• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Demo impressions thread

Denzar

SO each character has 2 fatalities and X-Ray's right?

Or am I getting this wrong...because that is a TON of animation they had to do...

Struct09

Deepack said:

Or am I getting this wrong...because that is a TON of animation they had to do...

2+ fatalities

1 X-Ray (I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Deepack said:

2-3 fatalities, and 1 X-Ray per character.

Also, alot of Enhanced special moves have new/extended animations.

Edit: That Raiden model looks super goofy. The rest are pretty cool.

fernoca

Deepack said:

Yep. 25+ characters
2 fatalities + other "alities"
1 X-ray each
Special Moves
Enhanced Moves
Alternate costumes + Pallette swaps

GrayFoxPL said:
New costumes look so good that it's kinda hard to want the classic ones. Would've preferred another alternative, totally whack like Scorpion "pre-Scorpion".
The characters that have retro costumes also have a regular alternate, on top of their main costume. [spoilers]The female ninjas also have an extra retro costume, based on their MKII costume.[/spoiler]

depths20XX

_dementia said:
Platform holders would never allow a licensed product to offer such a thing. You'd have to go DIY.

SF 20th anniversary stick was compatible with PS2 and XBOX. Only time I've seen it.

Cliffy B says there won't be a Gears of War character in the Xbox version of the game:

therealcliffyb Cliff Bleszinski
"@Kaylila: you guys ever succed in getting a Gears Character as the X360 exclusive in the new Mortal Kombat?" Nope, we were too late

derFeef

Stormwatch said:
Cliffy B says there won't be a Gears of War character in the Xbox version of the game:

"@Kaylila: you guys ever succed in getting a Gears Character as the X360 exclusive in the new Mortal Kombat?" Nope, we were too late
:(
Guess that also tells us that there is no exclusive character at all

edit: OR someone else was faster? Eh... clear case of "The wish was father to the thought".

Hector Sanchez mentioned at that Brazilian event that the 360 version would have some sort of exclusive content instead of an exclusive character. Although he later denied some of the info that was posted online (i'm not sure if he said that the exclusive content report was false)

KevinCow

Banned
Those would make pretty cool avatars.

iTyYY.gif

Frankfurt

Banned
Stormwatch said:

Ugh. What a disappointment.

I can't think of anything else that would even remotelly compare to Kratos. Not only we would never get a Halo Spartan in such a violent game, but it basically confirms that we get no character.

Why couldn't they go with DLC, like amasterninja said they were discussing?

Kolgar

Oh man, so this doesn't release for a month?

I just chewed Walmart.com in an email about why my preorder wasn't expected to ship until April 19.

Silly me. I CAN'T WAIT!

SolidSnakex said:
Hector Sanchez mentioned at that Brazilian event that the 360 version would have some sort of exclusive content instead of an exclusive character. Although he later denied some of the info that was posted online (i'm not sure if he said that the exclusive content report was false)

probably a stage, you'd think that info would be out by this point though. Didn't even matter, dpad is no comparison anyway, ps3 was already the only option for me.

Speaking of alternates, here's hoping there's plenty for everyone released down the line.

Immediately, I don't like how Lady Ninjas get both 2 and 3.

I want MK3 Male Ninja outfits.

scorpion-w.gif

Unicorn

I took a break from the demo this past weekend and played it again today.

I've taken it for granted in the past, but now I realized that these graphics are amazing.

Like, I was looking for the polygons, but couldn't find seams or edges. Either great AA or games today are just able to harness the magic to make these characters look natural (not really realistic, because they're stylized).

It's just really nice now to not have to implement a hint of imagination to blur out polygonal edges or this or that graphical short-coming because games now (or, in particular, this game) just look so damn clean and spotless. sure, sometimes there's a blood texture that gets clipped short, but aside from that.. it's like my childhood imagination in full-effect when I used to play with my Mortal Kombat action figures. I'm so happy to be able to be a gamer today because of the polish games today have. Plus, going into THIS game knowing how much content is there. It's exciting, to say the least.
1181242184441.jpg

SlamLOL said:
Speaking of alternates, here's hoping there's plenty for everyone released down the line.

Immediately, I don't like how Lady Ninjas get both 2 and 3.

I want MK3 Male Ninja outfits.
This is one game I'm going to go all out for DLC. Feed me NR, feed me.

jintek

Banned
Gravijah said:
fulgore > kratos by a country mile

Yeah, I'd much rather have Fulgore (or Sabrewulf) as an exclusive character than a Gears character...

But that's far too much to ask from Rare these days.

I downloaded this the other day, and to my surprise, it's actually really fun. It has a good feel to it, much better than DC vs MK. I might have to buy this when it comes out...

malfcn

I bought Mahvel from a friend, and then got my hand majorly jacked up and can't play. By the time my hand is better, it will be MK and Gears Beta time.. From the looks of the demo, all my time will be dedicated to those two.

fernoca

Criminal Upper said:
Hmm....seems pretty cool! That beat is soo fresh, but I don't think it fits MK all that well.

Jax's fatality looked pretty week...like something out of MK3.
Reptile's song from the new soundtrack. Is nice.
Fatality is the same from MK3, but with an extra. :p

Top Bottom