• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natal = Kinect. E3 event of Cirque du Waggle, Space Ponchos and KINECTIMALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
And we thought Wii was a bad name. This is just horrid.

Green Scar said:
So Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Just Dance, Nintendogs and some licensed tat.

Fair enough.

Mm. My thoughts entirely, though unless there's something incredible about the implementation I can't see these being as successful as the games you list.

EDIT:

...and Kinectimals sounds like some great, lost '80s cartoon series promoting a range of Japanese toys :)

Amir0x

Banned
Wow hey the actual games revealed sound even more terrible than the LA Times shit.

So I'll repeat what I said there:

Oh hey what do you know shallow novelty games (tech demos?) no more elevated than Eye Toy diversions trying to eek out a living on Wii's grandma-and-grandpa casualware market.

I can no more get excited for these "games" (tech demos?) then I can about the tax code. More games for people who hate games. Sorry, Microsoft, I'm a hardcore gamer.

is ti just me, or does USA Today seem to always leak information the day before E3?

Why do companies keep giving USA Today early access to information and products?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
x4q5wo.gif

The future is ...Wii Sports

MrDaravon

Kinectimals :lol :lol

Star Wars stuff might be interesting, but this is all super casual stuff not really for us, so whatever.

Zilch said:
I don't understand why people are being so harsh on this.

Because this is GAF and people are gut-reacting without comprehending that this is the casual push going along with tonight's events, and not all of the games, nor the games they'll be pushing for the GAF crowd.

GDGF

Soothsayer
GDGF said:
This is going to be an interesting E3 :lol

...On the other hand, sounds like they might have snagged that Starwars lightsaber game everybody with a Wii wanted.

panda21

did microsoft hire the people who came up with ngage and gizmondo and give them free reign over the 360 or something?

KINECTIMALS and a smashed dvd player looking thing are the spoils of this beautiful union

Kolgar

There should be a voice-recognition game where contestants try to come up with a better name than Kinect and the answers go straight to MS HQ.

KingDizzi

Banned
•Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.

.........some genres are just not for motion control. :/

lockload

SailorDaravon said:
Kinectimals :lol :lol

Star Wars stuff might be interesting, but this is all super casual stuff not really for us, so whatever.

It will give some an excuse to buy a 360 'for the family' and play COD at night:lol

FrankT

•Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.

Kids will eat this up.

•Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.

I don't like what has happened here.

•Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.

Yes!

•Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.

Yea saw this earlier and perfect for the fam.

•Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.

Again kiddy stuff.

•Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.

Got to see it really.

Oh yea old man was right!

Also where be the price?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's like they're not even trying to hide their self-disgust. "Fuck, it. Make a virtual petting zoo. Call it Kinectimals for all I care. I'm going home to drink myself to death. Bye."

Sydle

Name is good. Better than Oculus. :p

I want Joyride, the adventure game, and the sports game. I'm curious to see what Microsoft is doing with Disney.

GQman2121

Banned
It's a bit odd that they don't mention in the opening paragraph that it's a camera for the 360. The author instead chooses to call it a "Its new system for the Xbox 360". If I wasn't already in the know, I would be confused.

Deadly Cyclone said:
I have seriously always wanted to choke a lion with my bare hands....

I'd rather go to Kenya and wander into a lion's den naked with a juicy bloody slab of zebra leg strapped to my stomach and try it myself before playing this shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom