• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miley Cyrus' album sales slide down the pole: Tween fans think she is too "grown up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett2

broadwayrock said:
Not a good example.

Me and Orson Welles has a worldwide gross of $1.7 million from a production budget of $25 million.

The Miley Cyrus film The Last Song has a worldwide gross of $86 million from a production budget of $20 million.

Wow, I didn't realize the Orson Welles movie bombed like that. Oh well, he's probably got a few more straight to DVD High School Musicals left before the crystal meth addiction begins.

Medalion

Banned
Disturbing lack of pics in this thread guise. Quick post pics of each disney star to prove which one is hotter :lol

AFreak

Banned
G-Fex said:
Why isn't Bill ray doing anything?

She's not 18 yet.

lawblob said:
Wow, I didn't realize the Orson Welles movie bombed like that. Oh well, he's probably got a few more straight to DVD High School Musicals left before the crystal meth addiction begins.

which is sad because i heard it was pretty good.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Medalion said:
Disturbing lack of pics in this thread guise. Quick post pics of each disney star to prove which one is hotter :lol
Sounds like someones been waiting for some Disney pics.

Here:

6sun7s.jpg

broadwayrock said:
Not a good example.

Me and Orson Welles has a worldwide gross of $1.7 million from a production budget of $25 million.

The Miley Cyrus film The Last Song has a worldwide gross of $86 million from a production budget of $20 million.

Fuck. Zak needs to go do the fucking Death Note movie already.

OmniGamer

BobTheFork said:
Wait, she only had her debut two years ago? I swear it feels like I've been putting up with her for so many years now.

Her debut as herself, i'm guessing...before that it was "Hanna Montana" albums.

MNC

Trent Strong said:
True. I won't deny it.
Cosgrove actually looks to have grown up more. That little Selena Gomez will never escape her jailbait look.

Edit: I stand very, oh so very corrected with above pic.

Tranced Shadow said:
Or Full Metal Panic :lol

YES :lol Aside from him being a little bitch sometimes, Zac's a pretty cool dude and is crazy talented.

I like that one Selena Gomez song that she has on the radio now. I'm a sucker for catchy dance-pop songs.

I think people might be a little too harsh on her, most girls her age want to grow up, being a role model is almost always a manufactured thing.

The lapdance thing is ridiculous, it was closing party for a big movie and the guy was openly gay.

I don't see anything on her behavior that's terribly abnormal, as long as she stays away from drugs she'll be all right, and if she has any real talent she'll get new fans.

Blackhead

Redarse
Sho_Nuff82 said:
I think people might be a little too harsh on her, most girls her age want to grow up, being a role model is almost always a manufactured thing.

The lapdance thing is ridiculous, it was closing party for a big movie and the guy was openly gay.

I don't see anything on her behavior that's terribly abnormal, as long as she stays away from drugs she'll be all right, and if she has any real talent she'll get new fans.

That's a big 'if'. That said, I've seen 13 year olds gyrating on the dance floor. There was slthat hoopla a little while ago about some 8 yr old girls dancing 'dirty' at their school's talent show. Miley giving 'lap dances' at 16 isn't particulary risqué. The teen market also listens to Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga etc. Miley could easily bounce back if she gets a breakout hit.

Fugu

This is what happens when an artist with no talent goes from appealing to children to appealing to people with (somewhat) discriminating taste.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Charred Greyface said:
The teen market also listens to Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga etc.
Anyone who grew up in the late 80s/early 90s during their teens has listened to much stronger sexually-laced material, and from better talented artists to what's there today on top of that. It's nothing new.

I usually don't blame the country's problems on entertainment, e.g. violence and video games, but it's pretty obvious that the shitty outfits pop stars wear today are making girls sluttier. Who the hell started that shit?

Ezduo

Banned
Hopefully she'll fade into obscurity gracefully instead of doing the Britney route and trying anything and everything to stay relevant whether it's going absolutely batshit insane or child abuse. Considering how much of a whore she appears to be coming though, it doesn't look that way. Too bad.

dudeworld

It's amazing how popular music these days is so focused on teenaged girls. Just look at MTV, it's no longer about music videos, it's all about high school drama shows involved girls being bitches to each other and "dealing with the extremely emotional high school life".

BORING

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I really thought Miley was going to make successful transition from tween-star to pop-star, but I don't see that happening now.

Medalion

Banned
dudeworld said:
It's amazing how popular music these days is so focused on teenaged girls. Just look at MTV, it's no longer about music videos, it's all about high school drama shows involved girls being bitches to each other and "dealing with the extremely emotional high school life".

BORING
They are a huge consumer market dude, and it's not a new trend to target younger female audiences.

Vox-Pop said:
I really thought Miley was going to make successful transition from tween-star to pop-star, but I don't see that happening now.

Yeah same. She's in that shitty spot where she's too old for her old fans but too young to appeal to an older bunch of girls.

She's got enough to live luxuriously for life anyways. Maybe she can just chill for a few years and come back fresh.

dudeworld said:

BORING

They make these companies a lot more money.

dudeworld

Medalion said:
They are a huge consumer market dude, and it's not a new trend to target younger female audiences.

I know that, but I feel that what the teenaged girls want now is the worse it's ever been and having to see all that crap all over the place gets really annoying.

It went from backstreet boys
backstreet-boys.jpg

To shit like "attack attack"
3392656488_7b03816d1e.jpg

I don't like either, but at least the backstreet boys look like a group of actual men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom