• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Seasons 7 and 8 |OT| Wednesdays 9/8c on ABC.

The Beard

True, Lily on the other hand is pretty good child casting.

Lily is a pretty bad actress, but it somehow works. She's usually given pretty good lines, so that helps.

Joe is just the stereotypical "cute kid" who says things that don't make sense coming from a kid that age. A lot of shows have introduced characters like this, it just comes across as super desperate. Married With Children was probably the biggest offender, but at least they had enough sense to make "Seven" magically disappear after a few episodes.

I agree with Catdaddy, Joe needs to be relegated to prop status. Stop giving him cringey lines like "I steal now" and having him walk down the stairs with an empty suitcase because "he wants to live outside." It's awful! I used to love this show, what happened?

krae_man

Disappointed they didn't revisit Claires arch halloween rivals from next door. They kind of abandoned that entire family.

I saw the tribute, but didn't recognize the name. Now I know exactly who he was.

Rest in Peace, good sir. I always enjoyed watching you perform.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
last couple of episodes have been great

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wow, that may have been one of the best episodes of the show EVER.

That alliance is something else.

And Luke being someone's almost play toy had me rolling.

Enosh

yep that was an actual great episode instead of the usual "stuff I have on in the background"

the Russian mob Gloria, the alliance, the Luke thing, the final twist, all were great

AlphaSnake

yep that was an actual great episode instead of the usual "stuff I have on in the background"

the Russian mob Gloria, the alliance, the Luke thing, the final twist, all were great

Admittedly, her Russian was absolutely terrible. She barely pronounced two or three words correctly. The squatters, though, were native Russians.

/Russian born speaker. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So we have been watching old episodes and I need help finding an episode.

It's a Phil quote. "Hahaha That's hi-laaar-ious!"

I feel like it's an older episode, but I'm at a loss. It's not a lot to go on, but do any of you have ANY clue what I'm talking about?

E: Found it. Of course! It's when Phil does career day at school for Luke!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Why do we have a box of doll heads?"

"Oh, I guess you think it's a coincidence that we have never had evil spirits in this house?"

Gloria had a lot of good lines this week!

AlphaSnake

I knew exactly where that 'slingshot' ride bit at the end was going with Phil. I've seen enough YouTube videos of that damned thing to know what a common occurrence it is to pass out on it.

Ugh. Makes me sick thinking of it. LOL

Hilarious episode, though.

Kelsey Grammar cracked me the hell up.

ty_hot

I used to watch this series years ago, I believe I stopped in the 4th or 5th season? Now I restarted watching from the very beginning with my girlfriend, we are now halfway into the 2nd season. This series is awesome, I still love it. How the characters slowly but continuously evolv is great.

My favorite characters are Gloria, Cam and Phil. Luke is usually great because he does dumb things and only gets a few seconds of focus (if he would get more his character wouldnt be as great as it is). I remember that Hayley's boyfriend starts to grow in the series which I hate, he is the worst character by far.

Is the series still getting a lot of prizes for best comedy? I remember in the first years they would win everywhere.

thenexus6

I stopped watching I think two seasons ago. It just became the same thing over and over. Big misunderstanding, all make up at the end.

Shame because Phil was so fun to watch.

I still watch almost regularly, but I feel like the kids are far less endearing now, now that they aren't kids anymore. They're just bad secondary characters now, for the most part.

The Claire magic was very cool. But overall the show has some weird things going on. The Hayley- Nathan Fillion romance is creepy, Alex and the look-a-like guy was just weird. And little Joe is just odd. Sorry to say, but he reminded me of the scary kid from Pet Cemetary.

vypek

Nope! The Al Bundy easter egg they threw in there just made him great. That cracked me up so much!

He has secured his legendary status on the show.
Admittedly a good scene and awesome reference. But it's the only decent thing I've ever seen him do. Could have had the scene without him speaking too. Otherwise, I could do without him. Then again, I typically don't think young kids are particularly good in sitcoms

krae_man

Simpsons did it!

6slmSA8.gif

LOL Peyton's Gazebos and sheds!

Top Bottom