• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 5 |OT| Wednesdays 9|8c on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

lol, they managed to make an episode about Cam and Mitchell proposal without them kissing each other.

Classic Modern Family.

mantidor

lol, they managed to make an episode about Cam and Mitchell proposal without them kissing each other.

Classic Modern Family.

Yeah... it's also weird how Gloria and Jay never kiss, they even got their sort of "proposal" and only hugged? I wonder if it's done one purpose, like the excuse Mitch and Cam don't kiss is that "look Jay and Gloria!they don'r kiss either!".

Tuck

First episode was incredible. So many funny moments. Second episode was less good (A few awkward moments), but it was still good.

"No one leaves home and never comes back."

"I did."

Lily is the secret best character on this show.

Best line of the episode. I was dying of laughter. Absolutely perfect.

JDSN

Banned
Episode was great, its good to see the show back. Five seasons in and still jokes about loud, armed, annoying, bucolic colombians? Ok, I cant understand it being a character trait of Gloria, but the show makes a point that the rest of us are like that too.

Christopher

Episode was great, its good to see the show back. Five seasons in and still jokes about loud, armed, annoying, bucolic colombians? Ok, I cant understand it being a character trait of Gloria, but the show makes a point that the rest of us are like that too.

Laugh at it their doing it as satire not as jab against Columbians

krae_man

Hey look Lilly had an actual conversation today.

And how many layers of clothes are they making Alex wear to nerd her up?

mantidor

At least they do some things right, like fireworks at christmas and grapes at new year.

Not my favorite episode, but evil Joe was kind of amusing.

ivysaur12

Banned
I don't know if it's exploitative (though Modern Family has always treaded that line with Gloria), but possessed Joe was really fucking funny. The rest was fine, I suppose, but that was the winning storyline of the episode by far.

mantidor

The most amusing part was Phil being actually the most sensitive of them all with the nest guilt. It was hilarious how everyone accidentally reminded him of it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cam's sister was a little too cartoon-y, but other than that I thought it was a good episode.

"And you know what? That shirt washes you out so don't be shocked when someone mistakes you for a beige candle."

Christopher

The hawiann wedding had me tearing... Wow this show is awesome

The only thing I didn't like season 5 everyone's became paradys of themselves but the last episode was awesome

CassSept

Cam's sister was a little too cartoon-y, but other than that I thought it was a good episode.

I feel like every character this season got hit with flanderization stick hard. It was somewhat apparent in season 3, but they managed to lessen it last year, yet now it's back in full force.

The episode was ok, my fav part was Phil.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I feel like every character this season got hit with flanderization stick hard. It was somewhat apparent in season 3, but they managed to lessen it last year, yet now it's back in full force.

Yeah. Cam, Gloria, Hayley, and Phil are all pretty flanderized. I do like what they're doing with Luke this season, though. It actually feels like he's moving beyond the "stupid little brother/Phil Jr." box that he's been stuck in since the beginning of the series.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
I was expecting it to be revealed that Phil was wearing Mitchell's Spiderman costume underneath his suit. Kind of disappointed he wasn't.

Smidget

Miserable episode. Just everything not to like in one episode. Phil wasn't even funny, that's how bad of an episode it was.

krae_man

It wasn't the best episode but I liked some of Jay's zingers and Lilly knowing how to deal with two gay dads was hilarious.

Hazmat

I can't say definitively because I've only seen most episodes once, but this might have been the worst episode they've made.

I'd still rather run a railroad spike through my dick than watch Super Fun Night though.

Piggus

Ty Burrell just plays himself on this show... He's so similar to Phil in real life.

Ty is a family friend of ours and my old babysitter. He worked for my mom at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival while he was at Southern Oregon University

mantidor

Ty Burrell just plays himself on this show... He's so similar to Phil in real life.

Ty is a family friend of ours and my old babysitter. He worked for my mom at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival while he was at Southern Oregon University

Really?

He is completely unrecognizable in that zombie movie.

Taruranto

This episode made me wish Cam was shot down more than usual. But everyone but the kids was fucking annoying and simply not fun.

ivysaur12

Banned
Not the best. Young Lily is growing on me ("just pretend you're coloring" lol). The tag was great. But really, Mitch and Cam are becoming insufferable.

But, yeesh, was anyone surprised how that was going to turn out? No? Okay.

Weenerz

Banned
Lily was killing it this episode. When Alex said she doesn't know about boys clothes, the look down and the "Really?" was so good.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Glad they're giving Lily more than just one liners, she was hilarious today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom