• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"My Xbox 360 Died and I Lived to tell the story" Official Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
How many days did it take from calling for the coffin and getting a 360 back? (besides the extra part of you getting a broken one and having to go through the whole deal again)

Lets see,my original one died June 9th,I got the refurb broken one back like July 6th :lol This was before the longer wait.

Id have to go back and look at all my old emails and posts in this thread,but I believe thats how long it took.

voltron

Choabac said:
Hey man!

From memory, all 360 sku's were recalled, even the pre-owned ones. EB is no longer offering the ESA to new 360 owners, but they will still honour existing ESA's.

But what if you buy a 2nd hand/refurbished console from EB - are they covered by the 3 year warranty from MS, or is it a case by case basis?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
I hope I get that timing and not another broken 360. 4 weeks until Madden...don't mess with me MS!

Good luck,timing is so bad now :(

I have a special repair rep cause the refurb was broken returned to me and so far its not going any better.

Emails saying my 360 hasnt gotten to them :\ Called him today and he wasnt around,so hopefully he calls tomorrow.

I HAVENT HAD A WORKING 360 SINCE JUNE 9TH...WTF :lol

On the phone originally my rep told me the coffin would be overnighted to me,lol bs.It took 4 days to get to me.So Im thinking maybe the label inside is for overnight shipping back,nope the usual 3 day select.

Choabac

voltron said:
But what if you buy a 2nd hand/refurbished console from EB - are they covered by the 3 year warranty from MS, or is it a case by case basis?

To be honest I'm not sure. Maybe they are covered for 3 years from the date of manufacture of the console?

Matrix

Dm you should have FMT fix it :lol

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Dm you should have FMT fix it :lol

060203_marino_hmed_930a.hmedium.jpg

Matrix

:lol

So I give Bob a month or less till he joins us.

Good to hear that the Falcon is going into 360's pretty soon. Looks like I'm going to have to send mine in a little before that though. Wish I could hold out but if my 360 is having problems when Halo 3 comes out I'll flip.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Its going to be hard for his system to overheat when he hasn't played it since 2005!

:lol

The system has been known to sometimes die on people who havent played it in a long time.They turn it on and bam "red rings of death."

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I HAVENT HAD A WORKING 360 SINCE JUNE 9TH...WTF :lol
First filed June 8th and I'm still waiting. :lol

DM: that's what you get...now I get to taunt YOU about your 360! Karma, baby!

Sorry you won't be in the APF league, buddy...I'll gladly take your draft spot! 1 spot up, yeah!

68iagx2.jpg

66vpspk.jpg

Matrix

I just looked at my first email,I filed the 8th too :lol and my friends list looks like that :(

Roxas

i didnt even get a damn coffin, i had to box it all up myself. Its now been....approximately 23 days since i sent it away and havent heard a word from them since. I even called them yesterday and was told they had no information on it other than that they had recieved my Xbox.

****ing useless

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So i resurrected my RROD 360 and it worked for awhile. It still boots and runs video/XBLA games, but as soon as I run a 360 game it locks up with vertical lines and sometimes checkerboards about a minute into play. I've given up and just want the RROD back (as I can't even play any games). Should I just leave it running all day?

alr1ghtstart said:
So i resurrected my RROD 360 and it worked for awhile. It still boots and runs video/XBLA games, but as soon as I run a 360 game it locks up with vertical lines and sometimes checkerboards about a minute into play. I've given up and just want the RROD back (as I can't even play any games). Should I just leave it running all day?
it's done.
call ms.

Matrix

According to an email they got my 360 at the service center and its says 4-6 weeks.**** that,my repair rep is going to have fun listening to me when he calls.

Since June 8th no console and they expect me to wait another month or more :lol

rs7k

Of course, I'm not going to send it in since I don't like the idea of waiting longer for another refurb than the time I've spend with this refurb.

Zep

Banned
tracked down my UPS man at the jail house...said, "dammit, another one?!"

Seriously...after this holiday season, Im done with MS. Forever.

I dont understand why MS cant send out a refurb when they see your original system has been sent. Doesnt that make sense?!

Matrix

Or if you have been f-ed over more than once,why cant they just send a new unit or ONE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!

voltron

Holy crap, after sending my box to Microsoft to get repaired on Monday, I got on email yesterday saying they had received it. I awake this morning to another email informing me hteyve shipped it back already. All this in 2-3 days isnt bad at all. I guess the issue now is how long (if ever) will it be before I have to send it off again...

Matrix

:eek:

wtf thats just wtf

Is this your first broken one?

DMczaf

voltron said:
Holy crap, after sending my box to Microsoft to get repaired on Monday, I got on email yesterday saying they had received it. I awake this morning to another email informing me hteyve shipped it back already. All this in 2-3 days isnt bad at all. I guess the issue now is how long (if ever) will it be before I have to send it off again...

:O

I hope mine is just as fast.

Matrix

Thats some f-ing bs.

I better get the same email today >_<

My repair rep didnt even call me back after I left him a message,my luck he went on vacation.

Rorschach

voltron said:
....WHAT THE ****!?

Ok, now I'm getting angry...

My repair rep didnt even call me back after I left him a message,my luck he went on vacation.
That's just super. MS hates us. Watch DM get his back the same day.

voltron

Matrix said:
:eek:

wtf thats just wtf

Is this your first broken one?

Yep. Launch box just over a year old.

We have received your Xbox at our service center. It is our priority to

process your Xbox in a timely manner and to get it back to you as good as

new. We will contact you as soon as we are finished so you can get ready to

get back into the game!

Note: This is not a monitored e-mail address.

Your Xbox Video Game system has been shipped! You can expect to receive it in 2-5 days. Thank you for your patience and get ready to get back into the action! Your shipping information is provided below for your reference:

Carrier Name: Australia Post
Carrier Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxx

Note: This is not a monitored e-mail address.

I couldnt believe it either. I was expecting a backlog of consoles to get to before mine even got touched.

Matrix

ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY MY 360 GAMES AND USE THE LIVE IM PAYING FOR!

I was pissed before,but what Voltron posted just doesnt make any sense and just takes me to a whole new level of anger >_<

"Australia Post "

Maybe that explains things,MS only hates us Americans.

Bildi

voltron said:
Yeah, it's pretty good in Australia. My first one which was a refurb replacement took 6 days, and the second one which was a repair of the refurb took about 8 days turnaround.

Although my first refurb only lasted six days. Then it died...

they need to open up a few more repair centers here in the US considering we have the largest install base here. one is clearly not cutting it right now.

Matrix

Hey Wicked,do you have a special repair rep like me since your refurb was busted too when you got it back?

kuYuri

I've posted earlier in this thread about my 360 in which the disc tray got screwed up. It's been about ten days since arriving at the repair center. After reading all the stories of people waiting as much as a month or more for their system, I'm pretty much expecting the same thing. :lol

It's too bad, because I recently ordered an HDTV for HD gaming.

Matrix

GhaleonEB said:
Better tonight than September 25, right?

....right?

:(

First timer?

GhaleonEB

Matrix said:
First timer?

Yup. My wife asks to check out a puzzle game demo I just downloaded. Freezes. It did that last night once, too.

Reboot. Boot up crashes. Turn off again.

Flashing red lights. Too bad the support center is closed. I'll be calling bright and early in the morning.

Matrix

Sorry dude and you're right,better that it happened now before Halo.

Hopefully you have better luck than some of us in here,one time is bad enough.

DMczaf

GhaleonEB said:

....right?

Boy am I glad they extended the three flashing red lights warranty.

It seems like the number of dead consoles rises daily these days on GAF...

4yrwwmq.jpg

"Escalation?!"

Matrix

It seems more launch units are dying,thats how I predicted yours was going to die soon Dm :lol Bob's is next.

Matrix said:
Hey Wicked,do you have a special repair rep like me since your refurb was busted too when you got it back?

yeah, but i had one before that and after i bitched about my refurb the same guy called me the next day asking me if i wanted to do another repair.

Matrix

WickedLaharl said:
yeah, but i had one before that and after i bitched about my refurb the same guy called me the next day asking me if i wanted to do another repair.

It doesnt seem to be speeding up the process at all,its like it's just someone to hold your hand and talk to you :\ I figured I would get my 360 back quicker this way.I'm not waiting 4-6 more weeks after I havent had one for over a month.

If you go into the official xbox.com broken 360's thread,people seem to be getting them back quicker going thru BBB and having them contact MS.

Rorschach

Oooooh....Australia. Ok, then...still, we have so many xboxen and there is a huge problem with them, so why not more than one repair center? Or, maybe, for us multiply scorned individuals, they could send us a refurb if they know they're gonna end up doing that anyway, as soon as we send them the borked one.

Matrix said:
I had a special repair rep aka "Dedicated repair agent" when the whole account fiasco happened. They don't really do anything, in my experience, except call you to tell you that nothing has been done. :lol

When she first called she gave me her number, but said I probably shouldn't even bother calling because she's hard to get a hold of and her work hours were only mon-fri 10-5. She was right. The one time I actually needed her, she wasn't available and I just called 18004myxbox.

[edit]
Matrix said:
It doesnt seem to be speeding up the process at all,its like it's just someone to hold your hand and talk to you :\ I figured I would get my 360 back quicker this way.I'm not waiting 4-6 more weeks after I havent had one for over a month.

If you go into the official xbox.com broken 360's thread,people seem to be getting them back quicker going thru BBB and having them contact MS.
:lol That's exactly what it was...and she was VERY condescending. There was nothing she actually did, though. My problem was fixed by B-rad and the regular call service.

Matrix

No wonder he didnt call me back...this is absurd :lol

B-rad set me up with this rep so i wouldnt have to wait on the phone for 3 hours,this was the day my broken refurb showed up.I'm thankful B-rad did that,but my rep said he would speed things up,overnight me a coffin and he didnt,so yea this isnt working :lol

edit- I just expected to get a refurb or new unit back much faster this time,cause they f-ed me over the first time.

voltron

GhaleonEB said:

....right?

Boy am I glad they extended the three flashing red lights warranty.

Absolutely. Like Ive saying Im quite happy with the timing of this. I 100% absolutely have to be ready to play for Bioshock so it seems like I should be in luck.

*touching, err, wood*

Top Bottom