• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 5 |OT| Wednesdays 9|8c on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

That was an excellent episode, I can't believe how many times I laugh out loud.

"I thought it was a charity event for the needy, turns out it was a charity event for the needy!" lmao

krae_man

New episodes are back.

Messing with teenage girls lives to get the wedding booking they want is a bit much. Lily is still a talking doll with a pull string.

I got a kick out of the money hiding though.

Linius

Yeah, that scene with Claire going trough the whole house for the money was great. A nice episode.

tR4.gif

This needs a gif of course.

someday

Banned
I honestly think Lily is one of the best characters on this show. Her one-liners pretty much always get me laughing. It's amazing that this show manages to have 5 child roles (granted, Haley isn't really a child anymore) that are all unique.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The Luke bit at the end, I did not see that coming at all

krae_man

There were some great lines in this episode.

"She's like a self cleaning oven"

"Lilly, can you help?"
"I herd that recycled kid line"

"My type is realistic"

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Right now you're a teacher, you're teaching me to be a little bitch

The Alex part was great, the Luke and Manny part was pretty good. I had to fast forward through about five minutes worth of the rest, because it was just too awkward. The part with the teacher and with ruining Eisenberg's lawn, especially.

Kinda disappointing episode, all in all.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I really liked that episode a lot. I felt like every character had an interesting and/or funny storyline. Alex's was especially touching.

spwolf

The Alex part was great, the Luke and Manny part was pretty good. I had to fast forward through about five minutes worth of the rest, because it was just too awkward. The part with the teacher and with ruining Eisenberg's lawn, especially.

Kinda disappointing episode, all in all.

Eisenberg made it funny... they really need to change things up a bit.

Dany

Banned
I think I only saw the first two episodes of this season. I want to get back to watching it, i need some light fluff

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Dunphy and Tucker-Pritchett dinners were just great. Haley reminds me of myself sometimes, lol. I was also touched by the end of Jay's storyline. *bro hugz*

I just finishing my first viewing of seasons 1-4. Been watching them for the past 2 weeks. Great show and I hope to catch up with season 5 and start watching it week-by-week. Ugh, that's going to be awful since I'm used to binge watching this show now.

Slermy

I still feel this show was funnier in its first and second seasons. I feel I laugh more during the reruns than the new eps. Different writers maybe?

I'd agree. I think the characters are fairly predictable now, which hurts the show. They've tried shaking up the dynamic a bit with Claire's new job and the wedding, but they aren't really letting that affect anything.

I did find the Dinners episode to be pretty good though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
wow Alex could give Gloria a run for her money now. jesus.
Yeah its weird, even her thick clothes aren't helping anymore at this point. Was a nice episode though, liked the photos at the end.... Luke back looks like he is lifting weights lol.

Linius

Alex really changed a lot between this and last season :p

Fine episode btw this week. Phil looked ridiculous with that umbrella hat :lol

Wow that episode was great, one of the best this season.

So many great lines and some outrageously funny visuals too...the Umbrella Hat, The Drone tailing the car...terrific stuff.

3N16MA

Banned
Got caught up with this season and I have to say the episode quality has been picking up since the Christmas episode. Great 4-5 episode run after a one of the weaker starts to a season in my opinion.

Raiden

Banned
Recently started watching this again. Never understood all the hate Manny got that kid is funny and can act fluently.

Luke is the one i got a problem with, dont know why but i cant stand that kid and his acting has gotten worse.

Recently started watching this again. Never understood all the hate Manny got that kid is funny and can act fluently.

Luke is the one i got a problem with, dont know why but i cant stand that kid and his acting has gotten worse.
I say it's partially that and the fact that the writers haven't adjusted for the fact that he's gotten older. He shouldn't be this dumb and its not funny anymore.

Red Comet

Manny was okay until is voice changed in recent seasons now that he's older. His shtick isn't funny anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom