• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 4 |OT| Same Lily, new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiden

Banned
Lol i searched for this thread to come whine how much i dislike Lily. I know she is very young and all but they could have gotten a kid that can deliver lines that dont seem forced.

She really is the one thing bothering me in the show. Have not seen the latest episode though.

tirminyl

Lol i searched for this thread to come whine how much i dislike Lily. I know she is very young and all but they could have gotten a kid that can deliver lines that dont seem forced.

She really is the one thing bothering me in the show. Have not seen the latest episode though.

For me , Manny has been the my constant annoyance. He can go away ;-)

Just watched the episode last night. It was good and I loved Lily at the end.

Linius

If they use Lily not too much (like Dylan) she can be very good. Like thoses lines she got this week. Those were comedy gold.

JDSN

Banned

I think the writers are aware of that so they dont feature her as much, but in small doses. Manny is dead weight at this point.

mantidor

As said, she killed it in this episode. I agree with you but I think she's getting better.

krae_man

Yesterdays episode was kind of meh. It's like the writers remembered "Oh yeah, Cam and Claire bought a house".

Luke was funny though "YOU'RE NEVER OFF THE COURT"

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was a very tepid episode, though I was rolling when the fish got sucked up into the fountain and started flying everywhere.

Yesterdays episode was kind of meh. It's like the writers remembered "Oh yeah, Cam and Claire bought a house".

It's a good thing they remembered, cause I sure didn't.

That was a very tepid episode, though I was rolling when the fish got sucked up into the fountain and started flying everywhere.

That was definitely the highlight of the episode outside the very end with Luke. I was hoping the fish part would be coming and it was well worth it.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Thoroughly enjoyed the episode, but maybe it's because I haven't watched in a while? This isn't a show I can go too overboard with, unlike a lot of sitcoms.

At this point, I feel like they've gotten entirely too comfortable telegraphing obvious gags way in advance, but at the same time, that's almost become part of the charm.

Considering most children on TV are just annoying it's even more amazing how good he is. He's a natural and has perfect chemistry with Phil.

I've met him a couple of times and he's a really nice kid in person, too.

CassSept

I've met him a couple of times and he's a really nice kid in person, too.

As it had probably mentioned several times in this thread, he is actually quite a kid genius. Member of Mensa and graduated from high school at the age of 13. Quite surprising considering the role he plays in the show.

Dunphy kids made the episode, otherwise it was meh.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
His uncle lives here in Seattle. When Nolan visits occasionally, they like to frequent a bakery I work at.

Am I wrong that I remember you used to live somewhere else many years back? I want to say Upstate NY and that you trekked for a few days to reach Seattle?

Idk...I get these crazy blasts from the past when I see really prominent OG-GAF names. Brings back some crazy and stupid memories.

Naka

Luke has become my favorite part of the show. I loved his line about Lily "There's no soul in those eyes."

I can only think he's confusing him with Manny.

Nope. Luke is the weakest link.

I think his character is cute and funny but the acting is atrocious most of the time. It doesn't help that most of his scenes are with Phil though since it makes Luke look even worse.

Linius

Nope. Luke is the weakest link.

I think his character is cute and funny but the acting is atrocious most of the time. It doesn't help that most of his scenes are with Phil though since it makes Luke look even worse.
Don't you think their chemistry is what makes their scenes together so good? I love me some Phil/Luke scenes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was the best episode in a long time. The past, present, and future Hayley, Alex, and Luke thing was amazing and

The entire Vietnamese restaurant scene was absolute gold.

the entire Vietnamese restaurant scene was absolute fucking gold. oh my god

Linius

I had no idea my main man Ders would appear in Modern Family :lol

Liked the episode. Cam just couldn't help him self: I told you so! Also Luke; I don't remember God walking in here :lol

wow, tonight's episode was the first time I've thought a modern family episode was complete crap. kinda breaks my heart, cuz the show's been flawless to me so far.

I watch this show to laugh, not to get pissed off. I wanted to punch thorpe, and the annoying interrupting girl in luke's class. claire looked down on phil the entire damn episode, and even fucking made excuses to thorpe (phil's rival) about his rehearsal being bad, when thorpe kept rudely interrupting phil. throw in the subtle penis innuendo with the number on the pickle, and the demeaning innuendo over the car phone, it was just not funny, at all.

this whole episode was phil being put down, by thorpe, his wife, and his kids. very stark contrast to his awesomeness in the godfather episode. for the first time, manny annoyed me. gloria annoyed me. usually she's so supportive no matter what, but she takes jay to town in this episode.

haley continues to be a loser (i mean really, she needs to be institutionalized if she doesn't know MIT like in the last episode), and alex doesn't get equal amount of scenes like the others.

lunchtoast

The cop out at the end was the worst part for me. Claire could have gotten an interesting storyline, but nope, right back to housewife!

I liked it.

Although I think the teacher actually had some of the best bits. Liked the therapist joke.

And I loved the Lily plotline.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Definitely an uneven episode. I liked the beginning of it, but it started to fizz out quick. Lily was funny. Luke was funny. I even liked Gloria and Jay.

But the ending was so bad and abrupt.

aparisi2274

I liked Lilly's storyline...

When they were reading the letter from the Tooth Fairy and she was like "hey wait a minute, let me see that" she takes card "Oh, I can't read"

I thought that was funny

The cop out at the end was the worst part for me. Claire could have gotten an interesting storyline, but nope, right back to housewife!

This. I was definitely hoping for Claire's interaction with the Thorpedo.

it would've been so awesome to see Claire put thorpe in his place.

Wait, the last thing I remember is Phil deciding to take the teasing so Claire could be happy. Did my DVR cut off something after that?

at the end claire comes home and says she quits cuz thorpe's a pig. i was hoping she would be the one to boss him around like the immature kid he is.

JDSN

Banned
This show sure loves its female characters. Im waiting for the Breaking Bad cross-over in which Claire will fuck Ted.

G0523

It was a pretty meh episode but Haley as the tooth fairy was hilarious!

Haley: Is it okay if I borrow this outfit?
Mitch: Why? What do you need it for?
Haley: I'd rather not say.

Best lines this episode.

It was a pretty meh episode but Haley as the tooth fairy was hilarious!

Haley: Is it okay if I borrow this outfit?
Mitch: Why? What do you need it for?
Haley: I'd rather not say.

Best lines this episode.

I don't know, "I don't get much mail, let me see.......I can't read this." Was pretty damn funny. Both were great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom