• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Seasons 7 and 8 |OT| Wednesdays 9/8c on ABC.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that whole plotline was too obvious - Mitchell being proven wrong only to be proven right at the last minute in hy-larious fashion. Classic Mitch/Cam storyline, tbh.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
the name of the international closet convention fucking hell

Did last night's episode get good? I fell asleep during it and just deleted it. I only watch the show occasionally and just didn't find it to be that good of an episode. None of the plots really interested me, outside of Jay's hand.

Santiako

The scheduling has ruined the show for me. It's like one week on, then three weeks off, then on then two weeks off again. Ugh.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
D6rF4gh.jpg

No one made an OT for season 8, so I guess we can just keep using this thread.

Anyway, I thought the season premiere was pretty darn good. Way better than the last few premieres (and better than most of the episodes from last season) that's for sure.

Also, I like the material they're giving Joe: "I like stealing. It makes my hair grow fast."

vypek

No one made an OT for season 8 (someone should make one), so I'll just post my impressions here:

I thought it was pretty darn good. Way better than the last few premieres (and better than most of the episodes from last season) that's for sure.

Also, I like the material they're giving Joe: "I like stealing. It makes my hair grow fast."

Ooh I thought it was "heart go fast" like he was exhilarated from stealing. It was a good episode. I like seeing Stephanie Beatriz guest star as well

Did I miss the joke, but why were Jay and Manny dressed up like mariachis at the wedding? Just seemed random.

Overall it was a ok episode.

It rubbed me the wrong way just having it there. I can't put my finger on why, maybe without an explanation, it hit some stereotype alarms for me.

I am Latino, FWIW.

vypek

It rubbed me the wrong way just having it there. I can't put my finger on why, maybe without an explanation, it hit some stereotype alarms for me.

I am Latino, FWIW.

Was anyone else at the wedding wearing them at all? I can't recall at all and until you mentioned it, I didn't even really think about it. But it does seem really odd and random

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, that was a spot on premiere.

Jay was the star of the episode. And Manny took his awkwardness to a whole other level

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this season. The humor has been on point.

Also, that carb dog bit was great. "We trained him to take carbs away from us."

TheKyle07

I feel that this show hasn't been very good for a long time, but this week's episode (Oct. 5th, "Blindsided") was legitimately great, easily one of their best episode period. I implore anyone who hasn't been watching to check it out.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mitch waving like a carnival queen

coopolon

Last season was a pretty low point for this show, was just rewatching season 2 and was reminded how great it has been.

But I also agree, this season is off to a fantastic start.

Santiako

Who is Mal? I havent watched the most recent episodes.

Sorry, Mal is Nathan Fillion's character in Firefly. But Nathan Fillion is in this and he's hooking up with Haley, who is 20ish years younger.

I mean, they're both adults, but it still feels wrong.

mantidor

Did I miss the joke, but why were Jay and Manny dressed up like mariachis at the wedding? Just seemed random.

Overall it was a ok episode.

I'm catching up with the season and it also rubbed me the wrong way, Gloria and Many aren't even mexican.

They are all over the place with these latino jokes, as a colombian they sometimes nail them and sometimes is just a complete miss and almost offensive, I don't know.

The Beard

I just watched the first 2 episodes of this season. I thought the first episode was pretty week. The writing was just lazy. This show used to be clever and sharp but this episode was just in your face obvious jokes. I enjoyed the second episode a lot more.

Does anybody actually like Joe? Jesus Christ what an unnecessary and cringey addition to the cast. "Oh, look he's cute but he's a little naughty and makes witty quips" lulz. He's almost as bad as the little boy "Seven" in Married With Children.

vypek

I just watched the first 2 episodes of this season. I thought the first episode was pretty week. The writing was just lazy. This show used to be clever and sharp but this episode was just in your face obvious jokes. I enjoyed the second episode a lot more.

Does anybody actually like Joe? Jesus Christ what an unnecessary and cringey addition to the cast. "Oh, look he's cute but he's a little naughty and makes witty quips" lulz. He's almost as bad as the little boy "Seven" in Married With Children.

I can't stand Joe. Worst part of the cast

thenexus6

Yeah main reason I stopped watching ages ago. Just felt samey after a while. Family get into a thing, then resolve it and all lovey dovey at the end with "touching" music.

And man yeah, Joe is pretty terrible.

Catdaddy

They need to just make Joe a prop and not have him speak. They are having the usual problem with shows with kids, they are all growing up and start constraining the plotlines involving kids. MF actually has done a decent job as they grow-up but that can only last so long. We’ve already had the Haley + guy twice her age plotline, but since they used Nathan made it a bit more cringy. After this season, Lily and Joe will be the only ‘children’ on the show.

Top Bottom