• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulous disinvited from CPAC after comments condoning pedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not accusing anyone of saying any of that. Is that how my post came off?

I'm just saying it's not something that feels like a win to finally get rid of Milo. The whole thing is just sad and fucked up. I just feel bad for him while still really disliking him for what he does and says to people.

It's OK to feel bad for any child abuse he may have faced and simultaneously despise the man for the insane amount of harm and abuse he has inflicted on others. He deserves no sympathy for what he has done.

Maher did nothing... he even called some of Milo's anti-trans bigotry reasonable.

Maher deserves no credit and no absolution

It's random luck that Milo in his years of bigotry also argued in favour of sex with minors.... the next big bigot may not.
My point wasn't crediting Maher for this coming out, it was more that increased media attention on Milo allowed for this to be spread more easily.

Though I also don't know the specifics in terms of when his CPAC appearance was initially being organised and where it falls in terms of the Berkeley riots/Maher appearance, so bringing up Maher may've been irrelevant to this. My basic point is I prefer most see him for what he is in the limelight instead of continuing to run amok on the fringes while ignored like he usually did a few years ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My point wasn't crediting Maher for this coming out, it was more that increased media attention on Milo allowed for this to be spread more easily.

Though I also don't know the specifics in terms of when his CPAC appearance was initially being organised and where it falls in terms of the Berkeley riots/Maher appearance, so bringing up Maher may've been irrelevant to this. My basic point is I prefer most see him for what he is in the limelight instead of continuing to run amok on the fringes while ignored like he usually did a few years ago.

Maher isn't relevant to this, unless you believe the conservative group that released the tape cares more about him than they do CPAC.

Maher did a stupid thing and got lucky that Milo had this in his background. He deserves no absolution, he deserves no credit. He almost elevated this guy into the mainstream as a result of his actions. He deserves to get shit on for that.

RMI

Banned
How is this being blamed on liberals when a conservative source leaked the video, conservative pressure got to CPAC, and CPAC themselves made the choice to tell him to get lost?

Liberals have been saying he's a terrible person for years.

shhhh shhhhhh.... no more facts... only dreams now.

that comments sections is a fucking atrocity.

DrBo42

How is this being blamed on liberals when a conservative source leaked the video, conservative pressure got to CPAC, and CPAC themselves made the choice to tell him to get lost?

We're the snowflake boogeymen of the conservative world apparently.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

These are Milo's true believers. Facts don't matter.

Violet_0

Banned
aside from him being a terrible person, which I already knew, this was the first time I saw Milo and I'm surprised that he's a leading figure of the alt right since he seems like the type they would hate. Absolutely awful debater as well

Buckle

aside from him being a terrible person, which I already knew, this was the first time I saw Milo and I'm surprised that he's a leading figure of the alt right since he seems like the type they would hate. Absolutely awful debater as well
I'm sure alot of people that pay him do hate him and think he's weird but as a self hating gay man who is generally an all around prejudiced jerk, he's too much of a goldmine for them not to use.

"Look! Look! See! We have a gay man and he agrees with us that he's a monster! We're diverse!"

Ben Carson isn't a famous figure in conservative circles for his witty banter, and he's not the head of urban housing development because of his storied career in neurosurgery.

Good.

The thing that scared me about the other topic was the question about whether or not Milo should be given a voice, but I think we're all in agreement that he's a horrible cuntfuck that deserves the worst in life. Karma is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH.

"You're either with us, or you're a Regressive Left Cuck"

Violet_0

Banned
I'm sure alot of people that pay him do hate him and think he's weird but as a self hating gay man who is a generally all around prejudiced jerk, he's too much of a goldmine for them not to use.

"Look! Look! See! We have a gay man and he agrees with us that he's a monster! We're diverse!"

admittedly I didn't even know that he was gay, I haven't really followed the controversy around him
I expected some slimy demagogue that knows how to play with the primitive fears of the masses. This guy doesn't have any charisma, he doesn't project the picture I'd expect from a popular extreme right personality. That doesn't really change anything about him having shitty hateful opinions, I guess I was just surprised about how utterly unremarkable he is. He looked like a kid at the adult's table

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Timothy Simons‏ @timothycsimons

wow if the right is upset about Milo wait till they hear twenty children were shot and killed in an elementary school and they did nothing

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Precisely. People claiming that giving him a platform was the right idea ignore that nothing he said when he was given a platform is being used against him.

If I learned anything, it's to do extreme oppo research, hold on to anything you find that conservatives would also disagree with, hold onto it until the first sign of him officially entering the GOP establishment, and leak your oppo to a conservative blog/news site to avoid fake news accusations.

Debate still accomplishes absolutely nothing. Maybe interview to try to get more positions out of him to see if there's something objectionable that way.

rokkerkory

Nothing about this makes me feel good. It's incredibly sad and fucked up that he was abused by a priest and further has twisted it in his mind that he wanted it or the act was consensual so it's okay. The guy may be a piece of shit and he is, but gloating about this doesn't feel right.

Who cares about him

Heard him say this in the Joe Rogan interview many months ago. Seemed to recall Joe saying it was pedophilia and molestation but Milo was saying he was the chaser and it was good for him etc about this father Michael character.

They don't believe in facts. Just deflection and confirmation bias. Cowards basically. Scared to debatediscuss in good faith and intellectually dishonest.

Gattsu25

Banned
Finally finished reading the thread. Things got dicey for a few pages there.

As we already knew, there is a defense force for everything.

By the time I got to the "moral nihilist"...

source.gif

Is this really the issue to stake your claim in?

silvon

Racism, homophobia, misogyny, Russian puppets, nazi symphatizers, Islamophobia, and fake news are all a-okay.
Paedophilia is crossing the line. Got it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Racism, homophobia, misogyny, Russian puppets, nazi symphatizers, Islamophobia, and fake news are all a-okay.
Paedophilia is crossing the line. Got it.
I'm just happy there is A line at all, because I was starting to doubt...

Herne

At least he's got an invitation from NAMBLA coming up.

I remember when they showed up on South Park. I genuinely thought it was something the writers had come up with for the episode, because surely something so hilariously awful couldn't be real, could it?

Imagine my horror when I found out it was.

Torokil

Milo thought that Trump's magical reality bending powers extended to him.

Not the first to make that mistake, and not the last

Merc_

Jesus at all the deflecting to Lena Dunham stuff in there. What a bizarre thing to hold onto. Buncha lunatics.

It's even more bizarre since it isn't the left that's doing all of this to him. We're just pointing and laughing at the whole thing. It's their fellow conservatives that are destroying him and they don't give a shit about Lena Dunham in this.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Hmmmm...YEP, this still gives me an equally great sense of joy a day later. This will never not make me happy. Fuck off Milo. :)

messiaen

Goddamn white supremacy can near constantly be defined with:
Projecting.jpg

This picture made me laugh more than it should have.

Also, holy shit. I didn't know we had a dedicated pedophilia defense force here on GAF. Like, it's baffling that anyone would take time out of their day to defend this shit, surely there are better causes worth caring about. Like literally anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom