• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miley Cyrus' album sales slide down the pole: Tween fans think she is too "grown up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeworld

BananaBomb said:
holy shit what are those things :lol :lol

That style plagues high schools these days. I know because I just graduated from one last year. It sucks going to school with a bunch of guys that look like girls.

Luckily those kids never grow up and don't go to university. So far I haven't seen any at my university. I only see them serving me food at fast food joints, lol

children 8 to 12 years old

It is a key demo but difficult to tap. Highly fickle yet also low discerning.

DY_nasty said:
Victoria Justice >

Gomez? Them's fightin' words.
ferg49mfueel.gif

dudeworld said:
That style plagues high schools these days. I know because I just graduated from one last year. It sucks going to school with a bunch of guys that look like girls.

Luckily those kids never grow up and don't go to university. So far I haven't seen any at my university. I only see them serving me food at fast food joints, lol

This trend never took off in my school because they were prime targets for the hood kids. They kept getting jumped so they decided to get haircuts and stop wearing tight pants.

Then skinny pants caught on amongst gangstas the year after :|

These emos usually become hipsters when they make the HS -> college transition.

dudeworld

effingvic said:
This trend never took off in my school because they were prime targets for the hood kids. They kept getting jumped so they decided to get haircuts and stop wearing tight pants.

Then skinny pants caught on amongst gangstas the year after :|

These emos usually become hipsters when they make the HS -> college transition.

We didn't have any of those wannabe gangstas at my school. Kinda good and bad. There were never any fights, but then we had to deal with all the scene/emo kids. But the gangstas wear skinnies now? LOL

Oh right, I forgot about the hipsters. I'm not in the arts program, I'm in the business program, so I don't see many of them. I hate hipsters too, but I hate scene/emo even more.

dabig2

dudeworld said:
It's amazing how popular music these days is so focused on teenaged girls. Just look at MTV, it's no longer about music videos, it's all about high school drama shows involved girls being bitches to each other and "dealing with the extremely emotional high school life".

BORING

Tween girl audience has been ruining the entertainment industry for nigh on 12 years now. It's nothing new.

dudeworld

dabig2 said:
Tween girl audience has been ruining the entertainment industry for nigh on 12 years now. It's nothing new.

I wasn't around in the 80s, what was the target market back then? Same age group?

G-Fex

I don't think I'll ever understand guys obsessions with underaged/young girls.

beside teenage girls are annoying twats

Future

Kid stars appeal to kids cuz they are kids. Once she starts jammin on stripper poles, shes now competing with the thousands of other women already doing that for an older audience, and doing it better. Dont understand the rush to appear older so fast.

The Glee cast is a good example of old ass goons still portraying younger kids, and reeling in the cash because of it. Miley could have kept up the kid act for many more years

dudeworld said:
I know that, but I feel that what the teenaged girls want now is the worse it's ever been and having to see all that crap all over the place gets really annoying.

It went from backstreet boys
backstreet-boys.jpg

To shit like "attack attack"
3392656488_7b03816d1e.jpg

I don't like either, but at least the backstreet boys look like a group of actual men.

I will take BSB over those creatures any day.

Maron

eternaLightness said:
No Jennette Mccurdy fans? :(

For some people she's even better than Cosgrove. I'd say she's really hot too. Course, I'm in her age bracket, so...

And the Sprouse twins are still at Disney...They've never tried to do stupid shit like Miley in public as far as I know.

dudeworld said:

Why does it suck going to a school like that? Why does it bother you so much what other people do? Do you just like to hate on them to feel better about yourself?

RiskyChris said:
Why does it suck going to a school like that? Why does it bother you so much what other people do? Do you just like to hate on them to feel better about yourself?
The fact that this is the way they are "expressing themselves" is quite amusing, it's something you see and can't believe. It's like seeing 10year old kids out in the streets with big colored shades and bright colored shirts dancing around and recording themselves. You can't help but laugh.

jrricky

Banned
Tsk, tsk, tsk...Miley, Miley, Miley... ruining your career at Disney and in the music biz so early when you could've dragged this out for plenty more years. I just don't understand what's so good to be 'grown up' that you are chasing after so much...
dudeworld said:
To shit like "attack attack"
3392656488_7b03816d1e.jpg
Is it just me, or does it look like they need a haircut?

MindCollizion said:
The fact that this is the way they are "expressing themselves" is quite amusing, it's something you see and can't believe. It's like seeing 10year old kids out in the streets with big colored shades and bright colored shirts dancing around and recording themselves. You can't help but laugh.

emot-airquote.gif
expressing themselves
emot-airquote.gif

I guess I don't really get hung up on that.

Ettie

dudeworld said:
I know that, but I feel that what the teenaged girls want now is the worse it's ever been and having to see all that crap all over the place gets really annoying.

It went from backstreet boys
backstreet-boys.jpg

I don't like either, but at least the backstreet boys look like a group of actual men.

I do believe that BSB on the far left is throwing down the Shocker. How's that for Tween?

G-Fex

Calcaneus said:
People don't actually like Attack Attack, do they?

All hope is lost of the creators of Stick Stickly actually have fans.

I've seen high school kids look like that so I guess so.

I just never thought i'd see the day when BSB was missed.

So . . . will she:
1) Fade in obscurity like Tiffany and Debbie Gibson? (Ignoring the Syfy movie.)
2) Somehow manage a transition from Bubble rock to more mainstream like Alanis Morrisette and Britney Spears did?
3) Will she flame out like Lindsay Lohan?

cnizzle06

Banned
speculawyer said:
So . . . will she:
1) Fade in obscurity like Tiffany and Debbie Gibson? (Ignoring the Syfy movie.)
2) Somehow manage a transition from Bubble rock to more mainstream like Alanis Morrisette and Britney Spears did?
3) Will she flame out like Lindsay Lohan?

4) Sex tape

dudeworld

G-Fex said:
I've seen high school kids look like that so I guess so.

I just never thought i'd see the day when BSB was missed.

I know, same. lol.

But when you've got too many bands like this ("stereos"... pretty popular right now in Canada, the tweens love them) :
stereos.jpg

I would welcome a backstreet boys come back. At least the backstreet boys didn't use autotune.

GhaleonEB

dudeworld said:
I know, same. lol.

But when you've got too many bands like this ("stereos"... pretty popular right now in Canada, the tweens love them) :
stereos.jpg

I would welcome a backstreet boys come back. At least the backstreet boys didn't use autotune.
One of them forgot to tattoo his arms.

G-Fex

dudeworld said:
I know, same. lol.

stereos.jpg

I'm glad I'm oblivious to what's hip.

It's a blessing to be out of high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom