• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/19 - 2/25

Kuramu

i love the mario charts, but i prefer the one that is scaled according to actual sales numbers as opposed to the one that is linearly scaled to only show placement.

farnham

Banned
Error said:
wait so how's 60k for PSP good and 60k for wii bad?

because the PSP is not really on a high run (except MHP2 last week)
while the Wii was supposedly doing very well.. 60k is a small drop from last week..

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Now that I think about it, will Wii Play ever be outside of the top 10-15 as long as the Wii is the #1 selling home console each week? I can see it selling 30-40k a week for the lifetime of the console since it comes with a controller.

That's right, I'm predicting 10 million plus. Mark it dude.

Wii Play and Wii Sports will have HELL of legs in the chart, that's for sure. Wii Sports especially will probably remain one of the (if not THE) flagship game of the console during his entire life, so it will sell constantly a lot of Wii consoles. And as you mentioned, as long as Wii consoles are bought, Wii Play + Wiimote packs will be sold, so this product will very probably sell a LOT as well.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
farnham said:
because the PSP is not really on a high run (except MHP2 last week)
while the Wii was supposedly doing very well.. 60k is a small drop from last week..

Yup.

60k for Wii is below expectations. It should be in the 65-80k range. I still think these early estimations are off a bit from MC.

farnham

Banned
Stormbringer said:
Wii Play and Wii Sports will have HELL of legs in the chart, that's for sure. Wii Sports especially will probably remain one of the (if not THE) flagship game of the console during his entire life, so it will sell constantly a lot of Wii consoles. And as you mentioned, as long as Wii consoles are bought, Wii Play + Wiimote packs will be sold, so this product will very probably sell a LOT as well.
until Wiisports 2 , Wii motorsports and Health pack ships

PantherLotus said:
Yup.

60k for Wii is below expectations. It should be in the 65-80k range. I still think these early estimations are off a bit from MC.

Even so, if it's selling at a 100% of the shipment, it isn't sales that's the problem, but supply

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Nazgul_Hunter said:
Even so, if it's selling at a 100% of the shipment, it isn't sales that's the problem, but supply

Oh no, I know that. I'm not sayin', I'm just saying.

60k (shipments) are below expectations. We already know they can hit at least 80k per week for Japan. They must be moving a lot to the States, and probably to EU/UK.

farnham

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Yup.

shinobi estamations are always a little bit off

i think it was too low for the wii last week and a little bit to high for the PSP

we will see in two days

Taker666

farnham said:
im expecting the wii to substain high level sales thats all.. 60k is not that much for the leading platform..

True..but then again Nintendo only planned to manufacture 2 million units for the first quarter. Which would work out to around a 55k per region per week capacity.

Thraktor

farnham said:
until Wiisports 2 , Wii motorsports and Health pack ships

I wouldn't count on it, Brain Age continues to sell well alongside More Brain Age, Common Knowledge Training, etc. Wii Sports currently at a 65.5% attach rate to the console, and continues to sell consistently at the same rate (compared to Wii hardware sales for the week), which puts it well within the realm of possibility that it'll do DS "non-game" magnitude sales of 4 million (maybe even more) over the console's life.

SuomiDude

DeaconKnowledge said:
PSP is not usually that high and the Wii is not usually that low.
PSP going from 100K to 60K is BAD. Wii going from 79K to 60K isn't so bad. Also PSP is not selling out, Wii is. PS3 also got a nice boost.

Shiggy

Roders5 said:
But why would shipments go up and down between 60 and 80 every other week?

The (transportation) costs are probably lower shipping more consoles every 2 weeks than less consoles each week.

linsivvi

Taker666 said:
True..but then again Nintendo only planned to manufacture 2 million units for the first quarter. Which would work out to around a 55k per region per week capacity.

They also only managed to ship a little bit more than 3 million last year, so at least add 500K to this quarter, which does work out to what Japan is currently getting.

Jokeropia

farnham said:
60k is not that much for the leading platform..
I get what you're saying (lower shipment than last week) but 60k per week is normally a huge amount for any leading platform in Japan, it's just that the DS has warped our view a bit. :)

SuomiDude said:
PSP going from 100K to 60K is BAD. Wii going from 79K to 60K isn't so bad. Also PSP is not selling out, Wii is. PS3 also got a nice boost.

PSP was at 100k for ONE week. It was an exception because of MHP2; nobody expected it to stay that high.

I agree that the Wii's drop isn't that bad, but it's the worst the Wii's ever been. (Or am I mistaken? Has the Wii been below 60k since launch?)

farnham

Banned
Jokeropia said:
I get what you're saying (lower shipment than last week) but 60k per week is normally a huge amount for any leading platform in Japan, it's just that the DS has warped our view a bit. :)

uh.. the PS2 consistantly sold over 70k when my knowledge is right with several bumps over 150k in its lifespan

Link

The Autumn Wind
DeaconKnowledge said:
PSP was at 100k for ONE week. It was an exception because of MHP2; nobody expected it to stay that high.

I agree that the Wii's drop isn't that bad, but it's the worst the Wii's ever been. (Or am I mistaken? Has the Wii been below 60k since launch?)
Thanks to the power of repetition through PantherLotus's charts, I can tell you that the Wii has never dipped below 63k in a week.

lancubap

Link said:
Thanks to the power of repetition through PantherLotus's charts, I can tell you that the Wii has never dipped below 63k in a week.

So it is clear that it is more then possible that the Wii will not go down under 63k, because after all, 60k is only an estimation.

Link

The Autumn Wind
lancubap said:
So it is clear that it is more then possible that the Wii will not go down under 63k, because after all, 60k is only an estimation.
250px-Nibbler_(futurama).jpg

"Correct!"

Link

The Autumn Wind
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
He's not.

In fact, most everyone here still doesn't want to understand what are the numbers we get from sinobi and neoplay blogs.
What did he say that wasn't correct? sinobi's numbers are estimates. If he reports 60k, it's more than possible that the actual numbers could be over 63k.

Link said:
What did he say that wasn't correct? sinobi's numbers are estimates. If he reports 60k, it's more than possible that the actual numbers could be over 63k.
Actual numbers as in Media Create numbers that are estimates.

sinobi reports rounded estimates from Enterbrain numbers, Famitsu numbers, that we will get non-rounded from Famitsu next week.

Kenka

lancubap said:

True but it doesn't matter at all since we all know that there are massive shortages in Japan.

btw, I love your avatar but wouldn't it be even more better to choose a picture in which Moritz is not shaved ? Thank you :)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hcoregamer00 said:
Wow, supply constraints?

Thankfully Nintendo is upping production....are they?

It looks to me more like they're dependent on a 3rd party for one of their parts. Let's get to the bottom of this!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
PantherLotus said:
It looks to me more like they're dependent on a 3rd party for one of their parts. Let's get to the bottom of this!

D'oh

Third Parties aren't helping in the software arena and they sure aren't helping when they constrain the supply.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
farnham said:
oh.. of course not this year.. i was thinking about 2000 to 2005
Dude, chart reading comprehension, the charts lists the first year of each console so it starts in 2000 for the PS2

edit: damn, burned

Top Bottom