• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 4 |OT| Same Lily, new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
MoLbD.png

Season Premiere Wednesday Sept 26 9|8c on ABC

Premiere Synopsis/Photos/Promos:

MODERN FAMILY - Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning "Modern Family" returns for its fourth season, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. In the Season 4 premiere, "Bringing Up Baby," Jay's birthday is upon us again and, as before, he makes it well-known that he wishes to keep it as low key as possible, with no grand gestures or surprises. But leave it to the family to miss the mark yet again! Phil takes Jay on a very unconventional fishing trip with his buddies, and Gloria struggles with how to break the pregnancy news to him. Meanwhile, Dylan moves into the Dunphy household temporarily, and Mitch and Cam decide to look into adopting a cat as they continue to cope with their failed attempt to adopt another child.

4eKuU.jpg
fUvep.jpg

OlBe5.jpg
s0Bnv.jpg

Promo #1 | Promo #2 | Extended Promo

Cast:

Pritchett's

CWQKo.png
dDAWS.png
Iv0Hj.png

Dunphy's

oIG37.png
gdYx7.png

QrIoO.png
e8H9t.png
rtcmu.png

Tucker-Pritchett's

2v2j8.png
mrKZ6.png
085Zr.png

twitter_logo_header.png

Modern-Family (modernfamilytv) on Twitter
Steve Levitan (SteveLevitan) on Twitter (co-creator)
Danny Zuker (DannyZuker) on Twitter (writer)
Clint McCray (ClintMcCray) on Twitter (script coordinator)
Ryan Case (film114) on Twitter (editor)
Reid Ewing (Reidoing) on Twitter (Dylan)
Sarah Hyland (Sarah_Hyland) on Twitter
Rico Rodriguez (StarringRico) on Twitter
Nolan Gould (Nolan_Gould) on Twitter
Jesse Tyler Ferguson (jessetyler) on Twitter
Eric Stonestreet (ericstonestreet) on Twitter
Sofia Vergara (SofiaVergara) on Twitter
Ariel Winter (arielwinter1) on Twitter
Aubrey Anderson-Emmons (AubreyLily) on Twitter

Blu-Ray:

aparisi2274

I spit out my water when Cam was yelling at the cat lady and then Mitchell starts making the car dance and the stuffed animals start humping on the roof of the car.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought it was a pretty tepid premiere. A lot of the jokes fell flat and none of the storylines were particularly interesting. I did like the bit with Dylan at the end, and I thought Jay's speech to Gloria was sort of touching, but the rest was very underwhelming.

I spit out my water when Cam was yelling at the cat lady and then Mitchell starts making the car dance and the stuffed animals start humping on the roof of the car.

That was great. The funniest moment of the entire episode for sure.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yea that was cool.

Lily sucks though. It wasn't funny but it was fun.

Yeah, I'm on Luke with this one. Screw Lily. And Manny. Manny is terrible.

Good episode. The fishing stuff was stupid, but everything else was pretty solid. The humping animals were also pretty great. As was Larry not being on a show! Still, this show is so... there. Cute? Cute.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
That episode was okay. I hope they freshen up the show this season. It's getting kind of stale.

I'm glad they did the fast forward thing so we don't have to watch the whole pregnancy. Also all of Phil's responses to Gloria being prego were awesome. He's by far my favorite character.

TripOpt55

Good episode. Stupid moment that cracked me up, Manny was making a joke about Jay while Phil was walking out the door and he leans back in and says something like,"Ha... good one because he's old." Not sure why but that one got me. Also liked the bits about the beard with Phil. Anyway glad Phil... errr... Modern Family is back.

It will be better once Lily and Manny and Luke and Jay and Phil and Claire and Cameron and Mitchell and Haley and Alex get the boot.

big_z

"Don't be crazy Luke, anyone can do it with Gloria."

That killed me! :D

I personally liked Luke's "sometimes I like to drop a grenade and walk away"

This episode was alright, felt like a precursor to close off storylines from last season and set things up for this season.

Babalu.

did not like the first episode.

nothing felt natural.

omgosh jay fell off the boat! omgosh is lilly really saying she wants a cat since she didnt get a baby brother. omgosh jay was really happy when everyone knew he was going to be really mad.

i hate lilly and manny.

i hate this new arc where she is pregnant. i hate cam and mitchells storylines.

i loved the show last few seasons. Not sure why i hate everything now after that episode. hopefully next one is better.

reKon

Banned
Really enjoyed this first episode tonight. It's going to be interesting what happens with Hailee. I hope the second one is as good

ivysaur12

Banned
Really, really strong duo tonight. The baby + Haley in college has changed the central dynamic enough to be fresh (for now). I'm actually excited for where this season is headed.

The pink on gray doesn't work when the image is that small, but otherwise great OP.

I watched Modern Family S1-3 this weekend after being introduced to it by a friend. Well mostly because he showed me Sofia Vergara and then from there I got into the show. Easily one of the best shows on TV right now.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this Lily. Sure the other Lily didn't talk...or do anything, but for some reason her completely unchanging facial expression cracked me up.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yuss! these two episodes were a return to form. So many funny scenes:

"Haley going to college is a miracle. Lily going to kindergarten is the law."

-

"I'm just saying it's difficult to grow up with a name that rhymes with ham"

"Hello, Mitch? Witch, twitch, bitch...Elaine Stritch."

"What?"

"Not all bullies are straight."

-

"Mitchell this is Joe"

"Hi, oh just Joe?"

"Yes, Jeoux. J-e-o-u-x."

"There it is!"

-

I thought the ending of the first episode was quite touching, and the Phil-osophy book was gold. They should sell it in stores. I also really like the names of all of Cam and Mitch's gay friends; they're so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom