• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 5 |OT| Wednesdays 9|8c on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

Okay Gloria in a wind tunnel and exposing no skin is just mean.

Cam trying to stay away from Lily was just hilarious. "The carpet is lave" "Daddy this game is mean" :lol

krae_man

"I don't think the boobs are going to work on Lily"

"That's not my only trick"

:lol

Holy shit, Lilly's first full sentence is hilarious.

Awesome synergy with Jay faking the turtle theft.

thenexus6

The thing Phil said about he loves two things in life; love and filmmaking - so now he gets to film himself making love lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Cam/Alex/Mitchell/Manny and Jay/Luke scenes were good. The rest sort of felt off to me.

Also, wow, I just saw this pic of season one:

4848AMM.jpg

everyone looks so much younger!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Wee little Luke looks like a gremlin

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Holy guest stars Batman!

Fred Armisen
Stephen Merchant
Patton Oswalt
Rebarka

"This reminds me of my late grandfather."

"He was Scottish?"

"No, he was a stripper."

Pretty good episode. The constant room swapping at the end was a lot of fun.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh Stephen Merchant being a butler is just perfect

Zaptruder

Banned
Oh man, that was a masterful episode. One of the best in the series.

No kids this week - but the adults can really carry this show if they wanted to.

Such good rapid fire comedy; hectic but brilliant.

Romez

Best episode of the season thus far, wondering if it had something to do with the kids being absent. Merchant killed it too.

Linius

Woooow, this was so good :lol

I loved it how Gloria was just going along with both Claire (at the gambling) and Phil (with his magic).

CassSept

Yeah the season was very meh at first but they really stepped their game up in these last few episodes. Great streak going right now.

Perhaps that last one was the classic Modern Family episode, one of these that run off the misunderstanding between the characters, but this could had been just the best one of these yet.

Socreges

Banned
That was probably the best episode of the show, it helped that it was kid free.
It was probably the best written - dunno if it was the funniest. Had me smiling the entire time anyhow.

At times I ask myself why I still watch the show and then they deliver an episode like that.

EDIT - reminded me a lot of Frasier. Especially the cabin episode.

Taruranto

Wow, they dared to suggest Cam and Mitchel had a sexuality! Things really went to Vegas, eh?

Probably the best ep of the season.

Matt_

Cam's devious face was hilarious

Matt_

I dream of a day when this show, or any American show for that matter, will just start its series then be on every week on the same day till the end of that series.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Dunphys are going to Australia! Where Phil gets the shit beaten out of him.

Good lord Alex...

Linius

Nice episode. Had no idea they were heading there. That montage at the end made it look like the cast had an epic time there. Only problem was they couldn't pack Alex in three sweaters in the Australian heat :lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fun episode this week, though I think it would have been better if they had spent maybe two or three episodes in Australia instead of just one. I also felt like the episode was mostly just filled with the same tired Australia jokes that have been beaten into the ground (kangaroos, walkabouts, animals that will kill you, etc.) by every movie/TV show that's ever been set in the land down under.

Linius

Fun episode this week, though I think it would have been better if they had spent maybe two or three episodes in Australia instead of just one. I also felt like the episode was mostly just filled with the same tired Australia jokes that have been beaten into the ground (kangaroos, walkabouts, animals that will kill you, etc.) by every movie/TV show that's ever been set in the land down under.

But no one could have made the joke Crocodile Dunphy matey :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom