• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog teases profound accomplishment in Last of Us 2

They took the quick-time events out of the game and it will feature new and creative gameplay mechanics in their place? No?

Dacon

Banned
I love Naughty Dog games, but I'm getting a little tired of seeing ND jerk themselves off on twitter. Stop talking about all the great things you're doing and just show us or stfu.

KINDERFELD

Banned
It runs at a locked Native 4k @ 60fps? ;)

That would certainly be incredible but I think its going to be something like "a moving, realistic and relatable gay romance" or something to that effect.

Its something I've always wanted to see in video games.

Last edited:

Cleared_Hot

ND threads are generally bound to receive a fair amount of negativity as they are successful, great at what they do, and like in any mature medium are not just there for
mindless entertainment (right now in similar threads with different people involved posters would be optimistic and specilating ahead from any limited info available... imagine a Spencer thread or when Scorpio was announced with a video... while I have seen a rapid amount of drive by jokes at best...), but I think you are being overly negative.
As if they were the only ones posting such “excited headlines” in Twitter... but being ND this seems to mean that no matter the news this becomes an identity politics / social issues conflicts battleground using random personal tweets as fuel.
Pretentious af dude. This site is about gaming and we aren't seeing much in terms of gaming, just storytelling ...

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That would certainly be incredible but I think its going to be something like "a moving, realistic and relatable gay romance" or something to that effect.

Its something I've always wanted to see in video games.

Oh I know I was joking as I love their games.

rəddəM

They animated someone taking their shirt off, with physics based fabric.

GOTY 2019.
Could be, in a specific cutscene. They showed improved clothing when Emily lifted Anna's shirt and with Ellie's shirt in the gameplay demo.
Can't wait for 2028 when physics based fabric is a thing.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Pretentious af dude. This site is about gaming and we aren't seeing much in terms of gaming, just storytelling ...

I do not believe it is that bad, story telling is part of gaming and I have never thought about ND not being able to deliver great gameplay.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned

This is your first warning

Calling this game pretentious is bit much isn't it?

The first game won numerous GOTY award from many gaming website so obviously your opinion doesn't align with majority reviewers

Next time cool your head first before you came over here

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This is your first warning

Calling this game pretentious is bit much isn't it?

The first game won numerous GOTY award from many gaming website so obviously your opinion doesn't align with majority reviewers

Next time cool your head first before you came over here

I can't tell if you are being satirical...

Fuz

Banned
Not talking about this specific case, but "majority reviewers" and "gaming websites" have absolutely ZERO value and credibility nowadays.

caffeware

Banned
so last of us 2 is going to have an entire chapter of xbox 360 vs ps3 and then one person interjects during the bar scene saying that the wii was also a part of the same generation with both characters telling that third person to shut up? If so, count me in Sony

Neogaf: The Game

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Being satirical for what reason may I asked you?

"This is your first warning" - You are not a mod, nor are you an admin. You have no right to give anyone warnings.

"Calling this game pretentious is a bit much isn't it?" - The user was not calling the game pretentious, but the post made by the user.

"The first game won numerous GOTY award from many gaming website so obviously your opinion doesn't align with majority reviewers" - Reviewers also gave Dragon Age II game of the year awards and high scores, yet it was hated by many players. Doesn't mean reviewers are correct. Let alone the fact that the gaming press is about as untrustworthy as Nixon.

"Next time cool your head first before you came over here" - The only one who needs to cool their head is you. You are greatly over reacting to their post.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Not talking about this specific case, but "majority reviewers" and "gaming websites" have absolutely ZERO value and credibility nowadays.

Ah I see, so let me guess then they should've quit their job since what they're doing don't actually matter at all...have no value and have no credibility am I correct yes?

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
"This is your first warning" - You are not a mod, nor are you an admin. You have no right to give anyone warnings.

"Calling this game pretentious is a bit much isn't it?" - The user was not calling the game pretentious, but the post made by the user.

"The first game won numerous GOTY award from many gaming website so obviously your opinion doesn't align with majority reviewers" - Reviewers also gave Dragon Age II game of the year awards and high scores, yet it was hated by many players. Doesn't mean reviewers are correct. Let alone the fact that the gaming press is about as untrustworthy as Nixon.

"Next time cool your head first before you came over here" - The only one who needs to cool their head is you. You are greatly over reacting to their post.

Ooh...

I see..

I see...

Indeed...

I'm so..so sorry about that then...

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Whenever I see people suggest a game for the PlayStation 4, The Last of Us is generally on that list. If we were to go by the opinions of people on NeoGAF, you would think the Last of Us is one of the worst video games ever made, or just a complete walking experience with no gameplay at all.

I've played the Last of Us, and anyone who says it's nothing more than just walking simulator or a movie are just looking to spread the same fanboy nonsense that we've been hearing for years. . People on here will flat out tell you that they hate the emotional cinematic experience that Sony provides with their exclusives, but what these people fail to mention this that MOST triple A games today have this.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Ah I see, so let me guess then they should've quit their job since what they're doing don't actually matter at all...have no value and have no credibility am I correct yes?
They’re doing their job perfectly well. Their job is to get clicks in order to generate advertising revenue.

Winding people up with culture war stuff generates far more engagement than parroting game dev PR statements and requires far less effort than doing actual journalism.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
you don't need to throw fancy words at me. their gameplay shows what kind of "Games" they make. thats my last word on this.

"i dont agree with you. thus your trolling". I'd let go of that ideology.

I have a fraustration against naughty dog because they are slowly seeping all the fun out of the games that sony computer entertainment makes since the creation of WWS.. i dont need my games to be lifetime movies.

According to GAFLogic, having a negative opinion about a Sony exclusive is considering trolling.

But talking negative about Xbox One and “the lack of exclusives” etc is ok.

MDSLKTR

Jesus christ people... technical achievement.
What we play video games for, something should we be all excited for. Yeah it's just a tweet that shouldnt even be news or warrant a thread but, as usual, the whole circus is active like in every ND thread on here now. It's unbearable.

Airbus Jr

Banned
According to GAFLogic, having a negative opinion about a Sony exclusive is considering trolling.

Let me remind you again on your earlier post saying ps gamers are sheep and they will goble up anything Sony put at them

And you accusing that Sony is guilty for helding back technology advancement ( weird reason)

You're not entirely immune to famboyism either hotshot

Last edited:
Jesus christ people... technical achievement.
What we play video games for, something should we be all excited for. Yeah it's just a tweet that shouldnt even be news or warrant a thread but, as usual, the whole circus is active like in every ND thread on here now. It's unbearable.
i mean theres a thread dedicated to Hideki Kamiya tweeting he wants to buy a copy of Forza 1 & 2 so id hope something tweeted by real developers merit a thread.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Let me remind you again on your earlier post saying ps gamers are sheep and they will goble up anything Sony put at them

And you accusing that Sony is guilty for helding back technology advancement ( weird reason)

You're not entirely immune to famboyism either hotshot

Funny thing is, I have arguments to back it up. I could post them again for a trillion time, but you can read my post history perfectly fine so I guess that won’t be necessary

Airbus Jr

Banned
Funny thing is, I have arguments to back it up. I could post them again for a trillion time, but you can read my post history perfectly fine so I guess that won’t be necessary

What kind of argument you can back up when you saying something like ps gamers are sheep and will swalllow whatever sony throw at them and Sony are guilty for helding back technology advancement?

That is one of the most garbage fanboy crap I've heard for years

Along with that stupid poster that keep saying that Blu Ray are worthless and guilty for helding back HD DVD by bribing movie and videogame company

Maybe you're getting used to and having a good time visiting Xbox places like CrapGamerReview but don't bring that attitude here

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Xbox fans were the ones who said "PS4 has no games" because they lacked exclusives.

The biggest complaint about the Xbox is because of the lack of exclusives (saying Xbox has no games is nothing more than fanboy stuff). But think about it. MS goes out on a spending spree for studios, knowing they need more games, but Xbox fanboys say everything is fine and that they have enough games. This alone proves Xbox One lacks exclusives\console exclusive games.

On the other hand, Xbox fanboys say Sony only cares about single player games and lack multiplayer titles and how they're tired of the cinematic experience.

Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider (timed exclusive) , Gears of War 4, Gears of War 5, Halo 5 all have single player cinematic experiences, yet Xbox fanboys on here are silent on here when it comes to bashing these types of games the same way they do PS exclusives. But based on your posts alone, it doesn't surprise me that you will not say anything against the cinematic games MS provides.

Last edited:
Xbox fans were the ones who said "PS4 has no games" because they lacked exclusives.

The biggest complaint about the Xbox is because of the lack of exclusives (saying Xbox has no games is nothing more than fanboy stuff). But think about it. MS goes out on a spending spree for studios, knowing they need more games, but Xbox fanboys say everything is fine and that they have enough games. This alone proves Xbox One lacks exclusives\console exclusive games.

On the other hand, Xbox fanboys say Sony only cares about single player games and lack multiplayer titles and how they're tired of the cinematic experience.

Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider (timed exclusive) , Gears of War 4, Gears of War 5, Halo 5 all have single player cinematic experiences, yet Xbox fanboys on here are silent on here when it comes to bashing these types of games the same way they do PS exclusives. But based on your posts alone, it doesn't surprise me that you will not say anything against the cinematic games MS provides.

Screw fanboyism. Xbox had better exclusives around launch hands down and now thats changed, hands down. Sony has more cinematic games easily, Quantum break is the only game on that list that actually meets that criteria. The difference between these two consoles has basically ALWAYS been multiplayer vs singleplayer. You want dope ass competitive multiplayer, well than Halo, Gears, Forza, halo wars, sea of thieves, state of decay etc. got you covered. You want amazing story and adventure than have some Last of Us, Uncharted, Knack, Bloodborne, Detroit: Become human etc.. Like how are people still arguing over this shit...

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Mate, stop with the console warring. You do it just as much as you claim everyone else does.

Whenever I see people suggest a game for the PlayStation 4, The Last of Us is generally on that list. If we were to go by the opinions of people on NeoGAF, you would think the Last of Us is one of the worst video games ever made, or just a complete walking experience with no gameplay at all.

I've played the Last of Us, and anyone who says it's nothing more than just walking simulator or a movie are just looking to spread the same fanboy nonsense that we've been hearing for years. . People on here will flat out tell you that they hate the emotional cinematic experience that Sony provides with their exclusives, but what these people fail to mention this that MOST triple A games today have this.

There are plenty of people here who love the game, some that like it, and some that hate it. As for "most triple A games", I would heavily disagree with that. It is, maybe, 20% of the AAA market.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Screw fanboyism. Xbox had better exclusives around launch hands down and now thats changed, hands down. Sony has more cinematic games easily, Quantum break is the only game on that list that actually meets that criteria. The difference between these two consoles has basically ALWAYS been multiplayer vs singleplayer. You want dope ass competitive multiplayer, well than Halo, Gears, Forza, halo wars, sea of thieves, state of decay etc. got you covered. You want amazing story and adventure than have some Last of Us, Uncharted, Knack, Bloodborne, Detroit: Become human etc.. Like how are people still arguing over this shit...

GT Sport, MLB Street Fighter etc are not multiplayer game?

You might wanna check the active players of FIFA, or Batlefield or any multiplayer game on PC vs Xbox vs Playstation

The numbers on PlayStation easily dwarfs the other side

This narratives of Sony gamers don't play multiplayer game is simply outdated and boring

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Screw fanboyism. Xbox had better exclusives around launch hands down and now thats changed, hands down. Sony has more cinematic games easily, Quantum break is the only game on that list that actually meets that criteria. The difference between these two consoles has basically ALWAYS been multiplayer vs singleplayer. You want dope ass competitive multiplayer, well than Halo, Gears, Forza, halo wars, sea of thieves, state of decay etc. got you covered. You want amazing story and adventure than have some Last of Us, Uncharted, Knack, Bloodborne, Detroit: Become human et. should be enough. Like how are people still arguing over this shit...

Quantum Break is the only game?

No, that's being dishonest. Gears and Halo BOTH have cinematic stories. Look at the new Gears of War 5 trailer. It's a story based cinematic trailer.

Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Lost Legacy (same connect MP with UC4), MLB The Show, GT Sport are all multiplayer titles. The reason why people are still arguing because people clearly don't know what they're talking about.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Mate, stop with the console warring. You do it just as much as you claim everyone else does.

There are plenty of people here who love the game, some that like it, and some that hate it. As for "most triple A games", I would heavily disagree with that. It is, maybe, 20% of the AAA market.

Triple A action adventure games.

Tomb Raider, Farcry, Halo, Gears, Final Fantasy, Read Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 2, Batman, Watchdogs, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto.

Edit: Lets not forget the fighting games.

Mortal Kombat X, Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Street Fighter V.. You can be sure MK11 will have one too.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Depends on the opinion, it varies and is debatable.
Most are very similar to Michaels

So nothing there's nothing to discuss other then to assume they are trolling
But "lack of exclusives" is a closed comment and there's nothing to debate about it plus its more of a fact rather the opinion when it comes to MS at this present stage.
Now MS does have some good exclusives but in comparison to other platforms the above comment is true.

Last edited:
It's obviously smell-o-vision included so you can experience immersive armpit funk.

I'm guessing something else with the body damage systems.

GT Sport, MLB Street Fighter etc are not multiplayer game?

You might wanna check the active players of FIFA, or Batlefield or any multiplayer game on PC vs Xbox vs Playstation

The numbers on PlayStation easily dwarfs the other side

This narratives of Sony gamers don't play multiplayer game is simply outdated and boring
Dude im not saying that, im saying that xbox focuses more on multiplayer than it does its singleplayer. Stop finding a reason to be upset.

Quantum Break is the only game?

No, that's being dishonest. Gears and Halo BOTH have cinematic stories. Look at the new Gears of War 5 trailer. It's a story based cinematic trailer.

Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Lost Legacy (same connect MP with UC4), MLB The Show, GT Sport are all multiplayer titles. The reason why people are still arguing because people clearly don't know what they're talking about.
Just because a game has a cutscene at the start and end of a level doesn't make it a cinematic game. idgaf if a game uses cutscenes for stories. If your games 10% cutscene 90% gameplay (Halo/Gears) your not cinematic, your just another fucking game. Quantum break has fucking hours of cutscenes. UC and Last of us's multiplayer are not on the same level as Gear or Halo just like neither on par for story. I mean Gears and Halo have tournaments held regularly by Microsoft, hell theres one for Halo going on this very minute. Gears 5 looks sick AF, you obviously havnt played Gears 4 if you think they're going shy away from their gameplay.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Just because a game has a cutscene at the start and end of a level doesn't make it a cinematic game. idgaf if a game uses cutscenes for stories. If your games 10% cutscene 90% gameplay (Halo/Gears) your not cinematic, your just another fucking game. Quantum break has fucking hours of cutscenes. UC and Last of us's multiplayer are not on the same level as Gear or Halo just like neither on par for story. I mean Gears and Halo have tournaments held regularly by Microsoft, hell theres one for Halo going on this very minute. Gears 5 looks sick AF, you obviously havnt played Gears 4 if you think they're going shy away from their gameplay.

More fanboyish. Just because a game has tournaments, that doesn't mean one game is more technically competitive more than the other.

Anyone who has played Last of Us multiplayer knows it's a tactical shooter. Having played Gears multiplayer in the past (I've played 1-3) I would argue that Last of Us multiplayer is more difficult to learn. People who tried to counter this point didn't say much other than saying, "It's in tournaments" or "it's a tacked on multiplayer."

Gears of War 4 is just under 10 hours long
Last of Us is nearly is around 13.

Gears of War 4 cut-scenes is nearly as long as Last of Us, and Last of Us is a longer game. Being a cinematic story does have a lot of do with cut-scenes, especially if there's an actual story involved.

People who use the argument "Halo and Gears tournaments are held regularly" as proof makes me believe people don't know what they're talking about.

The Alien

Banned
Trust me, its the most insane thing you could possibly think of.....but 15x more amazing than that. Seriously its epic and insane.

I'm not gonna tell u what it is, I just wanted to post about it to let u know that I know.

Did I mention its epic?

They finally figured how to create good gameplay in their games. No matter how ND try, they can't create world as big and detailed as Rdr2

More fanboyish. Just because a game has tournaments, that doesn't mean one game is more technically competitive more than the other.

Anyone who has played Last of Us multiplayer knows it's a tactical shooter. Having played Gears multiplayer in the past (I've played 1-3) I would argue that Last of Us multiplayer is more difficult to learn. People who tried to counter this point didn't say much other than saying, "It's in tournaments" or "it's a tacked on multiplayer."

Gears of War 4 is just under 10 hours long
Last of Us is nearly is around 13.

Gears of War 4 cut-scenes is nearly as long as Last of Us, and Last of Us is a longer game. Being a cinematic story does have a lot of do with cut-scenes, especially if there's an actual story involved.

People who use the argument "Halo and Gears tournaments are held regularly" as proof makes me believe people don't know what they're talking about.
nah dude your right, xbox just fucking sucks, go sony. done talking to you. you disagree with anything pro xbox.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
anyone that says uncharted or TLOU is more fun as a game than crash bandicoot for example is quite misleading. you might be enjoying the story. but the gameplay isn't there .its a simple third person shooter skeleton

Disagreed. The core gameplay to TLoU was fantastic, the issue was that there was so little of it in the core campaign. The MP was absolutely brilliant though as it took what was amazing and focused down on it.

Top Bottom