• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Chemo

I'm avoiding this thread as much as I can, but I have one question (and really don't want to look through the posts to find out in order to avoid real spoilers): is it possible to get Raiden's traditional look from MGS2, the Skull Suit, as a costume in this game?

If you know, please answer in spoiler text, just in case someone else thinks that this knowledge is too much to know pre-release. Thanks so much in advance.

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm avoiding this thread as much as I can, but I have one question (and really don't want to look through the posts to find out in order to avoid real spoilers): is it possible to get Raiden's traditional look from MGS2, the Skull Suit, as a costume in this game?

If you know, please answer in spoiler text, just in case someone else thinks that this knowledge is too much to know pre-release. Thanks so much in advance.
Its day 1 dlc, was already posted a few pages back

edit: NVM, I misread, thought you said MGS4

RangerBAD

Well the dialogue so far has been atrocious and after only about two levels in, there have been about 15 eye rolling moments. But that didn't bother me, my main interest in this game was the combat, and while the combat was kinda fun at first, it seemed to get stale very quickly. The gameplay feels... I dont know... lacking in comparison to other Platinum titles.

I feel like I'm missing something

You must be lactose intolerant.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
He's playing with the wig right?

Can anyone confirm if it nets him the trophy?

Keasar

Swedish game magazine Level just gave Metal Gear Rising a 8/10. Highlights include this being Platinum's graphically prettiest game and the ridicously well-made controls.

Branson

So now that it's out in the open pretty much, any word on the final versions on which is better? 360 or PS3? Man I wish that this was on PC. I want the Grey Fox skin but don't want to grab the worse version so I have to wait until after the release so that fucks me over on that.

So now that it's out in the open pretty much, any word on the final versions on which is better? 360 or PS3? Man I wish that this was on PC. I want the Grey Fox skin but don't want to grab the worse version so I have to wait until after the release so that fucks me over on that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-metal-gear-rising-demo-showdown

Unless you think the final product is going to be drastically different than the demo code, that might help.

Also, if you go PS3, you get the 30 extra VR missions, I think.

After spoiling myself on many of the cutscenes I think PS3 is the way to go for uncompressed goodness.

JPKellams

I just got a box full of the vocal tracks CD... And I don't have a CD player in my hotel here in LA!

Psyched for the event! Watch my twitter for fun pics over the weekend!

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I just got a box full of the vocal tracks CD... And I don't have a CD player in my hotel here in LA!

Someone please post PG's funny pics here. Don't have twitter. :(

chrono01

A full box you say? That sounds awfully troublesome. I mean, that can't be easy to carry around, considering it's full and all. It must be rather heavy, and thus, be quite the strain on one's shoulders. But do not worry, I am here to help.

*chrono01 holds out his hands*

I shall take one of those CD's off your hands to lessen the load. No thanks is needed, I am a hero to those in need, and thus, do not require appreciation for my efforts.

...Well, it was worth a shot. :)

Revengeance difficulty looks balls hard
w/o infinity wig holy shit
. Looks almost as hard as a Master Ninja run in NG:B (or NG2)..
That dying from 2 rockets with full health upgrades

Revengeance difficulty looks balls hard
w/o infinity wig holy shit
. Looks almost as hard as a Master Ninja run in NG:B (or NG2)..
That dying from 2 rockets with full health upgrades

I haven't had my ass kicked by a game in a good while. Hurt me more, Platinum!/creepy

couple questions:

1. Can you use chapter select to start at different parts of a chapter? Or only the beginning?

2. Any way to skip the dialogue before (boss fight spoiler)
Monsoon, when you're kneeling on the ground in what looks like real-time
?

chrono01

I wonder if the Limited Edition has the full soundtrack or if it's just a selection CD.

As much as I love the Plasma Lamp [it's one of the major reasons I purchased the LE in the first place], it would be amazing to get the full soundtrack along with it. Otherwise, I'll just purchase it off of Amazon.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
mgrrboxzof8s.gif

Riposte

Oh, so the difficulty is between Hard and Revengeance. Unexpected. I think I may go with Very Hard if Revengeance is suppose to be crazy.

rvy

Banned
Why doesn't this game have chargeable attacks :'(?! I want Drive in Rising, this be total bullshitan.

1360988611001oaoct.png

I don't understand how you subdue cyborgs without killing them if you cut their body to pieces, but eh. I'll take it.

Top Bottom