, all the MvCI assets seem specifically created to make great looking outlines.

just to ask, did you find a way to turn off the HUD?
i'd really like to do that for video stuff but haven't been able to find any ue4 stuff related to it

I'd like character story mode, even as barebones as it is in SFV, to add that little extra bit of single player content when you get a new character.

That would've been cool as well.

Just anything to learn more about them outside of battle. I'm glad we're going to be able to use them, but still.

Swmystery

Neo Member
I feel like I'm only beginning to learn how bad I actually am at this game.

I don't mean that in a depressed way, or in a "I thought I was good but I'm actually terrible" way. Just that there's almost infinite possibilities in terms of things you can do, and I can barely execute an actual combo with my secondary character in an actual match.

It's going to take a long term for me to be even decent, I think, and I just hope the game will retain enough of a playerbase that I'll have people to play when I get there...

Sigmaah

Dante is easier to start with but he still has a high skill cap. No one is going to master him for a while in this game.

Lmao nah this nigga is sooo cheap and easy that his high skill cap don't mean shit when u can convert off of everything into high damage and it's easy af to do.

Oh word lemme just do that air gun move into hammer or lemme just do that fire shit into switch or lemme do whatever else that's easy af to do for big damage and bam.

This ain't a salty post or anything, it's just that they made one of the most skillful characters into easy mode which kinda sucks cause I love Dante.

Dahbomb

Lmao nah this nigga is sooo cheap and easy that his high skill cap don't mean shit when u can convert off of everything into high damage and it's easy af to do.

Oh word lemme just do that air gun move into hammer or lemme just do that fire shit into switch or lemme do whatever else that's easy af to do for big damage and bam.

This ain't a salty post or anything, it's just that they made one of the most skillful characters into easy mode which kinda sucks cause I love Dante.
He's like Zero in this game. Zero in Marvel 3 you could play him dumb and still get results because he had converts off of everything and most everything was safe/+ on block. But then you had to improve yourself and learn better charging methods to really push him. This Dante is the same, later on you will have to learn stuff like Bold jumping on whiffed normals and stuff along with finding ways to keep tight pressure on the opponent.

Producer

I feel you, dante can just do whatever the hell he wants lol coming from umvc3 im just like damn why does he get away doing some of this shit lol

Sigmaah

He's like Zero in this game. Zero in Marvel 3 you could play him dumb and still get results because he had converts off of everything and most everything was safe/+ on block. But then you had to improve yourself and learn better charging methods to really push him. This Dante is the same, later on you will have to learn stuff like Bold jumping on whiffed normals and stuff along with finding ways to keep tight pressure on the opponent.

You could get results but not results like winning majors or something, maybe like sneaking by a win that maybe you shouldn't have gotten but shit, imo this Dante is worse than Mahvel 3 Zero. Also with Zero, you gotta whole down a whole extra button to play him to his fullest, for Dante you don't gotta give up anything (yes I know you can switch buttons to make it so u don't lose that said button but it's easier said then done). Right now all dante has to do is the 2 sword move into flame or air guns into hammer and bam u WILL get a hit cause that air gun into hammer literally switches sides so quick you can't tell where that shit is gonna hit you. To me, you don't even need to know bold canceling and whatever else to master dante, just do said things and bam ur lit.

Ima play Zero/Dante and see how much of an impact it has just to make sure I'm not bugging.

Top Bottom