• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Seasons 7 and 8 |OT| Wednesdays 9/8c on ABC.

thenexus6

Really hope we finally get resolution to the Andy/Haley thing. They're really stretching it.

dCGKCqa.gif

Yeah, although their "relationship" wasn't brought up in the episode how many seasons has this been going on now?

Overall a pretty tame episode. I've been enjoying Fresh off the Boat way more than Modern Family lately. Also I didn't notice that the acting playing Joe is different.

krae_man

"I'll just get used to not having any power"

:lol

"In accordance with campus regulations, you have permission to kiss us"

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Loved this episode, the closet storyline was brilliant

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Weird, this week the Dunphy part of the intro was updated. I wonder why they didn't start the season with it like the Jay and Gloria one?

EDIT:

"I'm cooler than cool. I'm frigid."

That was a really good episode. The best in a long time.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The Closets story was hilarious.

Actually, the entire episode was very well done. I just realized how little of Luke and Alex we see interact together.

G0523

Weird, this week the Dunphy part of the intro was updated. I wonder why they didn't start the season with it like the Jay and Gloria one?
Yeah I noticed that too. Now the only family that hasn't been updated are Cam, Mitch, and Lily. Ironic since they were the first one to do it in season 3.

leng jai

I'm surprised this show is still good after 7 seasons. Am I the only that doesn't like Sarah Hyland's fake tan look?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
liliththepale
not a tan fan
Today, 09:21 PM

:p

AlphaSnake

This Dylan character is so lame, wish they'd stop with it

Yeah, the constant rehashing of the same stupidity is making my head hurt already. Haley's already dumped his ass real bad the last time. Why are they ruining her character like this?

I wonder if Adam Devine's (Andy) real life schedule is making it difficult for the showrunners to piece their story together since it would require making him a permanent fixture of the show? So they're drawing it out like this?

LycanXIII

Is Steve Zahn's family still the Dunphy's neighbors?

And what happened to the planned spinoff for Rob Riggle's character?

mantidor

I feel its becoming predictable.

I'm still enjoying the show but Claire's and Phil's stories were so contrived and obvious.

krae_man

Joe said more lines on the last episode then Lilly has her entire time on the show.

When Jay said "Take the credit cards, you'll spend less then my wife" I immediately thought Peg. :lol

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
whats the reason for the two week break?

Matt_

the pulled his hamstring playing quidditch line made me laugh so loud it scared my cat

Meier

I think this show is a little unlucky in that it's had success for so long that it made people get a little annoyed at it. But really, the quality hasn't dropped at all -- it's still really, really funny. I was glad something else finally won the Best Comedy award at the Emmys this year, but other than a lull in season 3, I think Modern Family has been consistently great so I wouldn't say it wasn't worthy of the wins.

mantidor

lol at the ducks following Phil finally.

A bit predictable and I hate those dumb colombian jokes, but I enjoyed it overall. Ruben has always been so hilarious to me.

AlphaSnake

FINALLY! It happened. I literally scoffed when Hailey left the house...and then bam!

And those ducks are so cute.

Enosh

phill jumping in with the VR thing and everyone standing perfectly still around him was just amazing

AlphaSnake

This season is a huge upside. So happy Andy and Haley will not be parting ways. The way Andy covered his fiance's picture was perfect. She was a looney biaaatch.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm disappointed that Haley and Andy are carrying on behind his fiance's back. It paints their scenes in a sleazy light and I don't like it.

I'm disappointed that Haley and Andy are carrying on behind his fiance's back. It paints their scenes in a sleazy light and I don't like it.
I think the sleaze angle would be a lot stronger had they painted Beth as a normal, nice girl instead of a crazy mean bitch. It definitely seems like they want us to feel that it's okay for Andy to cheat because Beth deserves it, and that is rubbish to me.

Rodin

Didn't think anyone could like Andy and Haley together honestly. Their lines are so forced and their chemistry is so below 0 that i want to rip my eyes off every time they appear on screen together. I know what the authors are trying to accomplish narratively by pushing them together, and this is still my favorite comedy, but i'm really starting to be annoyed by their scenes to the point that i considered dropping the show a few times. Luckily 7x08 was pretty good (aside, again, from the Andy-Haley scene), so i think keep watching it was the right choice, but they need to do better.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't like how they justified Haley and Andy's relationship - "What we did wasn't so bad because Beth was doing something even worse! Teehee!" - but the rest of the episode was pretty good.

The whole setup doesn't make any sense for Andy's character. Probably the only bad part about this season.

If they were going for a "corrupt the pure dude" approach with Andy, it fell completely flat and came off like an ass-pull. The worst thing the dude had ever done was stay in a house slightly longer than required to prepare for an open house and suddenly he's banging Haley behind his fiancée's back.

FZZ

Banned
I always thought the main focus was more on how bad his relationship with his ex was and how much he and Haley liked one another but never were able to get together. And the tension built up to the point where they started hooking up.

I do think the ex being "worse" was a cop out though, but overall hi cheating wasn't too far fetched especially considering how much he and Haley liked one another and were actually good for one another.

krae_man

I'm Canadian and I don't know who Gordon Pinsent is. I could see Lilly liking the adult Canadian coming from a mile away.

The cheque B story was hilarious.

Top Bottom