• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 29 May - 4 June

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Rlan said:
It's gaffy, not a crab :mad:

gafeat3df.gif

gafmeeble5bm.gif
omg! :lol

melvoin

Banned
Rockman.exe 5 for DS is over 100k? That's astounding. Just for comparison, I wonder how many copies .exe 5 sold for GBA?

If Capcom can get numbers like that, why haven't they done the same thing with .exe 6? Change the box art, throw in some nominal touch screen functionality, and wait for the money to roll in...

HomShaBom

Banned
melvoin said:
Rockman.exe 5 for DS is over 100k? That's astounding. Just for comparison, I wonder how many copies .exe 5 sold for GBA?

If Capcom can get numbers like that, why haven't they done the same thing with .exe 6? Change the box art, throw in some nominal touch screen functionality, and wait for the money to roll in...

It prints money...

Emotions

melvoin said:

It's a 2 games in one, so that helps, i'm not sure if they're gonna do the same with Exe 6.
They haven't said anything. If there's gonna be a DS version like it happened to 5, i'd wait on it, but we don't know anything...

melvoin said:

Just wait. They will.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Emotions said:
It's Capcom we're talking about here. We'll see PSP ports of Phoenix Wright, before releasing Megaman Exe 6 Double Team. :lol
Her point exactly. RMEXE6 DS will come, it's another cheap port, it has Capcom written all over it.

Just btw., I was always confused about these Megaman games. As far as I know these Rockman Exe games are sort of the "main games" of this series (atleast they sell more than the other games).
What I am wondering is, is there a Megaman Exe game announced for DS and/or PSP?

koam

Rlan said:
It's gaffy, not a crab :mad:

gafeat3df.gif

You ALMOST have it. The only thing missing is for the word "believe" to turn purple and run away.

P.S Can someone make the pachart for last week?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Mashing said:
These charts are NOT next-gen. Look at all the jaggies!

:D
It's reminiscent of a clasic game, therfore the jaggies are for purpose - Retro feeling!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
JonathanEx said:
YOU WANT NEXT GEN SALES? LET'S GET SOME NEXT GEN SALES CHART IN HERE!
nextgensales5yd.png
The other Nintendo systems should be shaped like the fruit while the Sony/MS systems should be the ghosts. :D

koam

JonathanEx said:
YOU WANT NEXT GEN SALES? LET'S GET SOME NEXT GEN SALES CHART IN HERE!
nextgensales5yd.png

Fix the eyes. and you're missing the numbers..

Why not make these charts DS vs Rest and have the "rest" be black to make it look like his mouth :p

http://joshuajamesslone.name/gamecharting/test7.php?date1=2006-05-29

GBASP after 14 weeks: 1.01M
DSL after 14 weeks: 2.06M
Time for GBASP to reach 2.06M: ~44 weeks

"GBA after SP" after 14 weeks: 263K
"DS after DSL" after 14 weeks: 417K
Time for "GBA after SP" to reach 417K: ~28 weeks

DS after 14 weeks: 1.88M
PSP after 14 weeks: 1.02M

I don't know if you guys remember since even I forgot about it and didn't post about it, but some time ago I added to my spreadsheet a "Rest of year" statistic. That is, how well a system must do for the rest of the year, compared to how it did last year, to reach the same total. Since it's been a while, the numbers have changed a lot.

GCN: 140.2%
GBA: 167.5%
GBASP: 152.3%
GBM: 76.5%
DS: 102.2%
DSL: N/A
PS2: 132.3%
PSP: 107.1%
Xbox: 224.7%
X360: 27.2%

GBA sum: 112.6%
DS sum: 38.2%

So for the rest of the year, DS+DSL sales could be just 40% of what they were on the equivalent weeks in 2005, and still end up with a higher yearly total.

Top Bottom