• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Charts: 17 - 23 July

SantaC

the DSL and Mario is a beast! I predict several new Mario annoucements soon :D

(yes I know about YI:2)

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
daxsector said:
lol, 360 is getting its ass kicked IN GENERAL IN JAPAN.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Oh, junior

daxsector said:
lol, 360 is getting its ass kicked IN GENERAL IN JAPAN.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

My eye is now twitching.

ethelred

Pureauthor said:
Is 110,000 for Mario Hoops good or bad?

I'd say it's quite good... in its first week, it's almost outsold the LTD on the last portable Mario Sports game, Mario Tennis for GBA.

SantaCruZer said:
the DSL and Mario is a beast! I predict several new Mario annoucements soon :D

(yes I know about YI:2)
Just give us New SMB2 Nintendo. With all new power-ups and super-stylized visuals.

Akia said:
Man the PSP just keeps on climbing now at 45k.

It's doing very well for a handheld everyone
in this thread
calls a failure.
Systems can be a success even against much bigger opposition. PSP's biggest problem is that they banked on it with home console-like upfront losses and home console-like budgets, but are getting the usual handheld tie ratios.

Jonnyram

Wow, lots of numbers this week eh, neo. Thanks for posting them.
I'm disappointed that 360 didn't sell more hardware this week with so many new games out. I guess a lot of them are really hardcore titles that will sell to existing owners... still, it is ahead of GBASP, GBM, GC, and GBA all in one week :) It's obvious that the DS is the only thing that matters in Japan right now (and PSP to a lesser extent).

So now we look to 28 Sept as the next possible spike, I guess.

starship

Jonnyram said:
I'm disappointed that 360 didn't sell more hardware this week with so many new games out. I guess a lot of them are really hardcore titles that will sell to existing owners... still, it is ahead of GBASP, GBM, GC, and GBA all in one week :) It's obvious that the DS is the only thing that matters in Japan right now (and PSP to a lesser extent).

Next spike in X360 sales or DS?
If you talk about DS then I think on 2 Sept Nintendo will release DS Lite Black, amirite?

Shiggy

GBA Bit Generations OUNDISH - 2,620
This is Orbital, isn't it?

??? Digi Drive - 1,627
Also part of the bit Generations for GBA. It is sold out according to Q-Games.

Just give us New SMB2 Nintendo. With all new power-ups and super-stylized visuals.
Didn't they announce a new DS 3D Mario?

ethelred

kia said:
Next spike in X360 sales or DS?
If you talk about DS then I think on 2 Sept Nintendo will release DS Lite Black, amirite?

If we're talking about spikes in DS sales, I'd look more to August (Final Fantasy III) first, then September.

Anyway, generalized comments about all the sales stuff Neo's provided:

-While I understand it's all unconfirmed and unofficial, I really wish new threads would get created for these numbers. I mean, they haven't been wrong yet, and it's just weird to -- every week now -- hold our new conversation in last week's thread so that the new thread, when it is created, is just dead.

-Awesome continued selling for Persona 3. Compared to the other games in the various Megaten-related series, it's doing quite well.

-Digimon Story is selling quite well. It looks like, aside from a few blips, RPGs on the system are starting to pick up moe steam. Also: Children of Mana has passed Sword of Mana in sales, and Mario & Luigi 2 is now only about 40k behind Superstar Saga. Naruto RPG 3 should sell about the same as Naruto RPG 2 (which outsold Naruto RPG on the GBA).

-Very nice continued sales for Loco Roco, Project Hacker. and Megaman ZX. All three of these games should pass 100k. Great to see that for an experimental game like Loco Roco; great to see Project Hacker doing comparably to the last graphic adventure game for the DS (Another Code), demonstrating that there's a real market for these games there; great for ZX, which will be outselling the last game in its series by a good margin.

-Very, very nice launch week for Mario Basket. Like I said before, this puts its first week sales only about 30k behind those of Mario Tennis on the GBA, so it'll be way, way outselling the recent games in the series. This is most likely exceeding Square Enix's expectations... good to see them get another hit. Also, its 110k is higher than Children of Mana's 103k, so if it can maintain comparable longevity, we're probably looking at another 300k seller for Square Enix.

-Ouch for Mushi 2! :lol Everyone had been saying "Mushi DS was just a port, wait for Mushi 2 to see some really good sales," but I think the kiddos are just tired of beatle tournaments now!

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Akia said:
Man the PSP just keeps on climbing now at 45k.

It's doing very well for a handheld everyone
in this thread
calls a failure.

look at the awful software sales

ziran

thanks neo!

tamagotchi's off to a great start and mario 3 on 3 has sold well. the cooking software has continued good numbers, nearly 200k already is great. pokémon ranger has sold very well, looks like it will end up over 700k. also, mph sales are impressive, heading to 100k for a fps in japan is surprising.

nice spike for the psp this week, but like many have said the software sales are still poor. maybe gng will help, it sounds good.

according to gamefront famitsu's chart for 24-30 july looks like this:

1. (NEW) Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi Gohi-Kini (NDS, Bandai Namco)
2. (NEW) Sengoku Basara 2 (PS2, Capcom)
3. ( 3 ) New Super Mario Bros. (NDS, Nintendo)
4. (NEW) Mario Basket 3 on 3 (NDS, Nintendo)
5. (NEW) Kamaitachi no Yoru 3 (PS2, Sega)
6. ( 2 ) Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi (NDS, Nintendo)
7. ( 3 ) Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu: Motto Nou o Kitaeru Otona DS Training (NDS, Nintendo)
8. (NEW) Derby Stallion P (PSP, Enterbrain)
9. ( 4 ) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 13 (PS2, Konami)
10.(NEW) Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix Max (PS2, Bandai Namco)

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:

No faith in FFIII? ;)

Bo130

ziran said:
1. Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi Gohi-Kini - 192,458
2. Sengoku Basara 2 - 135,850
3. New Super Mario Bros. - 114,225
4. Mario Basket 3 on 3 - 110,708
5. Kamaitachi no Yoru 3 - 97,315
6. Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi - 61,326
7. Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu: Motto Nou o Kitaeru Otona DS Training - ___________
8. Derby Stallion P - 49,206
9. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 13 - ______________
10. Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix Max - 27,321

If we assume both lists to be true, which they often aren't, then Brain Training 2 did about 55k. Baseball then is about 35-40k and Animal Crossing is - for once - out :p

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
People will be crushed when FF III sales get released. No, It won't sell over 500k units in its first week....it won't even sell over 300k (1st week). Jonnyram is right in not mentioning any spike in August.

ethelred

cvxfreak said:
No faith in FFIII? ;)

At this point.. let's just say I am really, really eager to see how FFIII does. I'm still betting on slightly over a million total, but it'll be good to finally see that play out.

It's been an article of faith for a long while now that FFIII is the holy grail of third party DS "real games" -- aside from being the keystone of future Square Enix support. There's a lot riding on the game, and there have been so, so many predictions about how it'll fare, I'm at the point where I really just want to get to the finishing line on it to see how it does.

Barf_the_Mog said:
People will be crushed when FF III sales get released. No, It won't sell over 500k units in its first week....it won't even sell over 300k (1st week). Jonnyram is right in not mentioning any spike in August.

Well, stockholders at both Square Enix and Nintendo had high expectations for it -- both were actually concerned there wouldn't be enough DSL supply for the game's demand. And Square Enix and Nintendo executives both had high expectations. And now, going by the retailer preorders, retailers in Japan have pretty high expectations, too (450k retailer preorders is a lot).

So I don't expect to be crushed, and I think we will see a spike in August. Exactly how big is yet to be determined, but 300k in its first week is a more than reasonable figure.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I want to swap one of my black DS styluses for a white DS stylus, I think it would look bad ass. Like a piano kinda.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
catfish said:
I want to swap one of my black DS styluses for a white DS stylus, I think it would look bad ass. Like a piano kinda.
I want to do this with black and white DS's. Both would look so cool.

ds_lite__by_daninski.jpg

starship

Barf_the_Mog said:
Oh, Monorojo is back :D

neo2046

Shiggy said:
GBA Bit Generations OUNDISH - 2,620
This is Orbital, isn't it?

??? Digi Drive - 1,627
Also part of the bit Generations for GBA. It is sold out according to Q-Games.
oh yes, fixed
thanks~ :)

Didn't they announce a new DS 3D Mario?
personally I prefer a new 2D NEW SMB more :D

donny2112

PSP

5 Jun - 11 Jun - 21,656
12 Jun - 18 Jun - 24,653
19 Jun - 25 Jun - 24,737
26 Jun - 2 Jul - 25,935
3 Jul - 9 Jul - 31,959
10 Jul - 16 Jul - 35,283
17 Jul - 23 Jul - 35,938
neo2046 said:
unconfirmed
PSP - 42,604

Very interesting. If this is due to LocoRoco, I'm a little surprised considering that picture showing the drastic price drop in Japan. Maybe all the LocoRoco advertising had a side effect of reminding Japan "Hey! The PSP is still here!"

neo2046 said:
unconfirmed
NDS Kanpeki Kanji - 7,591

I'm a little dissappointed that this seems to be dropping. Hopefully, it'll pick up again. :(

DS (non-Lite)

3 Apr - 9 Apr - 49,825
10 Apr - 16 Apr - 37,204
17 Apr - 23 Apr - 8,051
24 Apr - 30 Apr - 42,695
1 May - 7 May - 24,428
8 May - 14 May - 3,438
15 May - 21 May - 16,867
22 May - 28 May - 4,126
29 May - 4 Jun - 1,159
5 Jun - 11 Jun - 1,371
12 Jun - 18 Jun - 22,748
19 Jun - 25 Jun - 10,132
26 Jun - 2 Jul - 3,504
3 Jul - 9 Jul - 1,009
10 Jul - 16 Jul - 11,821
17 Jul - 23 Jul - 6,344
neo2046 said:
unconfirmed
DS - 1,530

The regular DS has seemed to get some new influx every 3-4 weeks. If so, we should see this go up again in the next two weeks.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I think it has to do more with Tekken + LocoRoco + Goku Makaimura then just the constantly-dropping LocoRoco.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Barf_the_Mog said:

Can we expect the same apologetic post after FF3's release that you gave after NSMB's release?

Barf_the_Mog said:
*sigh*

I kept putting you guys down for expecting such huge numbers. I predicted sub-300k numbers for its first week and told anyone who was predicting more that they were setting themsselves up for disappointment. :(

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
GreenGlowingGoo said:
Can we expect the same apologetic post after FF3's release that you gave after NSMB's release?

No. In the FF III prediction thread I've already given a reasonable guess of almost 1 million units sold. The reason I apologized over NSMB was because I was completely off the mark. I don't think I will be this time.... Okay, if the game looks like it will sell over 2 million units THEN I will apologize. :)

Barf_the_Mog said:

I'm thinking there's a good chance it wont sell 500k copies because there's only going to be 450k at retail. Maybe people will break down the doors to Square Enix's production facilities?

ethelred said:
If we're talking about spikes in DS sales, I'd look more to August (Final Fantasy III) first, then September.

Anyway, generalized comments about all the sales stuff Neo's provided:

-Digimon Story is selling quite well. It looks like, aside from a few blips, RPGs on the system are starting to pick up moe steam. Also: Children of Mana has passed Sword of Mana in sales, and Mario & Luigi 2 is now only about 40k behind Superstar Saga.

Agreed. Digimon is doing very nicely as is Mario and Luigi 2. Another game (not Japan but nonetheless) that has been surprising me in sales in the US is Lost Magic. I'm pleased to see such an unadvertised, budget title get some nice niche sales going.

Naruto RPG 3 should sell about the same as Naruto RPG 2 (which outsold Naruto RPG on the GBA).

Nope... bad sales for Naruto RPG 3. DSL's fanbase is GRoWING, these games need to stop doing as good or worse than the games that came out when DS had only a fanbase of 2 million.

-Very nice continued sales for Loco Roco, Project Hacker. and Megaman ZX. All three of these games should pass 100k. Great to see that for an experimental game like Loco Roco; great to see Project Hacker doing comparably to the last graphic adventure game for the DS (Another Code), demonstrating that there's a real market for these games there; great for ZX, which will be outselling the last game in its series by a good margin.

Agreed that they have some continued sales and will reach 100k.

-Ouch for Mushi 2! :lol Everyone had been saying "Mushi DS was just a port, wait for Mushi 2 to see some really good sales," but I think the kiddos are just tired of beatle tournaments now!

*dances around like a kid* I told them so! I told them so!

NDS MUSHIKING 2 - 31763
NDS Tamagotchi 2 プチプチ - 192458
NDS Jinsi Game DS - 9570
NDS Touch! Bomberman Land - 17090
NDS Crash Bandicoot Festival - 5463
NDS Rockman ZX - 63873
NDS NARUTO 4DS - 103073
NDS Tamagotchi 1 - 1102405
NDS NARUTO RPG3 - 45230
NDS Digimon Story - 127768
NDS Point Blank - 48290
NDS Green Tea House Dog DS - 60313
NDS Hudson Sudoku - 98216
NDS Phoenix Wright (Best Price) - 49258
NDS Seiken Densetsu DS CHILDREN of MANA - 279181

Most of the games sales here disgust me. Like Bomberman, CoM, Crash, MuSHIKING etc. But otherwise, they are at least starting to pick up (b^.^)b

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:
PS2 Persona 3 - 155,675
PS2 Xenosaga EpIII - 153,017

Amir0x, I told you! Beaten in Enterbrain charts first, now beaten in MediaCreate charts. :D
YES!

huahuahaahuauahua

LanceStern said:
*dances around like a kid* I told them so! I told them so!

Wow, for the first time!

Too bad it'll get cancelled out when your prediction that FFIII will barely sell more than CoM in its first week falls through.

I knew it'd be LttP to show up

A Link to the Past said:
Wow, for the first time!

Too bad it'll get cancelled out when your prediction that FFIII will barely sell more than CoM in its first week falls through.

Well I've been right other times (a lot of other times), just not on this board. I will admit though I do worry that my FFIII prediction might be debunked, especially after that one thread about 450,000 preorders.

Then again we'll wait and see. Until then, I WAS RIGHT *dances like a little kid*. And I was right about those 3rd party sales, struggling legs for 3rd party games (Crash, Hacker, ZX, Naruto) and crap. However they are starting to get some OK sales considering their budget and advertisements.

Top Bottom