• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/19 - 2/25

Tabris

Haha, I like this thread! Best media create thread in a year. Good times :)

I can't wait for hardware! How long until hardware?

Jonnyram

perfectchaos007 said:
Not that they are credible, but vgcharts.org says the DS Lite still outsold PSP this week.
You should realise, that they basically just make shit up and change it on the fly when they get new actual data. The site needs banning from GAF.

Jonnyram said:
You should realise, that they basically just make shit up and change it on the fly when they get new actual data. The site needs banning from GAF.
AFAIK, the site is banned from sales threads. But when you're a new member you can't know that.

Was the shipment of Wiis for this week in Japan bigger than usual to accommodate Naruto and FE or roughly the same as previous shipments? Any ideas?

Tabris

BTW, best third party first week sales on a "next gen" handheld. I wonder if even anything third party on the Gameboy Advance has sold more than 700k copies in a single week in Japan.

The real test for Fire Emblem is seeing if it is still in the charts next week as more fans of the series manage to find a Wii during this week's shipments.

Jonnyram

Souldriver said:
AFAIK, the site is banned from sales threads. But when you're a new member you can't know that.
I mean it should be censored like *****, ******, ******* and *********.

Jammy

Banned
PSP had a great showing with Monster Hunter Portable 2. Unfortunately, I don't see much sustaining these software and hardware numbers for the system. Still, it's good to see for the system. The PSP this year has been performing better than last year up until this point, but I'm not quite sure if it can sustain that either.

DS... not much can be said. No killer-apps released for it during the week but it still manages to handily outsell every other system out there. DS games are still selling well and have great legs and Professor Layton and the Mysterious Village and Picross DS deserve those sales, no doubt. It's good to see third parties getting in on the action, too.

Wii had a good software week (four games in the top ten). Wii Sports and Wii Play have good legs and in a couple of weeks the system will get its second million-seller (a feat the GCN didn't even manage over there). Naruto Wii sold okay for being shit and Fire Emblem: GoD deserves way more sales... but the low install base can't really allow for huge sellers at this moment. Hardware sales should be pretty good.

PS2 just keeps on chugging, and it deserves to.

360 has a game in the top 30! PS3 doesn't! :lol

bigswords

jett said:
Is this Monster Hunter game even good?

I like the first one, you'll need friends though to maximise the fun. Having 4 hunters with different weaponds/ amours and taking down a huge monster was really a big draw.
It basically a co-op grind game really fun. But I didnt really like the camera view, hopefully they fixed it in the second one.

jvalioli

Barf_the_Mog said:
You're late as usual. Hardware charts on tuesday, software on Wednesday. C'mon now, we've been doing this for years now.

Edit: thursday.
Don't we usually get a couple early numbers from sinobi(or whatever its called)?
Tabris said:

Tabris said:
BTW, best third party first week sales on a "next gen" handheld. I wonder if even anything third party on the Gameboy Advance has sold more than 700k copies in a single week in Japan.

:lol :lol

cvxfreak

Tabris said:

Dragon Quest IX will seize the record, but it's still highly impressive for the PSP.

Jammy

Banned
Tabris said:

Do you think PSP will be the best selling system? :lol

Jammy

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Dragon Quest IX will seize the record, but it's still highly impressive for the PSP.

It's very impressive for the PSP and impressive for any system in general. Still, I feel like kicking Square-Enix for the Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker and Final Fantasy III shortages. And apparently FFXII: Revenant Wings will be released around Golden Week and the initial shipment will only be 500,000. Seriously, does anybody think that's enough?

icecream said:
Ronok said:
Good job for Higurashi..... I still want to know what happens at the end of the original game that didn't make it to the anime though...... ; ;
PS2 ending is supposed to be the better one :p

It's just left to see how season two of the anime finishes the story.

Higurashi has eight parts (eight games, originally), and the anime covers the first six... but the PS2 stuff has some additional content. Presumably season two of the anime will cover the last two parts, plus hopefully also the added PS2 content...

Oh, and Fire Emblem did okay considering the size of the Wii's userbase currently, I think.

sphinx

the piano man
so, which are the clear absents on the top 30 list?

.- Virtua fighter 5
.- Kirby Squeak squad
.- Dragoen Guest Monster: Joker

and that's it, right?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Welcome back to the Media Create threads Tabris, enjoy it while it lasts.

I really think we need Mono, Tabris or jimbo to have more fun in these threads. Good old days. :D

duckroll

A Black Falcon said:
Higurashi has eight parts (eight games, originally), and the anime covers the first six... but the PS2 stuff has some additional content. Presumably season two of the anime will cover the last two parts, plus hopefully also the added PS2 content...

Oh, and Fire Emblem did okay considering the size of the Wii's userbase currently, I think.

Actually, the PS2 version has -different- content. Not really additional. The creator of Higurashi himself said that he wants each version to have the same foundation (the 4 question arcs, and first 3 answer arcs) but a different form of conclusion so it stays "fresh" for fans who have played/read/seen previous versions.

I'm pretty sure the anime will have a different form of conclusion and it's own unique arc(s) after covering the third answer arc. The mangas have their own original content as well.

Dave Long

Banned
sphinx said:

.- Virtua fighter 5
.- Kirby Squeak squad

and that's it, right?
Joker's number eight, dude.

cvxfreak

Capcom and Square Enix are the undisputed kings of the handheld realm. Capcom sold a million copies of Rockman EXE 4 (when combined with 4.5), is nearing 1 Million for both MH games, and have the Phoenix Wright series too. Who knows, maybe Gyakuten 4 will sell 500K which would be quite an achievement and Ryusei no Rockman will rebound if it gets a second installment.

And then there's SE with FF and DQ. :)

EDIT: Third party-wise.

Jammy

Banned
sphinx said:

.- Virtua fighter 5
.- Kirby Squeak squad

and that's it, right?

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker is at spot eight...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Tabris said:

It's a shame it won't be the best selling third party game ever, though.

ant1532

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Capcom and Square Enix are the undisputed kings of the handheld realm. Capcom sold a million copies of Rockman EXE 4 (when combined with 4.5), is nearing 1 Million for both MH games, and have the Phoenix Wright series too. Who knows, maybe Gyakuten 4 will sell 500K which would be quite an achievement and Ryusei no Rockman will rebound if it gets a second installment.

And then there's SE with FF and DQ. :)
This reminds me... When the hell are we getting that Rockman Battle Network DS game?

Didn't it come out a while back in Japan and get alright sales? How was it?

Jokeropia

Defuser said:
It's unfair because these two game are aiming at different audience.
It's unfair that Pokemon appeals to a larger audience? Isn't that pretty much the definition of popularity?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
cvxfreak said:
Didn't NSMB sold 900,000 on it's first week?

btw, only SqaureEnix, Capcom and Namco can make money off the PSP dead body in Japan

edit: wait, 3rd party. reading comprehension failed

xsarien

daedsiluap
Defuser said:
It's unfair because these two game are aiming at different audience.

That's some SCEI-caliber spin right there, son. Are you writing $1200 checks for found PS3s as well?

Top Bottom