• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 3 |OT| New Lily!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory.

Banned
HJRQW.png

Wednesdays at 9/8c on ABC.
Returns on 9/21.

Official Site | Wikipedia | Season One Thread | Season Two Thread

Promo #1 | Promo #2

Cast:
uTEqQ.png
iTuUg.png
S6IyR.png

Ed O'Neill as Jay Pritchett
Sofia Vergara as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett
Rico Rodriguez as Manny Delgado

9VFWs.png
EGxr2.png

Julie Bowen as Claire Dunphy
Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy

aWwxn.png
iGaTB.png
KBUwl.png

Sarah Hyland as Hayley Dunphy
Ariel Winter as Alex Dunphy
Nolan Gould as Luke Dunphy

xOVUe.png
vuewC.png
gYrRP.png

Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell Pritchett
Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker
Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily Tucker-Pritchett

twitter_logo_header.png

Modern-Family (modernfamilytv) on Twitter
Steve Levitan (SteveLevitan) on Twitter (co-creator)
Danny Zuker (DannyZuker) on Twitter (writer)
Clint McCray (ClintMcCray) on Twitter (script coordinator)
Ryan Case (film114) on Twitter (editor)
Reid Ewing (Reidoing) on Twitter (Dylan)
Sarah Hyland (Sarah_Hyland) on Twitter
Rico Rodriguez (StarringRico) on Twitter
Nolan Gould (Nolan_Gould) on Twitter
Jesse Tyler Ferguson (jessetyler) on Twitter
Eric Stonestreet (ericstonestreet) on Twitter
Sofia Vergara (SofiaVergara) on Twitter
Ariel Winter (arielwinter1) on Twitter

Blu-ray

cory.

Banned
Double premiere:

3x01 - "Dude Ranch"
Writer: Paul Corrigan, Brad Walsh and Dan O'Shannon
Director: Jason Winer

3x02 - "When Good Kids Go Bad"
Writer: Danny Zuker
Director: Michael Spiller
"Modern Family" returns for its third season with a special one-hour event on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. In the first part of the hour, entitled "Dude Ranch" (9:00-9:30 p.m.), our favorite family decide to don their cow boots and hats and head to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for some fun and adventure in the great outdoors. While vacationing on Lost Creek Ranch, they try their hands at a little cattle herding, skeet shooting and horseback riding; there are also some big firsts, a huge surprise and an actual face off between Jay and a foe - a cowboy named Hank! In the second half of the hour, entitled "When Good Kids Go Bad" (9:30-10:00 p.m.), Mitch and Cam plan a nice evening with the whole family to break the happy news that they're looking to adopt another child. However their parade is rained on when they realize Lily may not take well to another baby in the house. Meanwhile, Claire and Jay are each consumed with proving a certain point.

Guest cast for "Dude Ranch" include Tim Blake Nelson as Hank, Reid Ewing as Dylan and Matthew Gumley as Jimmy.
Guest cast for "When Good Kids Go Bad" include Annie Tedesco as Laura, Amanda Musso as Attractive Woman and Laurel Coppock as Miss Elaine.

HzE9E.jpg
1WNqS.jpg

qjo2f.jpg
4wTkP.jpg

Koodo

Banned
YESSS! My fave comedy show. I really hope they spice things up though, S2 was still funny but felt tragically routine at times.

Also, y'all hating on Lily v3 need to reevaluate your hating priorities.

3N16MA

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
WHAT NEW LILY?!?!?!?!

The old Lilly (twins) was not expressive enough and did not talk a whole lot. They wanted Lilly to start talking so they made the change.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
My parents recommended me this show a few months back so I caught the first season on Netflix, and now I'm convinced that its the best sitcom in several years. Hopefully I'll catch up on S2 soon and join you guys in here.

Excited for this. Season One was amazing and Season Two was....okay. Hopefully this year the charm will be back.

3N16MA said:
The old Lilly (twins) was not expressive enough and did not talk a whole lot. They wanted Lilly to start talking so they made the change.
My favorite thing about baby Lily was that she was always so :| no matter what hellish hijinks were going on around her

big ander

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Excited for this. Season One was amazing and Season Two was....okay. Hopefully this year the charm will be back.
Exactly. They fell back on overdone stories too often last year. I'm hoping the show improves this year.

Messi

That header picture is amazing!

Did season 2's blu ray not come with a slipcover? hmmm

Can't wait! More GLORIA!

cory.

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Sweep that shit, MamFam!!
Not that I agree with most of its wins, but:
Outstanding Comedy Series
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Ty Burrell
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Julie Bowen
Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series - Steven Levitan and Jeffrey Richman for "Caught in the Act"
Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series - Michael Alan Spiller for "Halloween"
Only category it didn't win was Nathan Lane in Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series.
Fox is going to make quadrillions in syndication.

I hope the Dunphey family is as charming when the kids get older. Luke is already on his way out of the adorably dumb stage like Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle.

Teh Hamburglar said:
I hope the Dunphey family is as charming when the kids get older. Luke is already on his way out of the adorably dumb stage like Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle.

He was only funny last season as he got older. I'm hoping it only gets better from there. He was always the weakest link of the show.

BenjaminBirdie said:
He was only funny last season as he got older. I'm hoping it only gets better from there. He was always the weakest link of the show.

I keep finding him overacting and it comes off forced and thus ruining the scene.

ivysaur12

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:

Really? I find Manny to easily be the weakest link. I love Luke.

Also, this show is going to dominate syndication. 20th's got another hit.

Bollocks

Lactose_Intolerant said:
Watch the bad cop episode. Phil has the best parenting in that episode.
What episode is that? Is this the episode where the kids walk in on them? Or the "you poked the bear" one? Those are my favorites.

Koodo

Banned
cory. said:
Fox's television production arm makes it for ABC. Common practice.
Oh, interesting!

ivysaur12 said:
Really? I find Manny to easily be the weakest link. I love Luke.
I loved Manny in S1 but he really went downhill in S2.

Interestingly, Luke was the weakest for me by far in S1 but he became one of my faves in S2. That scene where he's teaching Gloria how to ride a bike will forever be golden.

HeySeuss

This show is great, by far my favortie comedy. And I think the Middle is only funny because of my eagarness to laugh at this show.

Oh God, Dillon. He's adoringly moronic. And this isn't the first time he's totally been into Claire.

That dude ranch guy gave off some serious creepy vibes there.

Surprised that Phil is that good at shooting.

Edit: Ha, Buffalo-Phil. This New Yawk kid is bizarrely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom