• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 5 |OT| Wednesdays 9|8c on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Goddamn at Mitchel and Jay. Some heavy stuff

Stella was the star of the show of course

aparisi2274

I thought the end was funny, when Gloria was rubbing Stella's stomach and then Manny is hiding in a corner eating a pickle.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I liked this episode a lot, but I feel like the writers of the show have long run out of ideas on how to write Cam and Mitch. All they do is just bicker and hide lies from each other, until it blows up towards the end of the episode. It's rather predictable and annoying.

Having said that, I did like the fight Mitch had with Jay at the end. Heavy stuff, indeed. Whole episode was great overall. And Stella is such a cutie, I've found a new love for French Bulldogs ever since she appeared on the show. Hahaha

krae_man

It was weird for Jay to go back to being uncomfortable about the gay wedding after the previous episodes "I don't understand it, but don't you dare feel ashamed for who you are" or whatever moment.

Santiako

Phil's friend Lin dying in the helicopter that he made is my favourite running gag at this point, I laugh every time.

As someone who feels Modern Family hasn't been as funny and is too formulaic, I loved this episode. The characters were witty ("All the cool kids with their leather jackets and their pickles") and they are developing the characters. Sitcoms can't only be jokes, that's when it begins to feel disposable and stale. Having a conflict is nice once in a while. This Mitch/Jay argument was a nice path to go down. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

Did not like the comic book falling in the puddle. Predictable and wasn't needed.

krae_man

As someone who feels Modern Family hasn't been as funny and is too formulaic, I loved this episode. The characters were witty ("All the cool kids with their leather jackets and their pickles") and they are developing the characters. Sitcoms can't only be jokes, that's when it begins to feel disposable and stale. Having a conflict is nice once in a while. This Mitch/Jay argument was a nice path to go down. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

Did not like the comic book falling in the puddle. Predictable and wasn't needed.

I was expecting it to be fake or a reproduction or something.

Linius

This episode was a good one. Much better than the one before at least. That ending was amazing when the camera cuts to Many.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Whoa, that Jay+Mitchell scene was not what I was expecting. I'm impressed Modern Family had the gall to go that direction with Jay after all this time. He's made piece with the fact that his son is gay, but he's still uncomfortable that he's going to be married. It feels like a very realistic reaction someone like him might have irl. Interested to see where this goes. I can't imagine Jay won't attend their wedding, though it would be fascinating if he didn't.

There are white colombians you know. I have cousins whiter than some irish people.

pix or it didn't happen >:p

ThornDust

Neo Member
It was weird for Jay to go back to being uncomfortable about the gay wedding after the previous episodes "I don't understand it, but don't you dare feel ashamed for who you are" or whatever moment.

Good point, but I think when Jay said that, he meant only Mitchel being gay but not the whole wedding thing. idk but when i thought of that, it made sense that jay's uncomfortable with the upcoming wedding

G0523

It was a nice change of pace that there was no resolution with Jay and Mitchell but I hate that I already know that Jay will show up at Mitch and Cam's wedding anyway. He'll be kinda awkward but it won't matter and everyone will love each other again. Same in, same out.

Socreges

Banned
Pretty surprised at the reactions here. I thought the episode was boring, unfunny, predictable, etc. Maybe a couple funny moments and the story felt rushed/forced.

mantidor

Nice episode, the comic/buckle thing was so predictable but I did not expect it would go to the whole Jay and Mitch argument, it feels very real to be honest.

Oh and blood sausages are delicious, Jay is missing out.

pix or it didn't happen >:p

I'm not going to share pics of my family :p

Taruranto

Man, Mitchel is a such a bitch. I thought it was weird how he was all nice to Cam for once and wanted to protect his secret and then "I have it, I will use it when I need it". Jeez.

Why are they getting married again? They are so vile and poisonous toward each other.

G0523

Is anyone else's ABC affiliate channel running behind? It's 9:10pm ET here in Cleveland and Suburgatory is still on. I wonder if it has to do with the thunderstorm that's going on right now.

EDIT: Okay. I guess all of the ABC shows in Cleveland are running 15 minutes behind. Damn thunderstorm.

mantidor

The only good part in this episode really. It was dull, specially for being the "Wedding Event" of the year, part 2 better deliver.

Phil and Alex were funny too, but that was it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Kind of a non event thing really
They seem to have just swept Jay and Mitch's fight under the rug

Hope the finale is a lot better

Linius

Kind of a non event thing really
They seem to have just swept Jay and Mitch's fight under the rug

Hope the finale is a lot better

Well we heard they just don't talk to each other at the moment, it's not like they're getting along again all of a sudden and Jay is back on board with the wedding thing.

Guess I'm the only one so far then who really liked this weeks ep, certainly much funnier than last week. Phil and Alex were indeed great. I like the scene at the dry cleaner, especially that last bit "how offensive!". Pepper and his friend were great too. I didn't really mind Cam's father and the Haley/Andy stuff though.

If there's one thing I hope for in the finale it's that Dylan makes an appearance at the wedding. It's been too long since we've seen him pop up :p

Taruranto

Oh dang, shouldn't have watched The Good Wife Season Finale before episode 23 of this, Nathan Lane is in both and now I feel like I'm watching some bad parody.

That said, will they manage to make Cam and Mitchell kiss at least once during the 2 episodes? I'm only in the first minute and they already suggested they sleep in the same bed, go for it Modern Family!

This years finale was underwhelming. Part 2 more so. I only laughed when Lily dropped the flowers and picked them up again. The Middle had a better finale in my eyes.

mantidor

I thought it was cute :p

Some things felt a little flat but overall I enjoyed it, much more than first part. Lily and the petal was hilarious for sure.

Matt_

Aaaw I thought the finale was really cute, the Manny and Luke stuff was pretty funny too

Vert boil

Almost teared up at the end. Such a shame that they really squandered an easy victory with the two parter.

Haley :3

Matt_

Almost teared up at the end. Such a shame that they really squandered an easy victory with the two parter.

Haley :3

Yeah, would have much preferred a back to back airing of the episodes

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I liked it overall, but why didn't they conclude a story for Haley and Andy? They just gave up on it. Wtf?

Maybe they're waiting until next season, but I would've liked to see more. Andy is basically Phil, which is why a lot of the scenes following Andy and Haley were followed by Phil and Claire. They made that pretty obvious.

thenexus6

I was 100% sure after you see Andy drive off he would appear at the end changing his mind. Guess not. I think it would be nice for Haley and Andy to get together or something

Penguin

I liked it overall, but why didn't they conclude a story for Haley and Andy? They just gave up on it. Wtf?

Maybe they're waiting until next season, but I would've liked to see more. Andy is basically Phil, which is why a lot of the scenes following Andy and Haley were followed by Phil and Claire. They made that pretty obvious.

I thought it was to show growth in Haley

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought it was a very sweet finale. Part 1 was a little underwhelming but I think Part 2 more than made up for it.

"Just want you to know, sometimes when babies come this early they're black."

"Is fire weather?"

I also really enjoyed Hayley's "Of course I didn't leave the wedding! You walked past me like 2 seconds ago! How can you not see me, I'm waving right at you!" phone conversation with Claire at the cafe.

I like the scene at the dry cleaner, especially that last bit "how offensive!".

haha, that was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom