• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Zimmy64

Winter Soldier and Daredevil were the only characters in my wishlist when the game first got announced. Glad Bucky made the cut, really excited for him.

R1fdEt3.gif

When the game first got announced my only hope for characters were Winter Soldier, Daredevil, and Bass (Classic). I have little hope for Bass, but feel decent about Daredevil's chances particularly if the game does well enough to go beyond a second season. I'm obviously thrilled about Bucky.

jett

D-Member
Damn, all the MvCI assets seem specifically created to make great looking outlines.

Capcom's FG characters are always great at having easily recognizable outlines and body types of all sizes, unlike *cough cough* other developers which look like they just share the same skeleton for multiple people.

Capcom's FG characters are always great at having easily recognizable outlines and body types of all sizes, unlike *cough cough* other developers which look like they just share the same skeleton for multiple people.

You kinda have to go that route when you allow customization though.

Damn, all the MvCI assets seem specifically created to make great looking outlines.
Is it just me or do Carol and Ultron have very bad battle silhouettes? Carol's idle stance is extremely generic and static (an issue NRS games are often criticized for) while Ultron's is just like bleh.

That guy is right. About the price point.

But I still sit on the fence with the mk at character pack 2. Wanting leather face and alien. Does anyone even play mkx anymore?

I think more ppl are probably playing this game

Sayad

Not necessarily, that just looks like a lightmap, something you use to make certain areas of the character get affected by lighting(from fireballs, special effects, background light) more so than the rest of the body:
xZouZza.png

Pretty much most fighting games use it, Xrd, DBFZ, even some 2D games like Skullgirls and I think KoFXIII used this.

nded

Not necessarily, that just looks like a lightmap, something you use to make certain areas of the character get affected by lighting(from fireballs, special effects, background light) more so than the rest of the body:
xZouZza.png

Pretty much most fighting games use it, Xrd, DBFZ, even some 2D games like Skullgirls and I think KoFXIII used this.

I'm actually using a modified ambient occlusion shader to get these, but it's kind of the same concept where you turn areas of the model at an oblique angle to the camera black. I can play it looking like this too, which is kinda neat.

Shit gets a bit more serious once you get to rank 10. Shit gets to be some REAL fuckery at rank 9. I don't think I'm getting past this point for a while. I need to really clean up my movement.

Sayad

$8 isn't awful just because it's expensive, it's also an inflated price to force people into picking up the season pass instead of just the character they want, they know there are a lot of undesirables in that season pass! It's a scummy tactic for a game desperately in need of some goodwill!

Having fun with Clint and Spider-Man. Once conversions are down and I stop trying to chicken block I'll be chilling.

How about a cold one?

HotHamBoy

$8 isn't awful just because it's expensive, it's also an inflated price to force people into picking up the season pass instead of just the character they want, they know there are a lot of undesirables in that season pass! It's a scummy tactic for a game desperately in need of some goodwill!

For casuals and Online Warriors it may make sense to only buy the characters you like, I guess.

Personally, I feel like I need to own every character in a fighting game.

1) How do I know if I like them if I don't play with them? What synergies could I be missing?

2) Know thy enemy by becoming thy enemy aka learning to use a character is the best way to defeat them

3) you need all the characters if you have any serious local play, no one wants to see their main missing from the roster.

Sesha

Which ones? Aside from Bucky and maybe Black Widow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
getting tournament withdrawls, we need another "proper" one, preferebly one with Justin finally

Skittles

Even if the chars were $6 each without costumes the season pass would still be cheaper. That's just the way bundles have worked for decades.
Each character has its fans, but for a nice chunk of the FGC, every none X-Men character until they start making it back into the game, Capcom knows it and so does Marvel!
These DLC characters were planned before Marvel even lifted the x men ban though lol. No way x men would have made it into the base game or the first DLC. Good chance for DLC2 & 3 though.

Hopefully you can play all characters in training mode. Or at least some preview mode for DLC

I think after dabbling with the entire cast I finally found a partner for Cap that makes him decently threatening. Since his mixups and zoning are lackluster in this iteration, I've had the most success so far playing him as a harasser. Sitting at odd ranges with shield slashes/H Trick Shield and going for home run swings with YOLO Charging Stars and DPs.

Strider actually makes this approach pretty damn powerful. His HP teleport can confirm off of Cap's DP at any range and lead into 6k damage easily. Gram can confirm off of any ground or air shield slash provided I tag early enough, and allows for braindead confirms off of Charging star into 6k+ loops. With Strider on point, Vajra and HP Gram can lead into decent backflip left/right mixups and cause enough blockstun to set up ambiguous double jump mixups.

Strider undoubtedly has better pairings but I think this is probably Cap's strongest atm. Gives him a decent niche with full screen invuln moves with big hitboxes that can be confirmed. I still have trouble with dealing with reality stone or zoning at certain heights due to Cap's complete lack of projectile durability, but it's a welcome improvement compared to everyone else I've tried.

Sayad

Even if the chars were $6 each without costumes the season pass would still be cheaper. That's just the way bundles have worked for decades.
$6 would be fine, $8 just makes you feel cheated while not picking up the season pass.

These DLC characters were planned before Marvel even lifted the x men ban though lol. No way x men would have made it into the base game or the first DLC. Good chance for DLC2 & 3 though.
Not sure what does this has to do with what I said, we both know a lot of VS fans want X-Men more than anything else right now, whether that's reasonable or not!

Skittles

$6 would be fine, $8 just makes you feel cheated while not picking up the season pass.

Not sure what does this has to do with what I said, we both know a lot of VS fans want X-Men more than anything else right now, whether that's reasonable or not!
I'm saying people shouldn't hound the game because it couldn't do something that's literally impossible

Big0Bear

He's absolutely right lmao

The hell he is, he is leaving out the fact that the quality of the game has dropped

When you buy food or weed or whatever if the quality drops you stop buying right.
If the people selling you these things start giving you less for the same price you go somewhere else right.

If he is going to make an analogy he should make one that has something in common to what he is talking about.

You buy a burger meal, the burger is sloppy, fries are burnt and drink is flat, they charge you fully price and also add on a charge for the napkins ketchup and straw.

So get out of here with this is only 8 dollars crap. We keep saying shit like this is ok and the quality will keep dropping

Sesha

My open might change when I actually get to play them but the only characters from the pack I was hyped for were Sigma and Venom.

Each character has its fans, but for a nice chunk of the FGC, every none X-Men character until they start making it back into the game, Capcom knows it and so does Marvel!

No one likes every character, but most of the season pass characters were highly requested overall.

As for the X-Men situation, that wasn't up to Capcom.

105.Will

The hell he is, he is leaving out the fact that the quality of the game has dropped

When you buy food or weed or whatever if the quality drops you stop buying right.
If the people selling you these things start giving you less for the same price you go somewhere else right.

If he is going to make an analogy he should make one that has something in common to what he is talking about.

You buy a burger meal, the burger is sloppy, fries are burnt and drink is flat, they charge you fully price and also add on a charge for the napkins ketchup and straw.

So get out of here with this is only 8 dollars crap. We keep saying shit like this is ok and the quality will keep dropping

While I agree with everything youre saying, I don't think he's worried about being a good consumer. He clearly just likes marvel and is putting in perspective how much that 8 dollars is worth to him, and maybe the viewer. Seem like it's worth more than lunch.

Big0Bear

While I agree with everything youre saying, I don't think he's worried about being a good consumer. He clearly just likes marvel and is putting in perspective how much that 8 dollars is worth to him, and maybe the viewer. Seem like it's worth more than lunch.

Well I can respect that. I was just going on with everything they have done that is asking a lot especially with the youtube vid said they cut the DLC just to sell them. But if you are a die hard fan who was gonna buy the game anyway then yea its just 8 bucks but cheaper to get the season pass anyway

Top Bottom