• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natal = Kinect. E3 event of Cirque du Waggle, Space Ponchos and KINECTIMALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
expy said:
HDD and Wi-Fi were at $150 before. :lol
This. MS has overpriced every single add-on for the 360 already, this shouldn't be a surprise if Kinect is overpriced as well.

But still $150+ to play Kinectimals if too damn funny :lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, with Tigers in Kinectimals, can we reenact The Hangover? Or will one of you forget you left it on and walk into your living room like this...

hangover.jpg

and have a mini freak out when the tiger is staring at you?

DSK123

Neo Member
gofreak said:
With the right software any cam could do that. I'm sure Milo still will. And it's implied also in the 'live login' thing.
I guess I will wait till after the presentation, but it just seems so unsophisticated.

Konosuke

I think Natal sounds better. At least I don't have difficulty in saying it. I bet they removed the i in Kinetic to avoid a lawsuit from Sony :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
gumshoe said:
You honestly think Kinect is a better name than Wii??

yes. 100% yes. wii is another way of saying piss. wii. it fucking sucks. yes i'm used to it now, and its not so bad, but it is the worst name EVER in the videogame industry by far. much worse then playstation or dreamcast. waaay worse than kinect. i cant take anyone serious who says otherwise. wii.

well, Kinectimals is fucking atrocious too.

-PXG- said:
Mods should tag those who still defend Natal/ Kinect. That way, we know who the crazies/ loons are.
Defend what? We haven't seen anything. Or have you already judged the games based on some silly names and unsurprising genres?

-PXG-

Konosuke said:
I think Natal sounds better. At least I don't have difficulty in saying it. I bet they removed the i in Kinetic to avoid a lawsuit from Sony :lol

Yeah, because giving me images of pregnancy and child birth is really appealing....

watership

dallow_bg said:
189 is the price converted to dollars right?
So may be slightly cheaper in NA.

Still, can't believe it's even over $100.

We don't know how much its going to cost. This is all rumour and 3rd tier speculation.

Narcosis

Goddamn, between this Kinect stuff, Sony's discoball move wands and the Nintendo finger trap this E3 could be the stuff of legends!

-viper- said:
Sad thing is that I bet this will sell like hotcakes.

To who, though?
The target audience likely already has a Wii, and it's doubtful they'll want to throw down more money on stuff they can already get on the Wii.
The hardcore audience, as you can see, already thinks it's a joke...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
dumb80.jpeg

"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

gofreak said:
189 is nothing but a far-fetched rumour.

Given that the Sony Move starter pack is expected to be sub $100, and that includes the PSEye, the move controller, a starter game (and the subcontroller??), I can't see this approaching $100.

I call crap rumor.

jax (old)

Banned
dallow_bg said:
189 is the price converted to dollars right?
So may be slightly cheaper in NA.

Still, can't believe it's even over $100.

at $189, that's just sent to die. Its a peripheral at best.

the bundle price with slim had better be pretty fucking competitive.

and

that name... still... :lol :lol :lol

Vamphuntr

firehawk12 said:
I take it that there's no live stream of this event because it's on TV?

It's not live on TV. It's recorded and will be broadcasted on the 15th I think. The event is liveblogged around the net though.

I haven't read every single post, but from the first few / last few pages, I wanted to chime in as apparently the only one: I think the name is great. It conjures up both "connect" and "kinetic," which is so perfect for what they're trying to do with this device that it must have blown corporate minds when it was pitched. It's also catchy and not nearly as on-the-face stupid as "Wii" (though I think we all have to admit Nintendo has done an incredible job of making "Wii" sound like a real word).

Edit: holy crap $189?

JBaird

Banned
$189 is a bit high, but it may end up being cheaper than Move since you won't have to buy any controllers to have 4 player games. You would need up to 8 controllers with Move to have 4 player games if you want to play the full game and not the gimped 1 controller play.

To have 4 players on Wii it would cost $120 to buy 3 extra controllers.

I'm not trying to justify the price, but in respect to other motion alternatives it's not that far out in price.

Loudninja

sonycowboy said:
Given that the Sony Move starter pack is expected to be sub $100, and that includes the PSEye, the move controller, a starter game (and the subcontroller??), I can't see this approaching $100.

I call crap rumor.

Wow sonycowboy long time no see.BTW I though that was for the Move only?

mantidor

kaskade said:
When I first read the story I quickly read it as kinetic not kinect. I thought the first one sounded cooler.

this is what I'm thinking, the name is confusing. I still don't like the Wii name but it was so obvious why it was chosen, kinect doesn't carry the same accessibility.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tkawsome said:
Hm, my guide is telling me MTV is airing True Life and the Movie Awards until 10. When does it start?

Ah, from major nelson:

Tuesday, June 15th at 3:30 PM on MTV, and at 9:00 PM on Nick at Nite, MTVu, MTV Hits, and Logo.

They're not even airing it live apparently. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom