• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 22 - 28 May (kay, real this time)

Jeff-DSA

Archie said:
Don't you get it? Third parties are the life blood that drives game sales. Nintendo's first party sales are good...for Nintendo. Without third party sales, support will falter on the DS and third parties will choose the PSP, where third parties sell much better. With all the third parties supporting the PSP, it is only a manner of time until Sony overtakes Nintendo in the global market. :D

:lol

Mashing

cvxfreak said:
DENGEKI:

DS Lite: 302,000

NSMB: 874,000
--- Super Mario Advance: 220K / 811K
Itadaki: 51,000
Kimikiss: 38,000

cvxfreak
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
(Today, 11:32 PM)
Reply | Quote

Yeah, what ^^^ said

Akia

cvxfreak said:
DENGEKI:

Man I want my DSL now. Stupid NOA why you make me wait so long:(

mj1108

cvxfreak said:
DENGEKI:

Holy....
liquify-execs-money-bin.gif

Ok, and I thought the 200K from last week was a mindblowing number.

Don't know what to say with this one.

Oh, and I saw DS lights on store shelves today. Please tell me why they have to wait
11 FUCKING DAYS to sell them?

davepoobond said:
heh sounds interesting. I doubt its coming over here though?

(thanks everyone else that replied)
None of the others have, so I'd doubt it.

jamesinclair said:
Sunshine sold that badly? I thought it would have hit 1 million at least...
I'm pretty sure SSBM remains the only GCN game to top a million in Japan. A million would be like 25% userbase penetration.

cvxfreak said:
Buh? Is that showing what it did first week back in 2001, and its total?

cvxfreak

JoshuaJSlone said:
Buh? Is that showing what it did first week back in 2001, and its total?

Yep. 220K for the GBA launch in Japan in 2001, and it's total to date.

I think Nintendo needs to make a New Super Mario USA ASAP.

KINGMOKU

cvxfreak said:
DENGEKI:

So in one week, 20months after releaing, the DS sold 10% of the Gamecube total userbase in Japan?

WTF?

moku said:
So in one week, 20months after releaing, the DS sold 10% of the Gamecube total userbase in Japan?

WTF?

If Nintendo can someone position and advertise the Wii as a larger version of the DS in Japan, there will be no stopping it.

And how much did PSP sell this week, for comparison?

KINGMOKU

cvxfreak said:
A little less than 10%. GC is at about 4 million in Japan.
What was the Gamecubes largest week ever in Japan, and for that fct, what are every systems largest week ever in Japan compared to the DS's largest ever week?

But, just considering this, has another console,portable or otherwise ever hit 302,000 this far after launch, and in the middle of summer?

cvxfreak said:
So awesome. I remember that's what some were thinking Super Mario Advance was initially, since there were screen shots of areas that didn't quite match the original. Then again people thought Super Princess Peach might be like a successor, but that didn't exactly pan out either. For a game that donated so much to the Mario universe, its actual gameplay didn't get followed up on much.

jj984jj said:
*bets Media Create will be sub-300K tomorrow*
299,518? :)

cvxfreak

moku said:
What was the Gamecubes largest week ever in Japan, and for that fct, what are every systems largest week ever in Japan compared to the DS's largest ever week?

The GC's largest week was the week of 29 Dec - 4 Jan 2004, when it sold 164,500 systems in a week.

PS2's is probably that same week, at 244,000. GBA at 275K the same week as well.

EDIT: Nevermind. PS2's biggest week was apparently 12/31 - 1/06 2002, with 314,724 systems sold. GBA the week of 16 - 22 Dec 2002 with 303,834.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
cvxfreak said:
Yep. 220K for the GBA launch in Japan in 2001, and it's total to date.

Better make a New Super Mario Bros. 2 with the difficulty of the original Super Mario Bros. 2 :).

KINGMOKU

cvxfreak said:
The GC's largest week was the week of 29 Dec - 4 Jan 2004, when it sold 164,500 systems in a week.

PS2's is probably that same week, at 244,000. GBA at 275K the same week as well.
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Your telling me that the DS's 302,000 units this week in the middle of the summer 20months after the little bastard launched is bigger then any week the PS2 has ever had?

Your joking, right?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
moku said:
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Your telling me that the DS's 302,000 units this week in the middle of the summer 20months after the little bastard launched is bigger then any week the PS2 has ever had?

Your joking, right?
And it would only be the 6th or 7th (depending if it's lower than 300K) best week the DS has ever had.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
1. (DS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Bros. - 899,518

Non-game status confirmed. :(

Leondexter said:
Place your bets. Does NSMB's crazy sales indicate it's going to go on to become the best-selling Mario game ever (a la Pokemon), or did the pre-arrival hype just concentrate all its sales into week 1 (a la Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest)?

In other words, will its sales chart someday look like this:

chart1.jpg

Or like this:

chart2.jpg

I don't get it, if tons of people here think NSMB has legs, then wouldn't it be no. 1?

moku said:

Your joking, right?
I think cvxfreak was excluding launch weeks. Still the point remains that DS in May is doing better than most systems in December.

cvxfreak

Deku said:
I'll sell you mine for $200

:lol

moku said:

Your joking, right?

Sorry - I edited my post.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Meh @ hardware sales. Totally desensitized now after Christmas 2005.

Wait til Pokemon.

unifin

BorkBork said:
Meh @ hardware sales. Totally desensitized now after Christmas 2005.

Wait til Pokemon.

*spits out Pepsi*

I'd completely forgotten about that. Jesus H. Christ, this is going to be INSANE.

KINGMOKU

cvxfreak said:

EDIT: Nevermind. PS2's biggest week was apparently 12/31 - 1/06 2002, with 314,724 systems sold. GBA the week of 16 - 22 Dec 2002 with 303,834.
I am still amazed.

Honestly, WTF? Whats the biggest week of console sales EVER in Japan? For one system?

*Thanks for the answers BTW, this is making what the DS is doing seem even more amazing to me*

cvxfreak

moku said:
I am still amazed.

Honestly, WTF? Whats the biggest week of console sales EVER in Japan? For one system?

*Thanks for the answers BTW, this is making what the DS is doing seem even more amazing to me*

597,628 Week of December 19 - 25, 2005.

Emotions

Go DS Go.

The DS is just a fad , it will soon go away and PSP will take over and be a monopoly [/monorojo]
When is Phoenix Dark when we need him :lol

Top Bottom