• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 4 |OT| Same Lily, new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

I really love Lily, she is freaking hilarous.

I'm not exactly a fan of the sarcastic, "too smart for his/her age" kid so overused in tv shows, but with parents like Mitch and Cam it would actually be out of character for her to not be like that.

G0523

I don't know, "I don't get much mail, let me see.......I can't read this." Was pretty damn funny. Both were great though.

That was funny too. Maybe it was just the delivery of the lines from Haley that made me laugh. Or maybe it was that ABC showed the Lily reading scene in the commercials quite a bit so by the time I actually watched the episode it wasn't as funny anymore.

That was funny too. Maybe it was just the delivery of the lines from Haley that made me laugh. Or maybe it was that ABC showed the Lily reading scene in the commercials quite a bit so by the time I actually watched the episode it wasn't as funny anymore.

People still watch commercials? :lol

I can see that diminishing the scene quite a bit. Haley's fast delivery of "I'd rather not say." was perfect.

THRILLH0

Banned
I looked it up and apparently it was captioned as "Dunph-bags"

I thought this was strike 2 after the prison rape "joke" last season.

Linius

Jay and Cam at the end was well done. And Alex telling that boy Shanghai is in China cracked me up :lol

Overall pretty average episode though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Really? I thought it was hilarious
Cam always cracks me up when he gets hysterical

edit:also, what state is modern family set in?
Was wondering if Cam and Mitch will ever get married

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

edit:also, what state is modern family set in?
Was wondering if Cam and Mitch will ever get married

They're in Los Angeles county, California.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. Curious to know why some of the others here are so down on it. There were way worse episodes in the last couple of seasons than this one.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. Curious to know why some of the others here are so down on it. There were way worse episodes in the last couple of seasons than this one.

It was the first episode of the series, for me, to be devoid of any humor or laughter. I barely even smiled. All the jokes fell flat and it felt like they were trying way too hard.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So when Cam and Mitch did their little public announcement at the competition
Had to turn away, the second hand embarrassment was too much

G0523

I did not like yesterday's episode at all. Manny is such a little dick! Every time he's all preachy especially to his fucking parents about being righteous and good, he always ends up being a hypocrite about it. What a prick.

Vert boil

Fuckin' perverts.

dance33asso.gif

http://www.abload.de/img/dance473ssj.gif
http://www.abload.de/img/dance5hhx0u.gif

Divius

Not a fan of the last episode. Some fun concepts but lacking in execution.

Hailey dancing was nice, but apparently I wasn't the only one who though that :p

mantidor

So when Cam and Mitch did their little public announcement at the competition
Had to turn away, the second hand embarrassment was too much

You are not alone!

I did like the episode, but I have a love/hate relationship of how the show handles the Tucker-Pritchet family, on one side is the old and overused "terrible awkward parents being the butt of the jokes", but on the other is them being actually good parents without realizing it, with a kid thats funny at times.

3N16MA

Banned
Finally got caught up with all the episodes. I actually liked episode 22 but it seems it was not too well received here.

Matt_

Last night's episode was really good, tugged on my heartstrings
The end bit made me chuckle

AlphaSnake

My God...as someone who just moved to Florida and lost my grandmother last year...this episode was so bitter sweet. I choked up during Phil's speech and then cracked up at the ending with Luke and Manny because that's EXACTLY how relaxed I feel when I'm home.

Linius

Really touching episode. I did not expect to experience some feels while watching Modern Family. Cam's comment about the sudden drama popping up where ever he goes was great. Also, "I made a huge mistake". Currently watching Arrested Development for the first time so I loved that line :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that it was a very good finale, though the stuff with Phil's dead mom would have worked much better if they had actually introduced her character in a previous episode.

Taruranto

The last two episodes pretty much confirmed again that the show could be renamed "The Dunphys " without losing too much. And once again Cam and Mitchell worked better when they are not together and don't spend half of an episode being mean to each other.

Linius

I remember rushing trough season two as well, but then in season three they really took a step back imo. Glad season four was mostly great again.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Caught a few episodes of this show randomly at a hotel. Pretty damn funny.

Question about Lily: Is she supposed to be part Asian or full Asian? She doesn't look full Asian, but in the show, she's adopted from another country?

idwl

Question about Lily: Is she supposed to be part Asian or full Asian? She doesn't look full Asian, but in the show, she's adopted from another country?

Shes vietnamese in the show - I guess full.

AlphaSnake

The actress in real life is 100% white actually, which is crazy. Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom