• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy) is back bitches in a new family comedy - Modern Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiki said:
Modern Family (AKA My American Family) is a upcoming American single camera mockumentary comedy that will debut on ABC as a fall 2009-2010 entry. The half-hour series, which was created by Christopher Lloyd and Steven Levitan, is produced by Fox Television Studios.

The series will follow the everyday lives of a modern day American family, each with different backgrounds, as they are taped by a Dutch documentary crew, who is using them as the subject of a reality-based television series that will air in The Netherlands.

The family that are the subject of this documentary is the Pritchett-Delgado-Dunphy clan, a family that consists of patriach father Jay, his much younger Colombian-born second wife Gloria and their teenage son Manny, Jay's daughter (from his first marriage) Claire, her husband Phil and their two children, Jay's openly gay son Mitchell, his partner Cameron and their adopted baby girl from Vietnam, Lily. Each episode is expected to capture their complicated, yet normal settings during their taping.

Cast
Ariel Winter as Alex
Ed O'Neill as Jay
Eric Stonestreet as Cameron
Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell
Julie Bowen as Claire
Nolan Gould as Luke
Rico Rodriguez as Manny
Sarah Hyland as Haley
Sofia Vergara as Gloria
Ty Burrell as Phil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Family

Golden Age of TV confirmed

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
NotSureIfWant.jpg

gdt

woodchuck said:
can someone explain how all this works?

Produced by Fox but airing on ABC?

It's pretty standard in the TV world.

Chuck also has a similar situation. A couple of other shows too.

Zoe

woodchuck said:
can someone explain how all this works?

Produced by Fox but airing on ABC?

Happens with a lot of shows. The channel passes on airing the show, so the studio is free to shop around.

Door2Dawn said:
Who is Ed O'Neill?

smh

woodchuck

Zoe said:
Happens with a lot of shows. The channel passes on airing the show, so the studio is free to shop around.

doesn't that mean the channel thinks the show isn't good enough to air on its own channel?

KHarvey16

woodchuck said:
doesn't that mean the channel thinks the show isn't good enough to air on its own channel?

Fox Television Studios is just a separate section of Fox. It's different from Fox Television itself.

woodchuck said:
It could also be that they just don't have any room for it, or many other reasons.

It's common in just about any industry. A company might pass on a web design because they don't have the time or the interest in that particular project, but some other company might take it up and the first ends up hosting the site.

Sofia Vergara = win

I didn't even know she could speak English, honestly. :lol
But hey, the last time I saw her was when she was a blond. She looks good as a brunette, too. Shiettt.

I've been recording Married With Children on my DVR for a few weeks now, TBS plays like 4 episodes early in the morning. I love the ep where aliens need his socks for fuel.

Wow .. I might actually watch something that isn't Comedy Central, Sports or Discovery channels.

That wet dress picture is insanely hot.

Holtz

HamPster PamPster said:
National
Organization of
Men
Against
Amazonian
Masterhood

L
I
F
E
nomaam2.jpg

Salutes.
Will watch. AL FUCKING BUNDY + Sofia Vergara, my goddess = hopefully some good TV.
sofia-vergara-2.jpg

Dear Lord.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
By the way, after watching a modern family preview with Ed does anyone feel he isn't portraying his quirkiness? I know "Jack Black playing Jack Black" and "Michael Cera playing Michael Cera" type roles get negative toned comments, but I want some Ed O'Neill quirkiness. He's been out of the spotlight for a good while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom