• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 5 |OT| Wednesdays 9|8c on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Looking forward their marriage.

"And now.... you may hug your partner"

They had shown them kiss before so I doubt they will go that way.

This season though, eh, still. The only things funny so far are the occasional Phil/Luke hilarity and Lily's one-liners. Everyone else is borderline intolerable.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
None of the adults really ever kiss on the show. I think Alex has been the most kissed person on the show, unless it's Haley.

Hazmat

gloria and jay are even more sexless then, don't think i've seen them ever kiss, unlike mitch and cam.

but that stuff doesn't bother me at all.

Maybe, but they at least make plenty of jokes (especially early on) about them having sex. I can't really think of any jokes about Mitchell and Cameron having sex.

Taruranto

Do you think their not going to show them kiss?

Well, they managed to propose to each other without a single kiss, so why not? Cam and Mitchel could easily pass for two roommates that really don't really like each other very much to a first time viewer.

But, sarcasm aside, I'm sure they will show a kiss for the weeding. Then they will make sure we know now they'll spent their honey-moon awake throwing hissy fits at each other while sleeping in separate beds.

Linius

I loved Phill picking up those keys :lol

Had some good jokes and a good Lilly again. Decent episode, nothing special though.

mantidor

None of the adults really ever kiss on the show. I think Alex has been the most kissed person on the show, unless it's Haley.

Phil and Claire kiss all the time, they did in this very episode when they reconciled.

I don't think anyone wants to see them make out, or having sex (exept for that hilarious episode when they got caught by their kids), but it really stands out sometimes how jay/gloria and Mitch/cam rarely kiss, even if it fits somewhat with their personalities.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Phil and Claire kiss all the time, they did in this very episode when they reconciled.

I don't think anyone wants to see them make out, or having sex (exept for that hilarious episode when they got caught by their kids), but it really stands out sometimes how jay/gloria and Mitch/cam rarely kiss, even if it fits somewhat with their personalities.

I don't really notice unless it's made a deal of, to be honest, which is why I said Alex as all of hers have been made a big deal. So, yeah, there's definitely more kissing than I made out. I think it's more the nature of the show, as it's a really "safe" show and too much gay will probably have some of their audience turning away. Modern Family is really the kind of show Ed O'Neill's last one made fun of, too busy being safe and happy go lucky to really do anything of meaning. So I don't expect them to do anything worthwhile with Cam and Mitchell.

Vert boil

Also, Mitch kissed Cam on his cheek tonight!

Well, it was the Halloween episode.

badumtish6ao0j.gif

Really nice episode, Pepper is always fantastic. It's been along time since I've seen the lass from Frasier in anything.

Lily: Head in hands, Face palm, Yapping hands, Beating head on table

mantidor

The wedding thing is getting on my nerves, at least Lily agrees.

I mean at least I would have expected not a total gay cliche, but here we are. Manny and his manny was hilarious, as Frank, so overall I liked it, but I hope they do something better with the wedding.

haikira

Surprised no one's mentioned the hooker being Peri Gilpin. She's still looking good.

Good season so far. I only found out and watched the show earlier in the year. Really didn't think it would be my cup of tea, as it's not my usual kind of show. But it's good and exactly the little shot of comedy I need each week.

Social

This season has been so very bad. I am at a point where I might just stop watching.

The restaurant episode, where Jay ended up going from wanting a great restaurant meal to having fast food and singing in a bottle, that was just sad and so very unrealistic, it did not fit the character at all.

There are barely any laughs to be had, it's all a forced badly written mess right now.

They are also starting to do the moral crap at the end like they mean it lately, instead of making fun of it.

And the recycled plots and character "development" is just terrible.

Taruranto

This season has been so very bad. I am at a point where I might just stop watching.

The restaurant episode, where Jay ended up going from wanting a great restaurant meal to having fast food and singing in a bottle, that was just sad and so very unrealistic, it did not fit the character at all.

There are barely any laughs to be had, it's all a forced badly written mess right now.

They are also starting to do the moral crap at the end like they mean it lately, instead of making fun of it.

Agree. The characters became just more and more grating and unbearable. Even the Dunphy.

I dunno if i'll stick around much more at this point.

Zero315

Banned

Eh, quality seems about the same to me. Then again, I've never held the show up to the high standard I find most people do. It's good, but not "OMG, best most funniest comedy on TV!" good. That was Happy Endings.
( ;_;)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
How comes the show is on a break?

3N16MA

Banned
How comes the show is on a break?

Disappointed that there is no Halloween episode this season before the break.

Also anyone else think there is something off about Phil this season? I can't really put my finger on it but he just seems a little off from his usual self. Maybe it's just me?

CassSept

That final scene was hilarious but I'm getting very tired of the show.

I think the scene in the kitchen with Alex and Haley was the most uncomfortable the show had ever been.

3N16MA

Banned
I enjoyed the last episode. Is it me or did Manny's voice get deeper in this episode? Also found out why I thought Phil was off this season, it's his hair. I just noticed that it's kind of different compared to previous seasons.

123rl

This is probably my favourite episode of the season. The characters are just so loveable by this point that something minor, even if it shouldn't come off as funny or clever, still brings a smile to my face

Wow! I didn't know this show had an OT. Subbed. I just started watching this about a month ago and I absolutely love it. It's so funny. I pretty much love everyone.

krae_man

Lilly went back to being just a talking doll with a pull string.

Phil with the skeleton was just great. "Wow honey you've lost weight..." :lol

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I dont like Dylans new haircut

krae_man

Okay how does Alex have multiple ex's that haven't been seen? The only ex's I can think of are the dude from the ranch and the gay friend in denial and neither one of them could have done it. Who else could it have been?

I know Haley did it, but Alex thinks a guy did it

Matt_

I think she was just lying about it and bigging herself up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom