• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natal = Kinect. E3 event of Cirque du Waggle, Space Ponchos and KINECTIMALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sonycowboy said:
Given that the Sony Move starter pack is expected to be sub $100, and that includes the PSEye, the move controller, a starter game (and the subcontroller??), I can't see this approaching $100.

I call crap rumor.

holy crap is this your first post in like years??

slider

Price is too high (and yep, it's just a rumour afaik) so waiting for software. I'm sure there'll be something there that grabs me. I already love cats so...

lifeinthefridge said:
If it's trutly 189 bucks, they are sending this out to die

nm1378.jpg

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
sonycowboy said:
Given that the Sony Move starter pack is expected to be sub $100, and that includes the PSEye, the move controller, a starter game (and the subcontroller??), I can't see this approaching $100.

I call crap rumor.
Wow, where the heck have you been? Good to see ya! :)

Haunted

sonycowboy said:

I call crap rumor.
*looks at name* :eek:

schuelma said:
holy crap is this your first post in like years??
5 seconds on google sez January 2010, August 2009, July 2007 for the last three posts.

firehawk12 said:
Ah, from major nelson:

Tuesday, June 15th at 3:30 PM on MTV, and at 9:00 PM on Nick at Nite, MTVu, MTV Hits, and Logo.

They're not even airing it live apparently. :lol

Lame. Thanks for the info.

JBaird said:
$189 is a bit high, but it may end up being cheaper than Move since you won't have to buy any controllers to have 4 player games. You would need up to 8 controllers with Move to have 4 player games if you want to play the full game and not the gimped 1 controller play.

To have 4 players on Wii it would cost $120 to buy 3 extra controllers.

I'm not trying to justify the price, but in respect to other motion alternatives it's not that far out in price.
Someone totally predicted this post would happen in the first Natal thread :lol.

So what if Sony wants to release a "Move Kinect" type of fitness game, will they be infringing on the MS patent? I mean they had EyeToy Kinect before, but they might not have trademarked the name or they might've and this is a case of two completely different products.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
JBaird said:
$189 is a bit high, but it may end up being cheaper than Move since you won't have to buy any controllers to have 4 player games. You would need up to 8 controllers with Move to have 4 player games if you want to play the full game and not the gimped 1 controller play.

To have 4 players on Wii it would cost $120 to buy 3 extra controllers.
It begins.

UNLEASH THE TAGS! :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AranhaHunter said:
So what if Sony wants to release a "Move Kinetic" type of fitness game, will they be infringing on the MS patent? I mean they had EyeToy Kinetic before, but they might not have trademarked the name or they might've and this is a case of two completely different products.

Kinect != Kinetic

So no.

chubigans said:
Wow, where the heck have you been? Good to see ya! :)

Startup company (well, not quite so startup anymore) and two young children...

I still browse almost daily, just haven't been engaged in the industry for some time now.

-PXG-

Can I hold Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo or Evilore responsible if I have a stroke or aneurysm while browsing GAF this week?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
sonycowboy said:
Startup company (well, not quite so startup anymore) and two young children...

I still browse almost daily, just haven't been engaged in the industry for some time now.
Ah, well that's cool. Best of luck!

mj1108

firehawk12 said:
Ah, from major nelson:

Tuesday, June 15th at 3:30 PM on MTV, and at 9:00 PM on Nick at Nite, MTVu, MTV Hits, and Logo.

They're not even airing it live apparently. :lol

Gotta be able to edit it down to the parts that work.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AranhaHunter said:
I spelled it wrong in my post and edited it, but to be clear, Natal's new name != the eyetoy fitness game name?

Correct. Kinect is a makey-uppy word that's mean to evoke 'kinetic', but it's not the same word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom