• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

a very great letsplayer. I mean he's so good he puts every youtuber to shame. You should find him on youtube or his website chipandironicus.com

His MGS playthrough are great, very complete and balanced. He loves the series but he knows what he's doing. He reharse and edits his recordings. Look at his Rising combat primer videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Go3qpztOWY

We've featured him before. Much respect to this guy, definitely puts my MGS skills to shame.

Raynes

Social Media Manager and Community Manager. If you read it on our Facebook, Twitter, Steam Forums, Twitch.tv channel, fan forums or any other community or YouTube in an official capacity for North and South America, I have some finger in a pie, or directly responsible. My team is brought into discussions regarding marketing and sales. Despite the wordy intro, I don't have that much influence, but my ideas have been used in the past. I've been a part of the team since 2011 and with Konami (QA) since 2009. Full disclosure.

A big thank you to you for being here and listening to us!

robotrock

Banned
Got the image up for you guys, big enough for ya? :D

Damn, this is the greatest iPhone wallpaper ever
a6idURl.png

So I can't find the PS4 version on the PSN store at all...is this to be expected? How much is it going to be and when can it be pre-ordered?

Gridman

Neo Member
I saw this at my Walmart today on my lunch break:
9GkLBEN.jpg

And got really excited. The XBox One version was in the slot below it and to the right on the picture. But alas, the PS4 version was no where to be found. I'm surprised a high profile title like this is getting sold early all over. I suppose I can settle for waiting until Tuesday like everyone else.

bP73Tzx.jpg

And got really excited. The XBox One version was in the slot below it and to the right on the picture. But alas, the PS4 version was no where to be found. I'm surprised a high profile title like this is getting sold early all over. I suppose I can settle for waiting until Tuesday like everyone else.

Surprised? High profile titles ALWAYS without question get leaked/sold early. Publishers ship copies early in anticipation of the release date/launch events, etc. It's only niche titles with small print runs that don't show up until the day of.

Finished my run through the main mission. The base has so many little things to find: weapons, items, etc. But, I ran through it just to get the story bits out of the way.

Overall, I loved it, of course. I got spotted way too much on Normal though. Enemies can see you from far away. They definitely got rid of that finite vision cone from the old games. Plus, I'm rusty as all hell, so that doesn't help.

Ended up with a 9% completion. You unlock a bunch of things upon completion of the main mission, and there seem a bunch of rewards that unlock only if you meet certain conditions. So, there will be plenty to get out of it.

God damn that's a perfect OT.

Also, nice detail on that last bit about Peace Walker. No need to play it, just go read about it.... It's for the best.

Finished my run through the main mission. The base has so many little things to find: weapons, items, etc. But, I ran through it just to get the story bits out of the way.

Overall, I loved it, of course. I got spotted way too much on Normal though. Enemies can see you from far away. They definitely got rid of that finite vision cone from the old games. Plus, I'm rusty as all hell, so that doesn't help.

Ended up with a 9% completion. You unlock a bunch of things upon completion of the main mission, and there seem a bunch of rewards that unlock only if you meet certain conditions. So, there will be plenty to get out of it.

which version did you play? thoughts on the fox engine?

PS4. It's very nice, and seems perfect for the open world gameplay.

However, the game is definitely cross-gen. There's no shaking the simpler geometry concessions made for PS3/360.

ahh thanks for the impressions

watching the stream now, wow I am impressed!! infamous and mgs in the same week!!! ^_^

Ran Ran

Is the little story there interesting or good?

co1onel

Surprised? High profile titles ALWAYS without question get leaked/sold early. Publishers ship copies early in anticipation of the release date/launch events, etc. It's only niche titles with small print runs that don't show up until the day of.

Kind of weird that a large store like Walmart would put it out early though.

Played my copy earlier today. It looks fucking gorgeous on the PS4. Too bad it's so fucking short. I'll probably sell it off by the end of the week just to recoup the cash for it before it ends up everywhere used for $14.99.

Still, damn, this game delivers graphically.

ToraShiro was kind enough to put the image up already in case you missed it.

Also here's some HQ Shinkawa art of MGSV that recently became available.
Yep, I saw it couple of minutes after posting that reply (was going through the thread and wanted to quickly thank ToraShiro, and now doubly so for uploading the pic for us :)

Also, thanks for that art link!

Raynes

I'd love to know how the original cover art passed through as acceptable. The lens flare... goddam that's ridiculous.

Played my copy earlier today. It looks fucking gorgeous on the PS4. Too bad it's so fucking short. I'll probably sell it off by the end of the week just to recoup the cash for it before it ends up everywhere used for $14.99.

Still, damn, this game delivers graphically.

giphy.gif

The_Monk

While I haven't posted in this fine and amazing OT I can't wait to play this game on the PS4 and then share some impressions with my good fellow GAFfers!

My birthday is going to be on March 16th (Sunday) and this was the title to give for myself so I'll just have to wait until next friday and this shall be mine. I'm also very hyped for inFAMOUS second son and that one too a Day One purchase/gift for myself but for budgeting purposes I had to skip it and cancel my purchase (also, it does not help, at all that I went to a Sucker Punch Event today...ugh!).

Either way I tried to avoid all the videos, images and other information about the game since I want to experience everything myself in a relaxed environment after a long and tiresome day! Can't wait. :)

HOLY SHIT! I just got an SMS from my game shop telling me my preorder is in!!

DAAAAMMNNN SON! I thought I'd have to wait another three days.

FrankWza

HOLY SHIT! I just got an SMS from my game shop telling me my preorder is in!!

DAAAAMMNNN SON! I thought I'd have to wait another three days.

Ah...street date broken!?....might as well. wonder when/if bestbuy will follow? And still no idroid. I hope it's not like the GTAV app fiasco.

Betty

Banned
Why would there be a backlash? I think it's fairly known that the prologue is light on actual story. What is there is great, though. It's very upsetting that there's no release date yet.

Pretty sure the person isn't referring to how story light the game is, and instead is referring to
some of the more controversial aspects of the story, which I've seen a few mention as being fairly dark. Not that I know what they are specifically but some think it will cause heavy dividing opinions.

Pretty sure the person isn't referring to how story light the game is, and instead is referring to
some of the more controversial aspects of the story, which I've seen a few mention as being fairly dark. Not that I know what they are specifically but some think it will cause heavy dividing opinions.

True. The story is VERY heavy and dark.

co1onel

Anyone knows if there is any risk of getting banned for playing this on XBL or uploading videos on Upload?

You can play it, just don't upload videos of it.

As a reminder I would advise against anyone planning on streaming/posting videos until the first wide launch of the game on the 18th, we will be on the lookout for unsolicited streams of the game until the game releases.

By all means, if you receive a copy of the game, enjoy, but try not to spoil things for others prior to wide release. Then stream to your heart's content after Tuesday at midnight.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Finished my first run of the main mission. I freaking LOVED every second of it. Game says I'm about 10% complete, and I can't wait to dig into the Outer Ops and replay the Story Mission to see if I can do better.

For anyone on the fence due to price/TRT... Get. This. Game.

Branson

Finished my first run of the main mission. I freaking LOVED every second of it. Game says I'm about 10% complete, and I can't wait to dig into the Outer Ops and replay the Story Mission to see if I can do better.

For anyone on the fence due to price/TRT... Get. This. Game.

Does that say 117 hours

wanders

9GkLBEN.jpg

Sweet!

Anyone know if any Targets broke the street date?

Top Bottom