• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Boose

Just finished Takeover and holy shit that was good. Really impressed by just about everyone.

Honestly 5 years ago the thought of Triple H taking over the E was kinda scary.
But I have total faith in him now if he truly has as much input into Nxt as they claim.

this Nattie/Tyson/Cole interview in the preshow is fucking killing me
Guys, Sailor Swayze is having an existential crisis about her future on twitter right now. You think Wrassle GAF can do something?
at least she can draw

i can't do shit

thanks for reminding me about my shitty future you ass

Sblargh

Banned
Tyson Kidd trying to be heel while his wife runs around apologizing can be a great gimmick.

"I will be the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion even if I have to murder you!"
"Now now, he doesn't really mean that."

"You people suck just like the sport teams that you love so much!"
"What he really wanted to say is that we love to being in here."

this Nattie/Tyson/Cole interview in the preshow is fucking killing me

at least she can draw

i can't do shit

thanks for reminding me about my shitty future you ass

It's too bad she can never draw a dime!

*mike graham face*

For those who are scared of their futures, just remember what Casey Kasem says, "Keep your feet on the ground, and reach for the stars."

Meaning as long as you're not a lazy fuck, things manage to work itself out from time to time.

It's too bad she can never draw a dime!

*mike graham face*

For those who are scared of their futures, just remember what Casey Kasem says, "Keep your feet on the ground, and reach for the stars."

Meaning as long as you're not a lazy fuck, things manage to work itself out from time to time.

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

strobogo

Banned
Tyson Kidd trying to be heel while his wife runs around apologizing can be a great gimmick.

"I will be the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion even if I have to murder you!"
"Now now, he doesn't really mean that."

"You people suck just like the sport teams that you love so much!"
"What he really wanted to say is that we love to being in here."

I feel like if this angle was taking place any time from 1999-2006 or so, it would end in Tyson flipping out and hitting Nattie (with his finisher), then going on to bang some heel broad and take her as his manager. And I feel like that would be best for Tyson in real life.

holy fuck @ Zayn/Breeze. I've always liked Breeze, but DAMN, whattamatch

E: oh man, Mojo has a new theme. GONNA GET THAT MAIN ROSTER CALL UP SOON!

and he gets fucking destroyed, i love it

Takeover is perfection, watch it ASAP

Strong words. I would use that for about 4 WWE produced PPVs in the last 10 years.

I shall watch later tonight then - only got spoiled on the Mojo/Rusev stuff, and I think I saw a gif of Flair throwing his coat about - that looked like it was from the show,

Hopefully there is some other stuff in there

All new themes but Zayn's suck. If they touch Alexa's or Bayley's oh boy. They really could've used the space better for another Divas match or showcasing another talent instead of a Paige promo or Mojo beat beat down...

You're in for an amazing match
Hm, you were right, that was pretty good.

think i'm gonna save the main event for tomorrow, 2tired rn

All new themes but Zayn's suck. If they touch Alexa's or Bayley's oh boy. They really could've used the space better for another Divas match or showcasing another talent instead of a Paige promo or Mojo beat beat down...

Mojo's theme is pretty hype though ya gotta admit

Kornflayx

Man, Natalya vs. Charlotte was the best match of the night. Really didn't expect that.
Charlotte progresses really fast for a 2 year rookie.

eh fuck sleep gonna watch the main. should be fun.

Charlotte really did step the fuck up. Nattie was pretty good out there too though, let's be honest

Alucard

Banned
Nattie vs. Paige reactions - OMG what a match. Paige! I guess Natalya was good too...

Nattie vs. AJ on Main Event - Longest Divas match ever! So good! Why can't we get this on Raw? AJ can go! Nattie was okay too I guess...

Nattie vs. Charlotte - Charlotte is the real deal! Holy shit! I guess Natalya was okay too...

Maaaaaan, fuck you guys. Natalya has been putting over the next crop of talent in great matches, and ya'll aren't giving her the proper respect for it.

First half of the New Japan show was pretty good - loved TAKA vs Mascara Dorada and Rocky Romero got a great match out of Tiger Mask. Liger vs BUSHI was fun, BUSHI's scrazy over with the Korakuen crowd. Speaking of which, huge chants for Taichi, in spite of him heeling it up like crazy. The crowd are kinda indifferent towards El Desperado, he needs a good feud to get him over. The CHAOS vs Bullet Club 10-man tag was good as well, Ishii and Yoshi were the MVPs, but Fale and Yujiro did pretty good also. Ishii hit a goddamn vertical suplex on Fale. Some good heat for his upcoming NEVER title match with Yujiro, too.

Nattie vs. Paige reactions - OMG what a match. Paige! I guess Natalya was good too...

Nattie vs. AJ on Main Event - Longest Divas match ever! So good! Why can't we get this on Raw? AJ can go! Nattie was okay too I guess...

Nattie vs. Charlotte - Charlotte is the real deal! Holy shit! I guess Natalya was okay too...

Maaaaaan, fuck you guys. Natalya has been putting over the next crop of talent in great matches, and ya'll aren't giving her the proper respect for it.

she just never tries when she's on Raw, but when she's good she's good. there's also a lot to dislike about Nattie. She has several haters here, and i think they each hate her for a different reason(s)

Vylash

Natalya's just stale and boring as shit, can't talk and most of the time she wrestles like she just started, sometimes she's decent but most of the time she's just sleep inducing

also that fucking yelling she does, good lord

Alucard

Banned
I can agree about the charisma and mic skills issues, but in the ring, I think she's as good as anybody in NXT or on the main roster. Better than the vast majority of them too.

Oh man, so harsh - Koslov dislocated his shoulder hitting a crazy step-up plancha, but the doctor popped it back in and he managed to continue. He and Ricochet then put on a great match in spite of the injury, getting the crowd right back into it after the break in action and, just as they were building to the finish, Koslov aggravated the injury and they had to stop the match. Real shame, but a proper gutsy performance from Koslov.

Ithil

They already own Bayley's theme, its an instrumental/remix of AJ's old theme, so they may not change it.

jmdajr

This pile of shit wound up on reddit.

iTKaBLWQturn8.gif

a friend sent me this....

:\

Plus, People are hyped about one of the worst things about the gamecube?
That controller is complete caca.

edit: well it's not like Smash Brothers is a real fighting game, so why have a real controller.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to seeing the BoSJ show sometime soon. Taguchi's gonna be jobbing for the rest of the year though...

Good. I really don't get the appeal of Taguchi - he's technically competent and his matches are fine, but I struggle to hold any interest. The Japanese fans sure seem to like him, though.

Here's the dive that Koslov injured himself on;

Koslov.gif

joelseph

a friend sent me this....

:\

Plus, People are hyped about one of the worst things about the gamecube?
That controller is complete caca.

edit: well it's not like Smash Brothers is a real fighting game, so why have a real controller.

The GC Hori Classic controller works, that thing was perfection.

jmdajr

no-holds-barred-tiny-lister-hogan.jpg

At first, Lister wasn’t interested in wrestling. “I ain’t really into putting my hand up in between some dude’s legs,” he says today. The money, however, towed him into the ring. Nearly 25 years later, Lister can recite the exact paydays: $56,000 for SummerSlam, $17,000 for Saturday Night’s Main Event, $40,000 for No Holds Barred: The Match, and $35,000 for Survivor Series.7 “Vince McMahon was a great negotiator,” Lister says. “He would already wire the money into my account before he even started [negotiating]. Who’s going to say no? You’re going to take 56,000 out of your checking account?”

To appear as a threat to the similarly enormous Hogan, Lister bulked up to 305 pounds. But no amount of muscle could protect him when, while filming the climactic fight scene, Hogan broke Lister’s nose. “Man, I caught Tiny. I don’t know if I was tired or overzealous, but I just splattered his nose.5 I was apologizing, afraid to God he would kill me, but he was way cool about it,” Hogan says. “We had this thing we would say to each other, ‘Free James Brown,’ if he squeezed me too tight or I was squeezing him too tight. We both loved James Brown’s music so, if he was choking me too tight or I was choking him too tight, we’d say, ‘Free James Brown,’ which would make us laugh so we could loosen up. When I hit his nose, he goes, ‘I thought you loved me. What about James Brown?’”

Ithil

ArRival was better IMO.

Camacho looked great last night.

Was it? That was a really good show, but as far as the three big matches of that show, the women's match here was better, Neville's match here was better, and the other matches filling time were better. Zayn's match here was great but obviously not as excellent as his one with Cesaro.

Nothing on Takeover topped Cesaro/Zayn from Arrival, but overall I thought this was far better paced and the matches overall were better.

This one also had Mojo getting squashed instead of doing the squashing, which was nice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
no-holds-barred-tiny-lister-hogan.jpg

At first, Lister wasn’t interested in wrestling. “I ain’t really into putting my hand up in between some dude’s legs,” he says today. The money, however, towed him into the ring. Nearly 25 years later, Lister can recite the exact paydays: $56,000 for SummerSlam, $17,000 for Saturday Night’s Main Event, $40,000 for No Holds Barred: The Match, and $35,000 for Survivor Series.7 “Vince McMahon was a great negotiator,” Lister says. “He would already wire the money into my account before he even started [negotiating]. Who’s going to say no? You’re going to take 56,000 out of your checking account?”

To appear as a threat to the similarly enormous Hogan, Lister bulked up to 305 pounds. But no amount of muscle could protect him when, while filming the climactic fight scene, Hogan broke Lister’s nose. “Man, I caught Tiny. I don’t know if I was tired or overzealous, but I just splattered his nose.5 I was apologizing, afraid to God he would kill me, but he was way cool about it,” Hogan says. “We had this thing we would say to each other, ‘Free James Brown,’ if he squeezed me too tight or I was squeezing him too tight. We both loved James Brown’s music so, if he was choking me too tight or I was choking him too tight, we’d say, ‘Free James Brown,’ which would make us laugh so we could loosen up. When I hit his nose, he goes, ‘I thought you loved me. What about James Brown?’”

Not a bad payday.

joelseph

Was it? That was a really good show, but as far as the three big matches of that show, the women's match here was better, Neville's match here was better, and the other matches filling time were better. Zayn's match here was great but obviously not as excellent as his one with Cesaro.

Nothing on Takeover topped Cesaro/Zayn from Arrival, but overall I thought this was far better paced and the matches overall were better.

This one also had Mojo getting squashed instead of doing the squashing, which was nice.

I will have to go back and watch both this weekend. I thought Kalisto looked better on his debut than he did last night. I agree on the Neville match.

JavyOO7

I remember in one instance of the Ascension vs El Local/Kalisto, where El Local is running the ropes and trying to spring board off the ropes to hit Viktor and... he almost completely whiffed it. I feel bad saying it but perhaps he should hit the gym a bit harder...

joelseph

I remember in one instance of the Ascension vs El Local/Kalisto, where El Local is running the ropes and trying to spring board off the ropes to hit Viktor and... he almost completely whiffed it. I feel bad saying it but perhaps he should hit the gym a bit harder...

Yeah, the crowd was pretty rough on him after that one. I don't mind Locale's size but if you are going to be doing Lucha stuff at that weight you better not botch ever or people are going to be all over you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Look, last time he tried to lose weight he got pinched by WWE for over-the-counter fatburners. Nothing makes you people happy.

He also came down really heavily when he went for a flip off the top, but instead landed on his feet and rolled through - that's the sort of shit that could shatter an ankle. Locale should be the powerhouse of the team, leave the flashy stuff to Kalisto.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Buncha fat shaming going on in here. Shame on you all
zWVbK.gif

Ithil

The team with El Local is just a short term thing to introduce Kalisto slowly, anyway. He's gonna be singles before long.

Top Bottom