• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masters of Sex - S2 - Michael Sheen & Lizzy Caplan - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up with the show, and i have a question regarding Libby, is she attracted to Chorals boyfriend? The way Libby was looking at him, and when she put her hair behind her ear was strange.

StuBurns

Banned
Just caught up with the show, and i have a question regarding Libby, is she attracted to Chorals boyfriend? The way Libby was looking at him, and when she put her hair behind her ear was strange.
That was certainly the implication yes, he'll be all up in that ass before the season's out.

StuBurns

Banned
You think he will get together with Libby? This is looking like a love/hate scenario between them too.

Logically I'd say it can't, as this episode seemed to have jumped us forward a long time, so she's either already having an affair, which I doubt, or she's not going to have one with him, unless the show has them bump into each other, or her just go to his apartment out the blue.

They're establishing her attraction to black men though, they seeded it last season actually.

Logically I'd say it can't, as this episode seemed to have jumped us forward a long time, so she's either already having an affair, which I doubt, or she's not going to have one with him, unless the show has them bump into each other, or her just go to his apartment out the blue.

They're establishing her attraction to black men though, they seeded it last season actually.

I wonder if Bill would let them participate in the study, once Bill and her divorce. xD

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Time jumps, time jumps everywhere!

I liked this episode, I suppose, but it was odd. They should have spaced all of those out the past few episodes instead of having a lot of boring or uninteresting storylines.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I liked that episode, though it felt really messy due to the fact that they jumped over three years in such a short amount of time.

xenist

I liked it a lot. It was certainly the most interesting interesting episode from a directorial and structural standpoint.

Seigyoku

What happened?

BF of two years (who I've known for about 16, and dated for another two years in the past) decided that on the last day of vacation to tell me that oh, actually, he never intends to get married. Not to me or anyone. Given that getting married is extremely important to me and I had pretty much given up before we got back together and were so damn happy, well, I'm not taking this very well.

And you know, had to get on a plane like seven hours later and go into work.

Ginnie's tale about the captain who broke her heart after leading her on? Yeah, feel like this now happened to me two times in a row.

Three episodes behind...

someday

Banned
Pretty tired of her just letting it slide when he gets salty about people she has relationships with and completely treats her like shit. I get it happening once to establish how fragile this guy is but good lord.
Yeah, I'm having a hard time this season. I hate Bill and I'm not particularly sympathetic to Virginia either. I may have to bow out. I know this is a great show but it's just not working for me. I like all of the secondary characters though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
BF of two years (who I've known for about 16, and dated for another two years in the past) decided that on the last day of vacation to tell me that oh, actually, he never intends to get married. Not to me or anyone. Given that getting married is extremely important to me and I had pretty much given up before we got back together and were so damn happy, well, I'm not taking this very well.

And you know, had to get on a plane like seven hours later and go into work.

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe he'll eventually come around?

New episode tonight:
Mirror, Mirror

Masters treats a couple for infertility without revealing his relationship to them; Johnson tries to treat a woman on her own; Libby witnesses a hate crime.

Gobias

Banned
So, I'm looking for a new show to watch and this looks pretty interesting. How does it stack up to current dramas like Mad Men, Fargo, GoT, ect. and where can I watch it to catch up?

UrbanRats

So, I'm looking for a new show to watch and this looks pretty interesting. How does it stack up to current dramas like Mad Men, Fargo, GoT, ect. and where can I watch it to catch up?

I think the show is pretty good, but i wouldn't put it in the same league as something like Hannibal or (especially) Rectify, for example.

Unfortunately i haven't watched Fargo nor MadMen.

Davey Cakes

I pretty much watched Master of Sex S1 as it was going along.

However, for S2 I started behind and basically had to catch up on the first five episodes during the last two weeks.

Not sure why I waited. To be honest I think S2 is stronger than S1 so far and I like where the story is going. Plus, more unveiling of Bill Masters as a character. Season 2 Episode 3 (the boxing one) was a fantastic episode in my opinion, and probably my favorite yet.

Good stuff. Still need to watch last night's ep though.

One of the things I like about this show is how the relationships, while obviously melodramatic at times, still feel a bit "real" at their core. Definitely a contrast to how Mad Men (the other "period piece" show I watch) handles them.

Dalek

Just dropping in to say my wife and I have marathoned both seasons and are now caught up as of tonight. Great show-we love it. I have to say though, I wish the show was more historically accurate, and I find the actual study/sociological aspects of the show much more entertaining than the various soap opera stories. Michael and Kizzy are incredible leads though.

It's kind of weird they just completely dropped Beau Bridges and Allison Janney from the show completely.

hateradio

I actually feel that S2 has been all over the place in some regards, especially since the first half seems like a soap that has no real goal. It just dwindles around jumping from character to character without a reason. Liv's story is especially awful.

I actually didn't like the boxing episode at all. It was such a bore and everything they talked about could have been spread out or removed. I actually couldn't focus at all during it.

Then once we get to the middle, everything changes. So far it seems that it's a positive change.

Just dropping in to say my wife and I have marathoned both seasons and are now caught up as of tonight. Great show-we love it. I have to say though, I wish the show was more historically accurate, and I find the actual study/sociological aspects of the show much more entertaining than the various soap opera stories. Michael and Kizzy are incredible leads though.

It's kind of weird they just completely dropped Beau Bridges and Allison Janney from the show completely.

They had other commitments, unfortunately. I think the show is less engaging without them.

Also sorry that the Pretzel King story wrapped up so neatly/abruptly.

I actually feel that S2 has been all over the place in some regards, especially since the first half seems like a soap that has no real goal. It just dwindles around jumping from character to character without a reason. Liv's story is especially awful.

I actually didn't like the boxing episode at all. It was such a bore and everything they talked about could have been spread out or removed. I actually couldn't focus at all during it.

Then once we get to the middle, everything changes. So far it seems that it's a positive change.
I agree. I think s1 was stronger. S2 feels unfocused. We have these slow episodes with serious conversations that help build characterization but can feel dreadfully boring if you're not into long conversations. Then one episode we jump forward in time at least twice.

It definitely feels soapy and the Liv storyline seems to be there to make us feel Ok for Bill cheating on her. Guess what: most of us just think he's an ass.

Caught up on the last couple episodes last night. What a strange second season, always worth watching, performances are always strong, but they've been all over the place with their focus this year.

Seigyoku

Well I caught up in time for tonight's episode, painful though it was.

I find that I like Bill for all the reasons people dislike him. But I see a lot of me in him so *shrug*

Tonight with the shrink is gonna cause me to want to run beneath the covers...

This episode was hit or miss for me. I found most of the material with his brother very speechified and below the show's usual standards.

New episode tonight:
Below the Belt

Masters learns of a rival study; Virginia wants to find a cure for Masters' difficulties; Libby canvases a tenement for a rent strike; Langham learns he must sleep with Flo to save his job.

Fatalah

Having Sheen on a weekly television show is a treasure. The show's writing has fallen behind his talent this season.

xenist

What Bill did to his brother was one of the most thorough emasculations I have ever seen in my life. I mean yeah, the guy's kind of an asshole projecting all his personal bullshit on everyone but that was fucking hard to watch.

Before this episode, I was wondering if the show had lost its way.

After this episode, speechless.

That was some seriously good shit right there. Especially the scene between Bill and Frank, after last week's rather platitudinous speechifying.

hateradio

This season continues to be confusing. Not terribly confusing, but just odd.

I did like the scene between the brothers, and I hope Virginia gets some real insight at the shrink's.

New episode tonight:
One for the Money, Two for the Show

A television crew arrives to document the work of Masters and Johnson; Masters believes himself an unsuitable television presence; George wants to take Virginia's children on a trip with his new wife; Langham is trapped in his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom