• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 25, 2014 (Jun 16 - Jun 22)

LOCK

With Yo-Kai Watch 2, we will see just his strong the brand has become and if it is a system seller.

Nintendo should get L5 to jump on the amiibo train, it's profit for both.

With Yo-Kai Watch 2, we will see just his strong the brand has become and if it is a system seller.

Nintendo should get L5 to jump on the amiibo train, it's profit for both.
Youkai Watch IS a system seller, it's keeping the 3DS from falling further.

L~A

Youkai Watch IS a system seller, it's keeping the 3DS from falling further.

But we have no concrete data to back that up. Youkai Watch caters to more or less the same kind of people that already own a 3DS (because of Pokémon, among other things), so lots of them already owned the console before buying the game.

I'd love some actual data to clear that one up. YW is definitely one of the 3DS strongest "allies", though.

Which make me think, Nintendo needs to have Youkai Watch something at launch for their next handheld. With the current market situation, it really needs to come out with a BANG.

Oh, and from the official Hyrule Warriors twitter:

BrNnYRHCAAAk6N9.jpg:large

I really do think letting Tecmo-Koei handles marketting and advertisement for HW was a good call from Nintendo. At least we can be sure it won't be sent alone to its own death, like TW101 was... : /

L~A

Totally missed that news during E3 week... Apparently, there's a Youkai Watch movie coming out on Dec. 20 in Japan. Pre-order tickets can get you a special Fuyunyan medal, apparently.

Game, TV series, goodies, movie... Level-5's really going all-out, heh?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Totally missed that news during E3 week... Apparently, there's a Youkai Watch movie coming out on Dec. 20 in Japan. Pre-order tickets can get you a special Fuyunyan medal, apparently.

Insane. Next stop is Gundam Yokai.

jakncoke

Banned
Media Create Sales: Week 25, 2008 (Jun 16 - Jun 22)

25./24. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl <FTG> (Nintendo) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)

31./37. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl <FTG> (Nintendo) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)

Late: But can you find a new copy for cheaper or did they really not drop price in 6 years

mrjohill

One thing you cannot fault Level-5 in is that they are an incredibly fast moving company.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

So Youkai Watch is going to get another spike on top the normal Christmas one? Level-5 continues to capitalize on this success. Good for them =).

46./00. [PSV] Persona 4: Golden <RPG> (Atlus) {2012.06.14} (¥7.329)

Between Persona Q and whatever they are airing on TV and movie theaters, it seems Persona 4 Golden is ready to make a comeback. It's charting high and very close to PQ on Amazon and Yodobashi.

I wonder if Persona 5 will have the same popularity of Persona 4.

RalchAC

Is it a original film or are they adapting a season / arc in a film? That's quite an usual practice at Japan. For example, Gintama's Benizakura Arc was adapted into a film. They took the stuff from the anime, added a few new scenes and released it.

Between Persona Q and whatever they are airing on TV and movie theaters, it seems Persona 4 Golden is ready to make a comeback. It's charting high and very close to PQ on Amazon and Yodobashi.

Is Persona 4 still at full price? My god. The game sure is worth full price, but it's already 2 years old. We'll never know, but it'd be interesting how many used sales are being sold.

L Thammy

Is it a original film or are they adapting a season / arc in a film? That's quite an usual practice at Japan. For example, Gintama's Benizakura Arc was adapted into a film. They took the stuff from the anime, added a few new scenes and released it.

As a bit of trivia, those abridged anime films are how Gundam became popular.

Nyoro SF

Is Persona 4 still at full price? My god. The game sure is worth full price, but it's already 2 years old. We'll never know, but it'd be interesting how many used sales are being sold.

There's a Persona 4 Golden sale like every week. I got mine for 10$ if I recall.

Lexxism

Super Smash Bros Brawl too. Still at full price after 6 years in the market.

Media Create Sales: Week 25, 2008 (Jun 16 - Jun 22)

25./24. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl <FTG> (Nintendo) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)

31./37. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl <FTG> (Nintendo) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)

used copy is still very expensive, maybe that's the reason people prefer to buy a new one

iirc P4G used is more than 4,000yen or around it

I thought a budget version had been released but I was wrong...

Freeman

Banned
Is Nintendo directly involved with the Youkai Watch series? How does it compare to Pokemon? I don't have a good idea of what it is.

Shizuka

Atlus would be wise to make a PQ anime next year.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Weekly Chart:

01./00. [PSV] Freedom Wars
02./00. [PS4] Watch Dogs
03./00. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Time Travel Adventure
04./00. [PS3] Watch Dogs
05./00. [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battle Wars 2 [Limited Edition]
06./00. [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battle Wars 2 [Standard Edition]

07./02. [3DS] Youkai Watch
08./01. [WIU] Mario Kart 8
09./03. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge
10./00. [PSV] Girls & Panzer [Standard Edition]
11./04. [3DS] Persona Q
12./05. [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy
13./00. [PS4] Orochi Warriors 2: Ultimate
14./07. [PSP] Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge
15./08. [3DS] Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge
16./06. [PS3] One Piece: Unlimited World Red
17./00. [PS3] Date a Life
18./00. [WIU] Kamen Rider: Battle Wars 2 [Standard Edition]
19./00. [PSV] Girls & Panzer [Limited Edition]
20./00. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V (Best Edition)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so...if Yokai Watchi 2 will debut over 1 million (I'm nost sure about this, but let's pretend it), where this will put the IP in the Japanese videogame history?

I mean: I remember that Inazuma Eleven won some "GAF" prize back in the day for being something like the only new JRPG being able to surpass the 1 million mark in a decade or even more, and I remember also the happiness around GAF for Bravely Default being the most successfull new IP for SE in more than 10 years or something like that.

If Yokai will be able to debut over the million, will this be some remarkable milestone, isnt' it?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If your arent FF,MH, DQ or Pokemon and can sell more than a million copies in the first week thats a HUUUUHE deal - no matter if the IP might be dead in a couple of years with the usual L5 milking.

L~A

Unless it's a mistaken on ANN part, the project was greenlit in June... so yeah, not an original film.

There's also Attack on Titan getting the same treatment, with a "movie" on November 22. It's basically the first half of the series in one movie, with new voice acting (same VA, though), with the second half covering the second part of the series coming next week.

Curious to see if Spike-Chunsoft will release a new game in November, last year's was surprisingly sucessful (then again, anything AoT-related is bound to be successful).

zeromcd73

so...if Yokai Watchi 2 will debut over 1 million (I'm nost sure about this, but let's pretend it), where this will put the IP in the Japanese videogame history?

I mean: I remember that Inazuma Eleven won some "GAF" prize back in the day for being something like the only new JRPG being able to surpass the 1 million mark in a decade or even more, and I remember also the happiness around GAF for Bravely Default being the most successfull new IP for SE in more than 10 years or something like that.

If Yokai will be able to debut over the million, will this be some remarkable milestone, isnt' it?

These are the only games in Japanese history that have sold over 1milllion first week that aren't Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, or Monster Hunter (no first week data available for Famicom or Super Famicom):

[GB] Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters 4 - 1,228,599 / 2,210,162 (Dec 7, 2000)
[PS1] Biohazard 3 Last Escape - 1,005,020 / 1,383,282 (Sept 22, 1999)
[PS1] Biohazard 2 - 1,389,733 / 2,154,975 (Jan 29, 1998)

Tsutaya's Weekly Chart:

01./00. [PSV] Freedom Wars
02./00. [PS4] Watch Dogs
03./00. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Time Travel Adventure
04./00. [PS3] Watch Dogs
05./00. [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battle Wars 2 [Limited Edition]
06./00. [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battle Wars 2 [Standard Edition]

07./02. [3DS] Youkai Watch
08./01. [WIU] Mario Kart 8
09./03. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge
10./00. [PSV] Girls & Panzer [Standard Edition]
11./04. [3DS] Persona Q
12./05. [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy
13./00. [PS4] Orochi Warriors 2: Ultimate
14./07. [PSP] Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge
15./08. [3DS] Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge
16./06. [PS3] One Piece: Unlimited World Red
17./00. [PS3] Date a Life
18./00. [WIU] Kamen Rider: Battle Wars 2 [Standard Edition]
19./00. [PSV] Girls & Panzer [Limited Edition]
20./00. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V (Best Edition)

Could GTAV reach 800k?

Foshy

Comgnet Ranking:

Code:
1.  [PSV] Freedom Wars - 440pt
2.  [PS3] Kamen Rider Battride War 2 premium TV & MOVIE sound edition - 154pt
3.  [3DS] The Adventure of space-time and the master Don Taiko - 107pt
4.  [PS4] Watch Dogs - 102pt
5.  [PS3] Watch Dogs - 61pt
6.  [PS3] Kamen Rider Battride War 2 - 56pt
7.  [3DS] Yokai Watch - 41pt
8.  [PS3] protect installation Dating-A-Live (Limited Edition) - 34Pt
9.  [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki Samurai Challenge - 30pt
10. [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy - 28pt
11. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 - 27pt
12. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 - 27pt
13. [PSV] Girls & Panzer tank road, and extremely rival treasure BOX! - 21pt
14. [PS3] protect installation Dating-A-Live (Limited Edition) - 19pt
15. [PSV] Aiyoku no Eustia Angel's blessing (Limited Edition) - 15pt
16. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto 5 (Bargain Edition) - 15Pt
17. [PSV] Girls & Panzer tank road, and extremely (Edition)! - 14pt
18. [PS4] Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate - 10pt
19. [3DS] Persona Q Shadows of the labyrinth - 10pt
20. [3DS] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki Samurai Challenge - 9pt

google translate errors not fixed

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
These are the only games in Japanese history that have sold over 1milllion first week that aren't Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, or Monster Hunter (no first week data available for Famicom or Super Famicom):

WOW, just three titles (skipping the "Japanese sales monsters") in the last 16 years

Foshy

Interesting to see, how much will Vita sales raise with Freedom Wars.
Same with WD & PS4.

I'm not expecting explosive bumps, both titles primarily sell to people who already own the consoles.

imo, 20k for Vita and 10k for PS4 seems reasonable; software selling well will slighty raise hardware but not too much.

L~A

I'm not expecting explosive bumps, both titles primarily sell to people who already own the consoles.

imo, 20k for Vita and 10k for PS4 seems reasonable; software selling well will slighty raise hardware but not too much.

Wasn't there also a Super Premium Ultra Value Whatever Pack for Vita too?

Edit: (another?) Youkai Watch shop opening.

RalchAC

Unless it's a mistaken on ANN part, the project was greenlit in June... so yeah, not an original film.

There's also Attack on Titan getting the same treatment, with a "movie" on November 22. It's basically the first half of the series in one movie, with new voice acting (same VA, though), with the second half covering the second part of the series coming next week.

Curious to see if Spike-Chunsoft will release a new game in November, last year's was surprisingly sucessful (then again, anything AoT-related is bound to be successful).

Thanks for the answer. It's what I expected then. I think it's a cool practice. Better pacing, no more fast forward between chapters. I wish al Gintama serious arcs had something like this. They're short but amazing.

Damn Japan. You're not going to force SqEx retreat to consoles this way.

used copy is still very expensive, maybe that's the reason people prefer to buy a new one

iirc P4G used is more than 4,000yen or around it

I thought a budget version had been released but I was wrong...

I tought it too. Wow

Super Smash Bros Brawl too. Still at full price after 6 years in the market.

It's quite surprising, but it's a Nintendo game. Does games need years to drop in price xD
__

I agree with the guy that talked about a PQ anime.
__

Do we know when Atelier anime launches? Is the Vita version of Escha and Logy launching along with it?

Do we know when Atelier anime launches? Is the Vita version of Escha and Logy launching along with it?

If your talking about Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky, then its been out for about 12 weeks and the season is over. Unless your talking about a different Atelier anime?

KtSlime

Damn Japan. You're not going to force SqEx retreat to consoles this way.

Who needs them on consoles anyway? I play DQMSL every day to and from work, and at lunch/8 on Mondays. The game's fun. They should seriously think about dropping consoles and going 3DS/smartphone only, probably pay off best for them in the end.

Comgnet launch comparison:

Freedom Wars - 440pt

God Eater 2 - 696pt [258,826]
Toukiden - 343pt [127,744]
Sword Arts Online - 339pt [136,736]
Soul Sacrifice - 192pt [105,863]

I was wondering before if they were gonna make a movie for the holidays. It'd be a missed opportunity not to.

So Bio 3 had some FF-style legs huh
Pretty sure the first shop had to be closed due to selling out of months worth of stock in less than a week, so maybe it's the same shop coming back :)
That's kinda funny if true.

Comgnet launch comparison:

Freedom Wars - 440pt

God Eater 2 - 696pt [258,826]
Toukiden - 343pt [127,744]
Sword Arts Online - 339pt [136,736]
Soul Sacrifice - 192pt [105,863]

I was hoping for it to outperform God Eater 2, but I guess it was a tall order in the first place...

Top Bottom