• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulous disinvited from CPAC after comments condoning pedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
So Milo's done now isn't he.

No more major book deals, no more "debates" on television, no more hearing a glorified troll be written about seriously in the news. I'm sure he could land another College talk or 2 but it really feels like everyone woke up and realized they were willingly feeding a troll.

It's finally over. The Milo chapter has closed. There's no coming back from this.
Right?

Financially he'll be alright. He'll be less well off but people will still pay for him to speak and he'll find a paycheck somewhere. There's always money is the hate-stand.

But he ain't going to be put up in the spotlight anymore, he lost that chance. You probably won't be seeing him on Fox News anytime soon.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Watch Stranger Things.

It's good.

I have (well, at least the first 4 episodes), which is why I was surprised. Cause she um...doesn't look like that gif.

Good job, Curt. Go back to say that Jews ruined your video game.

Reminder: Curt defended Trump commenting on dating a 10 year old in a few years by saying he would say the same thing to his daughter's friends.

No more major book deals, no more "debates" on television, no more hearing a glorified troll be written about seriously in the news. I'm sure he could land another College talk or 2 but it really feels like everyone woke up and realized they were willingly feeding a troll.

It's finally over. The Milo chapter has closed. There's no coming back from this.
Right?

yes and no. His voice will be deafened a bit TV wise. But there are probably horrible people that are willing to pay him to speak.

soultron

Banned
Financially he'll be alright. He'll be less well off but people will still pay for him to speak and he'll find a paycheck somewhere. There's always money is the hate-stand.

But he ain't going to be put up in the spotlight anymore, he lost that chance. You probably won't be seeing him on Fox News anytime soon.
Give him a few years. If Mel Gibson can come back from his stunt, I'm sure Milo will drag himself from the muck and back into the spotlight.

riotous

Banned
Give him a few years. If Mel Gibson can come back from his stunt, I'm sure Milo will drag himself from the muck and back into the spotlight.

Mel has talent and hundreds of millions of dollars, and he maintained loads of friends.

I'm not even sure Milo stayed in the spotlight long enough to ever matter anymore; he's not necessarily "done" but he's gonna be on the very fringe now IMO.

marrec

Banned

By that time he'll be yesterday's news tho don't you think? Also this is now the thing most people know him for. He didn't get a chance to do anything but be that guy who defended pedophillia right before speaking at CPAC.

Mel has talent and hundreds of millions of dollars, and he maintained loads of friends.

Also, Mel worked to atone for what he'd done.

Milo's whole schtick is that he doesn't have to atone for anything. It would be a big career change for him.

I have (well, at least the first 4 episodes), which is why I was surprised. Cause she um...doesn't look like that gif.

It very much looks like she's tripping on LSD. Some people gain a certain... quirk to how their facial expressions change when they're tripping.

rjinaz

Reminder: Curt defended Trump commenting on dating a 10 year old in a few years by saying he would say the same thing to his daughter's friends.

Huh. Well keep in mind, at the time, she was obviously on something.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It very much looks like she's tripping on LSD. Some people gain a certain... quirk to how their facial expressions change when they're tripping.

Huh. Well keep in mind, at the time, she was obviously on something.

I guess I should have clarified that I was referring to the fact that she seemed extremely...well endowed in that gif, and not referring to her expression (though that was funny).

How pathetic is it that pedophilia is the line that they draw, are standards that fucking low?

Look, I've been proud of my service as an Imperial officer, and I think we've done great work subjugating most of the galaxy to our oppressive rule, but...don't you think building a space station that can blow up an entire planet is going a bit too far??

Seik

Banned
Yeah, and Betsy DeVos' being protested by liberals is just like when racists threw bricks at that black girl that was related to MLK or something.

I'm still baffled that someone thought this was a good comparison to make a drawing for...

I'm still baffled that someone thought this was a good comparison to make a drawing for...

I forget if that was Mike Lester or one of the McCoy brothers, but I'm a regular at the SA political cartoons thread (because I hate myself) and that wasn't even the worst they have done. Just Google "Obama making sure there are no survivors" and look under images.

Yeah. Another McCoy classic.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I did not think this would stick to him. What a pleasant surprise :)

"The book they didn't want you to read"

Come on guys, you know this dude isn't going away anytime soon. As long there is evil in the world, people like him will still have a voice. Just the way the world works.

(Just don't get your hopes up just yet until he is gone gone)

Hex

Banned
That's ignorant.

hOUng2l.gif

DrBo42

Nothing about this makes me feel good. It's incredibly sad and fucked up that he was abused by a priest and further has twisted it in his mind that he wanted it or the act was consensual so it's okay. The guy may be a piece of shit and he is, but gloating about this doesn't feel right.

Nothing about this makes me feel good. It's incredibly sad and fucked up that he was abused by a priest and further has twisted it in his mind that he wanted it or the act was consensual so it's okay. The guy may be a piece of shit and he is, but gloating about this doesn't feel right.

It feels good, it feels right.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

The fact that he was abused is not what people are gloating about, though...

No one is saying "pedophilia is unacceptable, and fuck anyone who defends it" in one breath and saying, "yeah, fuck Milo, that priest gave him what he deserved!" in the other.

DrBo42

The fact that he was abused is not what people are gloating about, though...

No one is saying "pedophilia is unacceptable, and fuck anyone who defends it" in one breath and saying, "yeah, fuck Milo, that priest gave him what he deserved!" in the other.
I'm not accusing anyone of saying any of that. Is that how my post came off?

I'm just saying it's not something that feels like a win to finally get rid of Milo. The whole thing is just sad and fucked up. I just feel bad for him while still really disliking him for what he does and says to people.

Much like Trump, when given the opportunity to take the moral high road or sympathize with victims, he chose to further antagonize and double down on his troll persona.

Whether or not Milo truly felt victimized, his "get over it, shit happens" persona is who he is now. His fault that he finally crossed a meaningful line and his so-called friends weren't willing to gleefully chortle along with him. Being a victim doesn't make him any less of an asshole for making everyone else's lives miserable.

BamfMeat

Let me say this straight up - I do not condone this situation happening to anyone else and I think anyone involved over legal age should go to prison for this.

That being said - I have a question. What would you say to someone who admitted to, at 13, seeking out many older men to have sex with, on a frequent basis, continuing up through their "coming of age" years? Not the older men grooming them, but the kid (let's be real, at 13 the kid is still a kid) actively seeking out and trying to have sex with these older guys, sometimes much older than them?

I'm not asking if the older guys were in the wrong, they should clearly be locked up. I'm asking, how would you handle the situation if you knew the kid?

DrBo42

Much like Trump, when given the opportunity to take the moral high road or sympathize with victims, he chose to further antagonize and double down on his troll persona.

Whether or not Milo truly felt victimized, his "get over it, shit happens" persona is who he is now. His fault that he finally crossed a meaningful line and his so-called friends weren't willing to gleefully chortle along with him. Being a victim doesn't make him any less of an asshole for making everyone else's lives miserable.

This is very true but I'll take no pleasure from it. I think that's beneath us.

rjinaz

Let me say this straight up - I do not condone this situation happening to anyone else and I think anyone involved over legal age should go to prison for this.

That being said - I have a question. What would you say to someone who admitted to, at 13, seeking out many older men to have sex with, on a frequent basis, continuing up through their "coming of age" years? Not the older men grooming them, but the kid (let's be real, at 13 the kid is still a kid) actively seeking out and trying to have sex with these older guys, sometimes much older than them?

I'm not asking if the older guys were in the wrong, they should clearly be locked up. I'm asking, how would you handle the situation if you knew the kid?

I don't get what you are asking. If he is an adult now, then, well, that's sad he did that is about all that can be said about that. If he is a kid and is admitting to doing this, you get him to stop obviously. Not just because of the sex but because he is putting his life in danger meeting with random perverts.

This is very true but I'll take no pleasure from it. I think that's beneath us.

To be clear, I don't think anyone is cheering for the fact that he was molested, but that his cheerleaders finally told him to shut up, and that his most ardent supporters were shown to be hypocrites with regards to "free speech".

It's a rather fascinating thing, that they insisted until blue in the face that it's perfectly reasonable to argue the merits of social equality and rights for women, minorities, Muslims, lgbt, and immigrants, but age of consent is completely fucking taboo.

The argument (as seen above) on whether it's a debate worth having is in and of itself a deflection. Whether or not that's what he really meant, or if his follow up FB post was sincere, is also a deflection. Millions of people have cheered for a Nazi bully for years, and only now, now, back away once he's finally offended the "wrong" people. It's a joke. And you're damn right I'm gonna laugh.

Gattsu25

Banned
Well the obvious thing to say is that he's been hoist upon his own petard by saying something on camera, so I'd suggest they were right all along.

Something he said while in the safe space of his social bubble. All he did on Maher's show was show Maher for the "I care about being able to say slurs more than I do about civil rights" guy that minorities always knew him as.

Simple fact is, Milo outed himself as someone who condones pedophilia when he had a smaller platform. A larger platform did nothing but expose his corrosive message (including saying that trans people are more likely to be involved in assaults while not mentioning the fact that this is because they are the fucking victims so this cumstain is vilifying them over their own persecution). And Maher just nodded and grinned like an idiot.

I'm not surprised by the Pedophilia Defense Force that popped up when it did, because I've been reading this forum long enough to have seen them in action before. The only thing that surprised me was that their numbers have grown so quickly since the last culling.

Jombie

I doubt it - not completely at least. He'll find a way to make a buck off his stupid book, maybe selling it to assholes wearing cartoon frogs on their shirts, in the ballroom of a Holiday Inn.

Something he said while in the safe space of his social bubble. All he did on Maher's show was show Maher for the "I care about being able to say slurs more than I do about civil rights" guy that minorities always knew him as.

Simple fact is, Milo outed himself as someone who condones pedophilia when he had a smaller platform. A larger platform did nothing but expose his corrosive message (including saying that trans people are more likely to be involved in assaults while not mentioning the fact that this is because they are the fucking victims so this cumstain is vilifying them over their own persecution). And Maher just nodded and grinned like an idiot.

Precisely. People claiming that giving him a platform was the right idea ignore that nothing he said when he was given a platform is being used against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom