• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Charts: 17 - 23 July

Wow bloke, somehow those are some great numbers (so its probably fake :lol )

PS2 Sengoku Basara 2 - 98,000 56%
PS2 Kamaitachi no Yoru 3 - 71,000 56%
NDS Mario Basketball 3 vs 3 - 46,000 46%
NDS Tamagotchi no Petit Omisechi Gohiikini - 96,000 24%

Sounds like 3-4 100k here (on par with what I understood from sinobi) + new super mario bros....what a week if it turns out to be true...

jarrod

Banned
jesusraz said:
46% of Mario Basket sold on its first day? That's quite an impressive sell-through rate, no?
It's a Mario themed sports game made by Square and featuring FF characters... I'd expected it to sell more actually, though it's not in a very popular JP sport I guess. Probably would've done better if it was soccer or baseball.

jesusraz

jarrod said:
...it's not in a very popular JP sport...

That's what I was getting at :) Seems the Mario, Square and FF additions are what will help this survive more than any other basketball game in Japan.

If it had been Touch! Basketball, similar to Touch! Golf it would have died a sorry death, no matter how good it was.

Also, people need to remember the GBA Mushiking was a slow burner...

Bo130

15k isn't actually THAT bad for a first day. Could have been better though.

Basketball is good, Tamagotchi amazing. We haven't gotten anything from Bit Gen or Power Pro Baseball yet, neo? :)

ethelred

jarrod said:
It's a Mario themed sports game made by Square and featuring FF characters... I'd expected it to sell more actually, though it's not in a very popular JP sport I guess. Probably would've done better if it was soccer or baseball.

Well, for what it's worth, if that IS where Mario Basket is starting out saleswise, it's going to steamroll past Camelot's Mario sports games for the GBA. I'd consider that a big success.

So I didn't notice until just now viewing my bigass YTD pie chart, but with that big boost DSL just became a slight majority of the hardware sold for the year. Combined with the original model DS it becomes 64.6%, but if things continue as they have been they'll pass the 2/3 mark within a month.

JoshuaJSlone said:
So I didn't notice until just now viewing my bigass YTD pie chart, but with that big boost DSL just became a slight majority of the hardware sold for the year. Combined with the original model DS it becomes 64.6%, but if things continue as they have been they'll pass the 2/3 mark within a month.
Cool. Is there a version of the chart that shows company by company? Like one slice for Nintendo, one for Microsoft, and one for Sony?

NintendosBooger said:
How many other game developers have Square-Enix teamed up with to create games?

I think one time there was a FF/Tekken crossover fighting game.

I've said it before, but I'd absolutely love a DQ/FF/Nintendo crossover. The summons would have endless possibilites (Pokemon, Golden Sun summons, etc). Oh sweet merciful heavens, that would be amazing, if just only for fanservice. :D

bmf said:
Cool. Is there a version of the chart that shows company by company? Like one slice for Nintendo, one for Microsoft, and one for Sony?
Sure.

http://joshuajamesslone.name/gamecharting/piechartspan.php?group=Manufacturer

If you want to play around with graph customization some more, try this out. If you leave the Week bits blank, they default to this week or this year, depending on which it is.

I also want to make a note that the larger the pie chart gets, the less accurate it is. I think JPGraph just wasn't intended to make such large images, so you get weird things like Xbox's slice of the yearly pie looking like it's about 1/3 that of GCN or X360's, when it's really 1/40. Less an issue when we're going by entire companies, though.

Aside from Pokemon D/P, which is pretty much a sure bet, are there any games on the horizon with the potential to break 2 million?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Pureauthor said:
Aside from Pokemon D/P, which is pretty much a sure bet, are there any games on the horizon with the potential to break 2 million?
Common sense training

Bo130

Pureauthor said:

Final Fantasy III, and, I think, Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi - depends on the 2nd week sales, which we'll get the first look of tomorrow :)

Pureauthor said:

Yoshi's Island 2 and Common Sense Training. Though with the DS you never know what could happen. Even Final Fantasy 3 has the slightest chance of breaking 2 million.

jarrod

Banned
I dunno about 2m for FF3... that seems a bit out of reach. 1m is basically guaranteed at this point though. :)

jesusraz

Stopsign said:
Yoshi's Island 2 and Common Sense Training. Though with the DS you never know what could happen. Even Final Fantasy 3 has the slightest chance of breaking 2 million.

It'll be interesting to see how they sell Yoshi's Island 2 to the Japanese audience. Will it be as hyped as Mario Bros.? You'd hope so, as it does indeed have the potential to break a million easily.

As for Common Sense Training...I'd completely forgotten about that! Isn't it due for an October release?

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
When do unconfirmed numbers usually get posted?

Prediction:

Nintendo DS: 185,000
NSMB: 110,000
Cooking Utility: 65,000

donny2112

Pureauthor said:
Common Sense Training is the perfect fit - anyone who'd buy one obviously needs it.

Just in case someone actually forgot and isn't just making a joke out of it, the game is actually called "General Knowledge Training." Common Sense Training was an earlier, mistaken translation.

ethelred

DSXBoy said:
When will the unconfirmed sales figures for 24 - 30 July be posted???:)

Every time someone asks, the posting gets pushed back by ten hours.

Thanks for ruining it for all of us.

neo2046

unconfirmed

Tamagotchi 2 - 192,458
Sengoku Basara 2 - 135,850
New SMB - 114,225
Mario Basket 3on3- 110,708
Kamaitachi no Yoru 3 - 97,315
Derby Stallion PSP - 49,206
Mushiking 2 DS - 31,763

fresquito

neo2046 said:
unconfirmed

Tamagotchi 2 - 192,458
New SMB - 114,225
Mushiking 2 DS - 31,763

Wow, what a week. Very good numbers overall.

Doogdogg

neo2046 said:
unconfirmed

Tamagotchi 2 - 192,458
New SMB - 114,225
Mushiking 2 DS - 31,763

Good numbers all around cept Mushiking. I thought it was hot shit there.

fresquito

Doogdogg said:
Good numbers all around cept Mushiking. I thought it was hot shit there.
Well, Mushiking is the shit on GBA, which demographic is much younger than DS´ I guess without Pokemon, chances for Mushiking to do good are slim.

Bo130

I'd say it's good. Tamagotchi is good too.

About Mushi King... Don't they usually sell bucketloads, but divided into a lot of weeks = Legs.

You have anything on the cooking software og Tekken DR? :)

Doogdogg

RaijinFY said:
Well It was on GBA, less on DS.

DS is way more popular than GBA... must be some whacky thing going on. Lighting doesn't strike twice in the same place. :/

Pureauthor said:
Is 110,000 for Mario Hoops good or bad?

it's quite good as it's probably the first basketball I've seen to done this type of numbers. Other Mario sports has done very well. Tennis on N64 sold over a million (in JPN).

Dunno about the Mario golf series though but I'm guessing it's very popular since those Hot Shot series sell a million with every releases.

Top Bottom