• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 has already sold 2 million copies in Japan (4 days)

iammeiam

I absolutely cannot believe this is happening with Pokemon so close. That's so many sales between the two. Happy times for Nintendo.

Bullza2o

Wow. Every time I see Japanese friends playing it (via Friend list --friended from ACNL) I get jealous.

We need an update of this chart now:

acchart.gif

I love this chart. But knowing Pokemon it will probably ruin it haha.

And Capcom can't afford to build a next gen engine for MH why ?

Basically a giant cash machine. Costs probably 10m to make and they bring in 300,000,000 with it

"They just made so much money, I don't understand why they don't change everything popular about it and spend way more money making it for less sales."

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I absolutely cannot believe this is happening with Pokemon so close. That's so many sales between the two. Happy times for Nintendo.

Pretty much, I wonder how much Monster Hunter 4 will bring up the current software lineup (ie: Ace Attorney 5, All the Nintendo Games, etc). Also, I wonder if Pokemon X or Y will also give MH4 another huge boost.

Jawmuncher

Sony crying at the office while nintendo and capcom laugh to the bank.
Why sony didn't think securing the IP at any cost on vita was worth it is beyond me.
Besides that hopefully this'll makes it's way to the west quicker. Hopefully with another crosssave version.

What are the chances this outsells Pokemon week 1?

IIRC:

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: ~1.5m
Pokemon Black/White: ~2.6m
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: ~1.4m
Pokemon Black2/White2: ~1.5m

Anteo

And now, we play the waiting game. Until 4G arrives to the west

got damn.

Capcom gonna make 3DS MH4 DLC up da ying yang 'cause dey need dat paper.

Sony am cry indeed.

DLC? They are going to make extra quest, put it in a cart with the main game and sell it as the expansion =P

Top Bottom