• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family S2 |OT| More Manny and Gloria for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

ZJQFZ.jpg

Wednesdays at 9/8c on ABC.
Returns on 9/22.

Its first season was really great, even if it got a little formulaic at times.
It's also this year's Emmy Winner for Best Comedy and Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy for Eric Stonestreet, which is really awesome.

Official Site | Wikipedia | Season One Thread

Promo #1 | Promo #2

http://imgur.com/ZUD2X.jpg[/IMG
[URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0642145/"]Ed O'Neill[/URL] as Jay Pritchett

[IMG]http://imgur.com/Jamyo.jpg
Sofia Vergara as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett

zzfEq.jpg

Julie Bowen as Claire Dunphy

v4k0K.jpg

Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy

Gp8Qb.jpg

Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell Pritchett

PYZgy.jpg

Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker

xMsTA.jpg

Sarah Hyland as Hayley Dunphy

p7fxf.jpg

Ariel Winter as Alex Dunphy

Fava7.jpg

Nolan Gould as Luke Dunphy

TIh4j.jpg

Rico Rodriguez as Manny Delgado

twitter_logo_header.png

Modern-Family (modernfamilytv) on Twitter
Steve Levitan (SteveLevitan) on Twitter (co-creator)
Danny Zuker (DannyZuker) on Twitter (writer)
Clint McCray (ClintMcCray) on Twitter (script coordinator)
Ryan Case (film114) on Twitter (editor)
Reid Ewing (Reidoing) on Twitter (Dylan)
Sarah Hyland (Sarah_Hyland) on Twitter
Rico Rodriguez (StarringRico) on Twitter
TyBurrell (TyBurrell) on Twitter
Nolan Gould (Nolan_Gould) on Twitter
Jesse Tyler Ferguson (jessetyler) on Twitter
Eric Stonestreet (ericstonestreet) on Twitter
Sofia Vergara (SofiaVergara) on Twitter
Ariel Winter (arielwinter1) on Twitter

Or you can follow this list I found.

Season One on Blu-ray
A6H6J.jpg

Absolutely ALL credit to cory64.

cory64

2x01 - "The Old Wagon"
Writer: Bill Wrubel
Director: Michael Spiller
Claire gets Phil to agree to sell their old station wagon, but not before everyone has to take it down one last ride down memory lane. Meanwhile, when Mitchell decides to build a life-size princess castle for Lily, Cameron calls Jay in for reinforcement. Also, Manny invites a cute girl over for a study date who eventually starts to try to change/control him which makes Gloria a little uncomfortable and jealous.
333347.jpg

333344.jpg

333332.jpg

More pics here

DanteFox

This was my favorite comedy last season. Now with the emergence of Louie it has some competition. Lets see which one I end up liking more.

turnbuckle

Started late on the show so I missed the first half of last season, but I'm here day 1 for season 2. Not as funny as Community (though Phil is funnier than any character from that show) but definitely more consistent and charming.

xbhaskarx said:
They need to change this show around so it's centered around Phil.

Oh God no. Way to ruin the concept of the entire show. And I'm partial to Cameron myself, though Phil is hilarious. They all have their moments from time to time.

xbhaskarx

Discotheque said:
They all have their moments from time to time.

I find everyone else to be somewhere on the spectrum between completely unfunny to ordinary. When they get extended screen time I'm just waiting for Phil to reappear.

Random idea: They need to get Gabriel Iglesias on as a guest star at some point simply because he looks exactly like Manny and this is something that needs to be addressed. It's a shame they already had the Law and Order guy as Manny's dad because Iglesias looks too much like him for this to go ignored.

joshcryer said:
Oh nice the girl who plays Hayley is 20 irl.

*boggle* How is that possible?

kiryogi

Banned
I need that bluray set. That said, I only saw up to deck the halls and maybe after that? Then totally lost track. Regardless though, it was a fantastic show and I look forward to catching up with it on the blu-ray set and watching the 2nd season.

Chuckie

Ah Modern Family.... the show I actually first heard of here on GAF.

I fucking love it. Can't wait for the second season

cory64 said:
Forgot to mention it in the OP, but she's mine ;)
Even if she is a Cowboys fan...
She's a cowboys fan? Smart girl.

Didn't know she was 20. Don't feel so bad anymore for having sexual thoughts about her last season.

Best new comedy right here (sorry Community brethrens). Can't wait for this.

Need more Sofia Vergara in the op.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I think I'm going to add this to my rotation, after I rent and watch season one. I caught a couple episodes over the year when visiting my parents and found it surprisingly funny.

Clydefrog

Best sitcom since Seinfeld. (and probably even better than Seinfeld IN THIS DAY AND AGE because of the scripts)

Better than any new cartoon. Futurama has been fantastic lately. South Park follows and Simpsons limps, limps, LIMPS....

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Looking forward to the new season.

criesofthepast said:
Didn't know she was 20. Don't feel so bad anymore for having sexual thoughts about her last season.

I didn't feel bad before I knew.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I marathoned the first season. Fine show indeed. Even the iPad episode didn't piss me off like I thought it would (sorry Apple fanboys).

numble

Teh Hamburglar said:
the girls are getting cuter, the boys are getting awkward looking. Manny is putting on big time weight.
They are going to run into the Malcolm in the Middle problem as the Luke kid hits puberty--he's supposed to be the youngest but I think the actor's actually older than the "middle" child.

turnbuckle said:
Started late on the show so I missed the first half of last season, but I'm here day 1 for season 2. Not as funny as Community (though Phil is funnier than any character from that show) but definitely more consistent and charming.
I agree. Community had more highs but had a few too many duff episodes (I really hated the Retard Kids episode) compared to Modern Family. So glad that Modern Family beat 30 Rock for the Emmy.

KingGondo

Banned
I'll watch this when it's on, because my wife loves it.

Funny, but a little too mainstream-y for my tastes. I think Arrested Development spoiled me when it comes to family-based comedies, its twisted sense of humor is like fine wine, Modern Family is like grape juice.

Delicious grape juice, but grape juice nonetheless.

And yes, Sofia Vergara is ridiculously hot.

Wooooo I can't wait for this to come back on. I watched the first season like 3 times through and just loved every minute of it.

Mmmmm Sofia Vergara.....

2rpxlp1.jpg

LM4sure

Banned
wackojackosnose said:
I agree. Community had more highs but had a few too many duff episodes (I really hated the Retard Kids episode) compared to Modern Family. So glad that Modern Family beat 30 Rock for the Emmy.

Hmm..I really don't like Community. It's pretty stupid. I rarely find myself laughing at the show. Modern Family and 30 Rock on the other hand are very funny

mantidor

I love that picture in the op, did they do like special photo shoots? I saw another one also with the old theme and it was hilarious.

cory64

mantidor said:
I love that picture in the op, did they do like special photo shoots? I saw another one also with the old theme and it was hilarious.
Hmm, that was the only one in that style that I saw.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
me and the missus JUST discovered this show and we've nearly killed an entire season in less than a week. LOVE it.

Phil Dunphy is the man.

Seth C

spindashing said:
How about the chick who plays Alex? Am I wrong for looking at her in "that way?" Don't judge me. =(

I'm not one to judge people (I was fine lusting after the other daughter when I assumed the actress was 16) but the girl who plays Alex is only 12. Seriously man, twelve.

Seth C said:
I'm not one to judge people (I was fine lusting after the other daughter when I assumed the actress was 16) but the girl who plays Alex is only 12. Seriously man, twelve.

....................................................................................................................

i ... i don't know what to believe in anymore.

totowhoa

Banned
Oh i can't wait for this :D First season was GREAT. Always looked forward to the new episode. Hulu should be airing this again, correct?

Edit: the fuck you guys? Looking at the kids when there's fucking Gloria. (see picture above for a refresher)

Sklorenz said:
Oh i can't wait for this :D First season was GREAT. Always looked forward to the new episode. Hulu should be airing this again, correct?

Edit: the fuck you guys? Looking at the kids when there's fucking Gloria. (see picture above for a refresher)

Haha you know why they look at the kids

pedobear.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom