• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Demo impressions thread

fernoca said:
Well, he went to work on comics after, not before.
People liking his design, depends on who you ask. I liked them, I prefer the artwork from Deadly Alliance. Some hated Tobia's artstyle because most of the characters looked the same. Some liked his designs, but not the actual art, and so on.

Tobias worked on some comics before MK. I remember him mentioning he worked on the Ghostbusters comics in the 80s.

fernoca

Ninja Scooter said:
Tobias worked on some comics before MK. I remember him mentioning he worked on the Ghostbusters comics in the 80s.
Yeah, just remembered that bit. :p

2mpwio1.jpg

Wasn't really sure, so decided to say the opposite while searching a bit. :p

anybody else order the comics from the little ad on the arcade machine? I remember taking a pen and paper to the arcade to jot down the info and sending off a money order and waiting 6 weeks by the mail box for that thing. Still have the MK2 comic, too.

fernoca

Ninja Scooter said:
anybody else order the comics from the little ad on the arcade machine? I remember taking a pen and paper to the arcade to jot down the info and sending off a money order and waiting 6 weeks by the mail box for that thing. Still have the MK2 comic, too.
I did (same for the one in MKII).
*sniff*
I had every comic, even one with a gold-cover.
Some years ago, I had to sell everything I had from Mortal Kombat, really cheap because I needed to pay bills and couldn't find a new job. What was left, I just gave it away.

Now the irony is that MK "is back" and here I am..unemployed, again. But will get the game day one, even if it's just the vanilla edition. :/

fernoca said:
*sniff*
Some years ago, I had to sell everything I had from Mortal Kombat, really cheap because I needed to pay bills and couldn't find a new job. What was left, I just gave it away.

Now the irony is that MK "is back" and here I am..unemployed, again. But will get the game day one, even if it's just the vanilla edition. :/

a buddy of mine got into the Malibu comic series and was buying up every copy.

fernoca

Ninja Scooter said:
a buddy of mine got into the Malibu comic series and was buying up every copy.
I'll see if I can get some of the things back. MK is the only thing I've liked through the years and still do, so might just focus on getting just MK stuff and nothing else.

Glass Joe

fernoca said:
I'll see if I can get some of the things back. MK is the only thing I've liked through the years and still do, so might just focus on getting just MK stuff and nothing else.

It's not the actual possession of rare video game items that matter, it's the preservation of them. If you had to sell some cool stuff, "oh well." We can assume that anything worth money was purchased by someone who'd keep anything rare in good hands. Don't feel bad if you sold something when you were in a bind. Only feel bad if you destroyed something relevant out of carelessness.

Thank God. I was really afraid the stick's buttons would be messed up for UMK3 on the 360 because the goofballs who ported the game didn't make the button configuration customizable at all. But as the stick shows, RT/RB is block and LT/LB is run, just like how it was designed for the UMK3 360. I can breathe easier now.

GrayFoxPL

fernoca said:
*sniff*

Did you try contacting NRS asking if they need anyone?

Or you could do some magic and make Tobias and Boon kiss and make up. Oh man, imagine new 2d mk with the team. Not that new mk is anything to whine about.

infinityBCRT said:
It sucks that its not compatible with both systems, otherwise I would be 100% more interested in buying one or maybe even two.
Platform holders would never allow a licensed product to offer such a thing. You'd have to go DIY.

Khezu

Scorpion seems to have reptiles eyes, hope they fix that.

Female retro outfits look a lot better then the male counterparts, though mileena loses her crazy orange eyes.

Frankfurt

Banned
Anyone noticed Mileena's crotch looks painted over in the gamestop Klassic Kostume ad? Editing? Everything else has shading and lighting... If it looks like that in-game, that's just weird.

TommyManberg said:
Ed Boon said April 5th in an interview.

One day after my Gold account ends. Nice. Guess i'm renewing for this (and the Gears 3 Beta, too).

Anyanka said:
NOT Snes & Genesis. You want to go MAME, XBLA if there's still a way to get it, or the DS version.

XBLA version still isn't back up yet.

glad I bought it (even though I detest that bug that only lets you play on one background online.)

My problem with Kratos is that it includes most of the gimmicks from GOW like slo-mo and QTE. This can be a good thing but it can make the game very unbalanced if not done right. The positive side is that the fanservice is amazing! Great work NRS!

This may be a stupid question but do the klassic fatalities also work while wearing the default outfits? or can you only perform them while wearing the klassics?

Frankfurt said:
Anyone noticed Mileena's crotch looks painted over in the gamestop Klassic Kostume ad? Editing? Everything else has shading and lighting... If it looks like that in-game, that's just weird.

One day after my Gold account ends. Nice. Guess i'm renewing for this (and the Gears 3 Beta, too).
It's censored for the gamestop ad. The kitana/jade pics released look a little more revealing.

GrayFoxPL

New costumes look so good that it's kinda hard to want the classic ones. Would've preferred another alternative, totally whack like Scorpion "pre-Scorpion".

GrayFoxPL said:
New costumes look so good that it's kinda hard to want the classic ones. Would've preferred another alternative, totally whack like Scorpion "pre-Scorpion".
I wouldn't be surprised if some, if not all, characters had 2 different alternate costumes.

MrMephistoX

The Lamonster said:
I wouldn't be surprised if some, if not all, characters had 2 different alternate costumes.

I vote for MK3 outfits for Sonya and basically every other character introduced in that game, MK2 outfits for all the ladies/ninjas, and MK1 outfits for Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, and Kano.

Unicorn

Well, I traded in a few games (including Mahvel) so my preorder is paid off. Can't wait for this game, even though my Gold is expired. Hopefully I'll get a job soon to play online and with GAF. Want this game now, but need an income as well.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Saw this on Polycount, neat fan project and super tiny specs (500 polys per character, 128 texture)

mk1group.jpg

kano1.gif
cage1.gif
liukang1.gif

raiden1.gif
reptile1.gif
scorpion1.gif

sonya1.gif
subzero1.gif

Top Bottom