• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Merry Christmas guys!

Merry_Christmas.png

iZP074GJe5Bmf.gif

They'll announce when they'll announce the release date is my guess.

*Read in standard Kojima translator voice*

"I'm not able to announce the release date just yet, but I will be able to tell you when the release date will be announced."

"It will be released December 25, 2014 at 10:10 PM"

*Pretends to look at a clock*

"Oh, is it December 25 already? Well then, the release date for The Phantom Pain is February 24, goodnight everyone!"

*Read in standard Kojima translator voice*

"I'm not able to announce the release date just yet, but I will be able to tell you when the release date will be announced."

"It will be released December 25, 2014 at 10:10 PM"

*Pretends to look at a clock*

"Oh, is it December 25 already? Well then, the release date for The Phantom Pain is February 24, goodnight everyone!"

All thanks to the Realistic Passage of Time powered by the Fox Engine.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You know what we'll get? a freakin MGO beta announcement. Kojima was wearing that shirt on the MGO premiere and he recently tweeted the playstation menu screen with MGO on it.

Boom.

I don't want to be fiddled by this but...we're gonna get fiddled.

We'll be fiddling away about that awesome release date that will be sooner rather than later. BELIEVE.

So what time is the Kojima Station thing on?

My heavy breathing gifs are ready.

All thanks to the Realistic Passage of Time powered by the Fox Engine.

THANKS FOX ENGINE.

kevin1025

Banned
What if the Xmas gift mentioned is an update to Ground Zeroes where we have to do a new special op that has to be decoded to find out the release date...?

Batzi

Banned
What if the Xmas gift mentioned is an update to Ground Zeroes where we have to do a new special op that has to be decoded to find out the release date...?

Nah. Just going to be a release date and maybe a new teaser video. Also, special Snake Santa sneaking suit.

Starting tomorrow with Kojima Station:

1) MGSV cancelled
2) Silent Hills cancelled
3) Kojima Station becomes PlayStation Experience 2014 bonus segment
4) Kojima Productions and Kojima Productions L.A. announce collaboration on a port of the original Metal Gear Solid to PS4.
-This debunks the notion that studios don't forego new projects to re-release old games.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

5) Port arrives Q4 2015
- Twitch user completes game in live stream and reveals MGSV will be released February 24, 2016. It's a Wednesday, but fuck it.

You know what guys? Fuck it. In the spirit of the holidays, I have decided to join the release date hype train. Someone get me a damn fiddle!

Starting tomorrow with Kojima Station:

1) MGSV cancelled
2) Silent Hills cancelled
3) Kojima Station becomes PlayStation Experience 2014 bonus segment
4) Kojima Productions and Kojima Productions L.A. announce collaboration on a port of the original Metal Gear Solid to PS4.
-This debunks the notion that studios don't forego new projects to re-release old games.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

5) Port arrives Q4 2015
- Twitch user completes game in live stream and reveals MGSV will be released February 24, 2016. It's a Wednesday, but fuck it.
6. My life cancelled

If you mean the tweet, I'm not sure. The video I believe is from DSPGaming.

On topic, I have my fingers and toes crossed for a release date. GZ was too short. I need more, and soon.

i'm guessing you just played the PC version. you've only been waiting a few days, us console users have been waiting over a year!

CHC

Is it sad that I don't really give a shit about Christmas for any of the regular reasons, and am really just excited for this?

JayEH

I'm pretty sure that DSP tweet isn't real...but I could be wrong. I've tried looking for the original tweet but could never find it.

Top Bottom