• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McAss Whoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Kenak said:
He was probably overcome with battle fury. The adrenaline that comes from being in a fight coupled with the memory of the two girls physically assaulting him, threatening him, and insulting him probably caused his anger to explode out of him. I'd argue he was in a very irrational state of mind lead on by a very irrational situation.
Definitely. Everyone in this video fucked up big.

Yeah, he's an ex-con, he's gonna pull a decent stretch for this. The two women are almost guaranteed to sue McDonald's and end up getting a settlement out of it. One thing they'll likely never do again, though, is bully or slap another cashier. They'll remember that metal rod bending across the skull, or breaking through the arm bone, and they'll quietly leave whatever restaurant or store they would have made a scene in before. So there's your bright side, I guess.

the counter obscured the view, but were they getting up again or not?

if they were still trying to come at him, then he's justified, but if they were just down and laying there, then that's fucked up!

He may have violated his parole, but what jury would convict him of these charges?

They jumped the counter to attack him. Even the customers backed up cause they knew some shit was going to to go down. Surely the target is going to be even more concerned and defend himself.

Eel O'Brian said:
Yeah, he's an ex-con, he's gonna pull a decent stretch for this. The two women are almost guaranteed to sue McDonald's and end up getting a settlement out of it. One thing they'll likely never do again, though, is bully or slap another cashier. They'll remember that metal rod bending across the skull, or breaking through the arm bone, and they'll quietly leave whatever restaurant or store they would have made a scene in before. So there's your bright side, I guess.
Doubtful. If they are rewarded with any type of settlement it's just going to encourage them to try it again.

Az987

all good things
RobotChant said:
He may have violated his parole, but what jury would convict him of these charges?

They jumped the counter to attack him. Even the customers backed up cause they knew some shit was going to to go down. Surely the target is going to be even more concerned and defend himself.

I believe so. Even if you consider it self defense, that defense goes out the window when the video of him hitting the women 4-5 times while they are on the ground is shown.

You can't keep attacking a person who is no longer a threat in self defense.

linkboy

Harry Potter said:
Doubtful. If they are rewarded with any type of settlement it's just going to encourage them to try it again.

I think McDonald's will argue that since they jumped the counter, the company isn't liable since the dipshits in question put themselves in that situation of their own choosing (they stay on the other side of the counter, they don't get the everloving fuck beat out of them).

Suairyu

Banned
Disgustingly excessive. Was with the guy until he started hammering away with the person on the floor.
The Faceless Master said:
the counter obscured the view, but were they getting up again or not?
The simple act of getting up doesn't justify the continued bludgeoning. Disorientated and in shock, the first instinct is often to simply get to your feet. Once she went down once, even if she continued to attack, she was no longer a threat that justified the rod.

Once she went down, it shifted from assault in defence to simple violent assault.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since he used a weapon, didnt he escalate the fight in terms of the law? In other words, it stopped being self defense and started to become assault.

I think I heard that on People's Court one day.

bounchfx

""I don't know him as that type of person," his step-mother told DNAinfo."

oh bull fucking shit. he shot people when he was 19. of course he's 'that type of person'.

Using the rod and not stopping once they were subdued is more than enough.

Suairyu

Banned
HammerOfThor said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since he used a weapon, didnt he escalate the fight in terms of the law? In other words, it stopped being self defense and started to become assault.
Not if the person using the weapon reasonably deemed it needed for their defence. I mean, had they used a knife or a gun, sure, that'd be wrong. But a simple rod could easily fall under reasonable belief.

Not the way he used it though.

I say...if they keep getting up, you keep them down. WHo knows, if that got the guts to jump the counter they might have a gun.
The minute they jump the counter in search of violence violence its on the level of robbing the joint.

If you come at me and I slap you down with a rod, I'm making sure you dont get back up...especially after Ive been hit and I'm seeing red and cant think straight.

Solo said:
He defended himself.....and then proceeded to hit them another 15 or so times. He will get time for this, and deservedly so. They deserved the first hit, but not the rest of his assault.

I'm with Solo.

The news said he had a violent past, so it's not surprising that he went overboard with the rod.

Working cashier at McDonald's can be pretty tough. Customers give you so much grief over so many things that are out of your control. You just have to roll with the punches though.

However, I haven't been in a situation anywhere as crazy as that, so I can't comment on what I'd do.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I thought this thread would be about a new sandwich mix mash combo boom bap surprise. Like the mcgangbang.

ReturnOfTheRAT said:
I'm with Solo.

The news said he had a violent past, so it's not surprising that he went overboard with the rod.

Hence why you dont hit people...some of them might be crazy and stump a mud hole in your ass.
He walked away right?

You strike a nut..then follow him to the back 2 deep, female or not. You lay your hands on a person or like those dumb cunts go after him then your rolling the dice on what migh happen.
There no tap out in real life.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I been at places like that and when customers cross this line all bets are off. Yes they were women but as we saw they had no respect for people's space. Shame the guy went overboard but like some say you go to prison instincts like that can easily take over.

cant feel bad for anyone in this. he was too excessive but damn those bitches were really looking for a fight. dude should have stopped after they were down

xbhaskarx

McIntosh served more than a decade in prison after being convicted of shooting and killing Oshan Litchmore, 17, a classmate at Bronx's Evander Childs High School in 2000, when he was only 19 years old. The two teens were outside Macy’s at the Galleria Mall in Westchester when they got into an argument. The fatal bullet passed through Litchmore and hit an 8-year-old passerby in the leg.
McIntosh, who presently lives in the Bronx, was sentenced to 10 to 12 1/2 years in prison. He was paroled last March and has been working in the Village McDonald's since then, according to police sources.

Why was he only convicted of manslaughter?
Why did he only serve ten years?
Why did McDonalds hire him, and put him in a position where he interacts with customers?

jett

D-Member
Well that guy is clearly a danger to society. When I loaded the video I thought he was just going to punch them in the face or something. That was savage.

Women are fucking stupid bitches though. I'm not gonna say they deserved it, but I'm not gonna feel bad about it either.

HammerOfThor said:

I think I heard that on People's Court one day.
Well there's no reason you can't escalate the fight if need be, for example if some guy pulled a knife and me and lunged I could absolutely shoot him. The question is did he need a metal bar to defend himself against these women, and if so, how long did he have to keep hitting them when they were already down?

May16

Guts Of Thor said:
A little excessive but good for him.
Yeah. Definitely got a little caught up in the moment there and went overboard.
They DID hop the counter and throw the first shot, so they're not exactly innocent here.

balddemon

Banned
Tesseract said:
the only way to end things completely is to utterly and hopefully permanently destroy the other person. who cares what they deserved.

Have you read Ender's Game? What you said reminded me of that book for this reason: Ender did to Stilson and that Spanish dude what this black guy did to those women. Except these ladies are still alive.
Ender said:
"Knocking him down won the first fight. I wanted to win all the next ones, too. So they'd leave me alone."

whitehawk

Banned
Read the first 2 pages... I don't get GAF sometimes... What's wrong with the women screaming? The guy who defended himself went beyond self-defense, and started beating them when they were on the ground. The screaming woman was doing what she could to stop it, why is GAF hating on her so much, and also defend the McDonals employee. Both the people who jumped over the counter, and the guy who beat them are seriously in the wrong.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
whitehawk said:
Read the first 2 pages... I don't get GAF sometimes... What's wrong with the women screaming? The guy who defended himself went beyond self-defense, and started beating them when they were on the ground. The screaming woman was doing what she could to stop it, why is GAF hating on her so much, and also defend the McDonals employee. Both the people who jumped over the counter, and the guy who beat them are seriously in the wrong.

what does screaming loudly do? what did she think she was going to accomplish by doing it?

JMizzlin

Those fuckers had it coming. They hit him first then one jumped over the counter. He took it too far but it wasn't unprovoked. Yet they still felt as though they were in the right and will probably try to sue McDonalds.

Eye Drop said:
Those fuckers had it coming. They hit him first then one jumped over the counter. He took it too far but it wasn't unprovoked. Yet they still felt as though they were in the right and will probably try to sue McDonalds.
There is 0 excuse for beating women with a metal rod as hard as you possibly can, after they've already been laid out on the floor from when you first started beating them with it.

No one has a fractured skull and a broken arm coming. I mean really, think about what you said (since you didn't think about it before you said it, obviously)

I trust that your support goes no farther than words and that you wouldn't act like such an animal.

whitehawk said:
N*gga culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom