• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masters of Sex - S2 - Michael Sheen & Lizzy Caplan - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Teddy Sears is out at Austin (although a guest appearance or two is a possibility)

RIP Dr. Austin Langham

o7CvUxI.jpg

Virginia’s kids, Tessa and Henry, are being recast as teenagers — to accommodate a
six-year
time jump and also to allow the show to
explore the pair’s burgeoning sexuality — particularly that of Tessa (who will be quite the little minx).

Source

Surprised this thread is so small for such a damn good show. With Mad Men and Justified ending this will definitely be in my top 3 shows

Linius

I think the jumps are a good thing. They're not forcing themselves on years in which not much happens for the characters. Shows vision at least.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Question: Any scoop on Masters of Sex’s third season? — Emily

Ausiello: When the Showtime drama flashes forward to the mid-1960s, it will introduce a real master of sex —
Hugh Hefner, no less. And, since the casting call for the potentially recurring role notes that, in addition to being an smooth operator and gifted schmoozer, the Playboy publisher is 40 during this period, I can’t help but note that Jon Hamm is between series. (Also worth noting: He’d never in a million years do it.)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Heléne Yorke Returns To ‘Masters Of Sex’

Yorke plays Jane Martin, the seemingly unassuming hospital secretary who became Virginia Johnson’s (Lizzy Caplan) first major recruit for her sex study with Dr. William Masters (Michael Sheen). Jane went on to star in the video footage for the study, earning the affection of the aspiring filmmaker hired to shoot it, Lester (Kevin Christy). The duo’s quirky chemistry and budding romance were a highlight of Masters Of Sex‘s first season but that was shelved in Season 2 because Yorke was unavailable, co-starring in Bullets Over Broadway on stage.

Can someone tell me how season 2 progressed over all? I felt like season one ended with the mains getting over some of their obstacles at getting together and then ep 1 of S2 seemed to erase the progress. If it isn't treading water I'll go back.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Can someone tell me how season 2 progressed over all? I felt like season one ended with the mains getting over some of their obstacles at getting together and then ep 1 of S2 seemed to erase the progress. If it isn't treading water I'll go back.

I don't really remember the finer details, since season two was a year ago, but I do seem to recall things regressing a bit before progressing in the back half of the season. The relationship between the leads definitely ended up in a place that was different than how it began at the start of the season.

- EW: Josh Charles joins Masters of Sex in major role
Josh Charles is ready to return to TV: EW has learned the former The Good Wife star has signed on to the third season of Showtime’s Masters of Sex.

Charles will play Daniel Logan,
“a self made businessman working in the scent industry. In an attempt to bottle the smell of sex and market an aphrodisiac to the general public, Dan seeks out Masters (Michael Sheen) and Johnson’s (Lizzy Caplan) expertise on desire. A charismatic salesman, Dan’s involvement with Masters and Johnson becomes complicated.” Read: Charles’ character might draw Johnson’s interest.

Masters of Sex’s new season is set in 1966 and when Masters and Johnson are dealing with the glare of the national spotlight as their sex study is finally unveiled. It’s the start of the Sexual Revolution—and Masters and Johnson’s work will have a profound impact on contemporary relationships, especially their own evolving three-way “marriage” with Masters’ wife Libby (Caitlin FitzGerald).

Masters of Sex returns July 12 along with the return of Ray Donovan.

- 'Masters of Sex' Adds Tate Donovan and Julie Ann Emery
Masters of Sex is filling out its season 3 cast.

The Showtime drama had booked Damages alum Tate Donovan and Better Call Saul actress Julie Ann Emery for a two episode guest spot. They join previously announced guest stars Josh Charles (The Good Wife) and Maggie Grace (Taken).

The drama, which chronicles the journey of real life sex researchers William Masters and Virginia Johnson, stars Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan. The upcoming season will
jump ahead to 1966 and focus on the pair's rise to fame following the publishing of their book on human sexuality.

Donovan, who recently finished shooting Kenneth Lonergan's Manchester by the Sea, will play Graham,
a confident scientist whose relationship with Margaret Scully (Allison Janney) brings them to Masters and Johnson’s clinic.

Emery will play Jo,
a woman who seeks help dealing with a unique relationship.
In addition to her role in AMC's Breaking Bad spin-off, she played pregnant widow Ida Thurman in FX's Fargo.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season three premiere is now available (11 days early!) on both YouTube (most likely censored) and Sho.com. Please use spoiler tags if you want to discuss the episode. The season three thread will be up this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom