• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Charts: 17 - 23 July

donny2112

LanceStern said:
*dances around like a kid* I told them so! I told them so!

Your requirement for 300K in sales before a third-party game is considered successful cancels everything else out.
;)

Kurosaki Ichigo is still the only one to get third-party sales dead-on.

LanceStern said:
I knew it'd be LttP to show up

Well I've been right other times (a lot of other times), just not on this board. I will admit though I do worry that my FFIII prediction might be debunked, especially after that one thread about 450,000 preorders.

Then again we'll wait and see. Until then, I WAS RIGHT *dances like a little kid*. And I was right about those 3rd party sales, struggling legs for 3rd party games (Crash, Hacker, ZX, Naruto) and crap. However they are starting to get some OK sales considering their budget and advertisements.

Project Hacker is a Nintendo game.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
As of 30th June:

9.240.000 hardware units shipped
34.420.000 software units shipped

Tie-Ratio: 3,725:1

Not bad tie-ratio for handheld that is, PS2-GC are 9:1.

But this a handheld we're talking about. I dont think GBA ever got above 1:4. And the DS started with a 1:0.8 attachment. As in, some people didnt even buy a game with the system.

Raw64life

Using Jonnyram's LTD numbers from July 2nd here with the LTDs neo posted you can see how much some of the non-top 10 DS games have sold in July according to Media Create..

English Training - 96,000
Tetris DS - 64,000
Mario Kart DS - 60,000
Pokemon Ranger - 47,000
Digimon Story - 46,000
Big Brain Academy - 27,000
Daredemo Asobi Taizen - 17,000
Childer of Mana DS - 14,000
Metroid Prime: Hunters - 13,000
Tamagotchi - 12,000
Mario and Luigi RPG 2 - 8,000
Legend of Starfi 4 - 7,000

its wednesday! where is the new thread???

its seems we get uncomfirmed numbers faster and we get the comfirmed ones later now
also seems NEO's numbers has been right or very close for weeks now

DSXBoy

Taker666 said:
Short term price cut I think (maybe to get rid of old stock).

Amazon Japan cut most PSP hardware prices, the cheapest one went from ¥20,790 to ¥ 17,959. Only ¥1,000 more than the DS Lite retail price.

If most retailers are selling PSP for only $9 more than NDS and it's sales are only 25% of NDS plus software sales are relatively poor, then it's bad news for SONY. Retailers are discounting old PSP stock but won't replenish with new stock to avoid any more losses.:D

Top Bottom