• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 4 |OT| Same Lily, new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This was the best part. Plus Phil said it right after he was going to take hedge clippers to that guy's ponytail. The ending was really nice too.
Cameron saying there was a strong possibility of Lily being a terrible driver cracked me up pretty good too.

someday

Banned
Agreed. Great episode. Lily is/was awesome which is a feat considering I usually hate precocious kids that age in any show.

CassSept

Hilarious episode, best one this season. It's a shame not more people watch it, after the middling third season this one is really amazing.

Linius

Great episode again. I'm glad they're back on their A-game (imo). Only thing I dislike is the continuing bitching between Mitchell and Cameron. It makes no sense that they keep fighting every episode over and over again about basicly the same stuff.

Oh and Phil hit me quite a bit in the end, one of his best emotional scenes to me.

I love that Phil is shown to be normally this happy go lucky 'fun' and carefree innocent guy, but he's a boss when he needs to be :)

also love the fact that Haley is becoming her mother lol, it's perfect. now i just want more Alex episodes, Haley has gotten enough for the time being.

I haven't watched much of this show since they replaced Lily but I did watch the last two episodes and they were fantastic. Who knew Luke was such a baller? :lol Plus I really like the new Lily. She delivers great lines.

krae_man

"Hi have we met? I'm pedoGAF"

"I'm creeped out"

:lol

Edit: Lilly needs to move on from 4 word sentances like she's a talking doll with a pull string into real conversations soon.

big ander

...are there seriously people complaining about not enough people watching Modern Family? Are you...what? Like, I don't– I'm very confused. This is one of the most popular shows on television. what...what do you want
if you want it to be excitedly discussed on forums and fan sites, that won't happen. it's a super formulaic sitcom with some pretty hacky jokes mixed in with a few creative ones and good acting. it's never going to be a cult hit.
So is this season and good?

First two episodes were sub-par and turned me off to it.
it's on the same level as season 3, which was slightly better than season 2 which was a lot worse than season 1.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Amazing parody of The Godfather at the end. Phil and Luke make a hell of a team.

G0523

Kinda surprised they got away with Jay's line:

"We're in the house of God, dammit!"

That was unexpected. Plus Lily's sassiness was hilarious. Great episode overall. Godfather stuff was good too even if it was predictable.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Btw, did anyone think Jay wanting Gloria's sister made no sense? She was way too young and... not that good looking.

Poor casting job.

Flash

...are there seriously people complaining about not enough people watching Modern Family? Are you...what? Like, I don't– I'm very confused. This is one of the most popular shows on television. what...what do you want
if you want it to be excitedly discussed on forums and fan sites, that won't happen. it's a super formulaic sitcom with some pretty hacky jokes mixed in with a few creative ones and good acting. it's never going to be a cult hit.

it's on the same level as season 3, which was slightly better than season 2 which was a lot worse than season 1.

lol the longer TV threads on gaf are either cult hits with a few posters posting a lot or filled with people saying the show sucks and reminiscing about when the show was good.

I didn't really like modern family last season, but I'm really enjoying this one. Some great episodes...Rafi last episode was awesome and I loved the godfather ending to last nights episode.

Cagey

Banned
The Godfather stuff had me hooting. Overall, this season has been a real return to form.

When the priest said "do you renounce Satan", my instant reaction was "oh is that a Godfather reference...?" and then the rest of the scene unfolded as it did. Awesome.

krae_man

Btw, did anyone think Jay wanting Gloria's sister made no sense? She was way too young and... not that good looking.

Poor casting job.

VYAr97o.jpg

???

She was depressed and unhappy. She wasn't supposed to look attractive.

I didn't really get a vibe for age. I could see her being mid to late 20's.

mantidor

Those jokes felt flat on me, because anyone that learned to speak english should know better than to ask where is the river to do the laundry. Would have worked better with subtitles.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Godfather parody was amazing. Goodness. That's one of the best things the show has done in a while.

I also really liked the scene near the end between Gloria and her sister. I hope she's a recurring character.

Kinda surprised they got away with Jay's line:

"We're in the house of God, dammit!"

I was also pretty surprised to hear that. Pretty clever way of sneaking that in.

Dany

Banned
Omg this last episode was soo awesome. Dammit I loved the episode. Especially the sister and the preist, good stuff.

OMG that endin :D

Babalu.

great freaking godfather ending scene.

do you denounce satan.....*looks evily at camera*

cuts to the kid doing his evil bidding.

lmao too good

I have to turn in my DVR soon for another one so I've been going through S4 and it's sooo much better than the past two seasons. I actually enjoy the show again. Almost as much as S1. Makes me happy. :)

big ander

last 3 minutes with the godfather homage was great.

everything else was terrible. nothing remotely interesting going on with phil or mitch and cam. jay being to his mother-in-law what phil is to him seemed like it could be ok but it didn't go anywhere. just ended with him saying what amounted to "everyone chill." and the plot about gloria's sister. ...how are the jokes about her not knowing what an indoor washer/dryer are even remotely funny. she knows english, has seemingly visited the us before, her mother is a fully capable human being. but they push ridiculous idiotic columbian stereotypes with the sister because...why? felt so damn vapid and unfunny, like your sort-of friend trying to make a joke and having it just collapse in on itself due to how terrible and opposite-of-funny it is. I could overlook so much of the thin writing and just enjoy the milder jokes if there weren't so many instances of just the complete inverse of comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom