• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

alext5

Neo Member
Just got this framed!

vTTxlG9.jpg

Where did you get the picture and the frame ? Was it expensive ?

I am not sure where to find this stuff.

shawnlreed

Nick Suttner's book on Shadow of the Colossus is great. I've been a fan of his since the 1UP days and the 1UP FM podcast.
I also obtained the original bag that stores had to carry the Shadow of the Colossus PS2 collector's edition in Japan.
I've been hunting for that weird peice of memorabilia for a long time.

26600543986_bd1197ae7c_c.jpg

Mcdohl

There was a little-known official revision of the GBA SP with a backlit screen, called the AGS-101. Example, compared to the standard frontlit model:

These two GBAs I now own have screens taken from AGS 101s. The result is basically this, which I consider to be the best way to play GBA games, hands down:

In other news...the guy who did my backlit DMG kindly took my request for a backlit pocket to replace the one that got stolen. Picked it up yesterday, it's glorious:

and here's the entire set so far of backlit modded consoles...GBC not pictured, as there's no backlit mod available for that yet sadly (although experiments are happening apparently). Also, it's probably obvious, but each console has those sweet scratchproof glass lens replacements:

Is the dude doing those mods up for hire?

Those handhelds look DOPE!

Some new stuff for April

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Asia edition finally arrived from Play-Asia! Can't wait to try out soft engine :D
IRRiSob.jpg

Never got into Jordan stuff when I was younger (mainly because I couldn't afford it). But now that I have some disosible income, I thought it would be nice to make the plunge. Hoodie, exercise top/bottom, and Jordan 9's low. Personally, I like the look of the 9 as it doesn't look too flashy for everyday wear.
0vIYWHT.jpg

C4AZvCI.jpg

7wcPc7e.jpg

Lastly, a Supreme Mesh Varsity Jacket. First ever Supreme purchase and I think I may be hooked. The stuff is pricey though damn.
dhujOML.jpg

Serohiro

Neo Member
Burnout Paradise

QW7aJAw.jpg

I had a copy but sold it years ago. Now it's finally back in the collection.

Best arcade Racer of all time. First game I can remember that kept realising huge dlc for free for about a year or two. By the end they even added bikes.

Serohiro

Neo Member
Burnout Paradise

QW7aJAw.jpg

Best arcade racer of all time. Might be the first game that kept realising huge dlc for free for about a year or two after release. By the end they even added bikes.

Serohiro

Neo Member
Burnout Paradise

QW7aJAw.jpg

Best arcade racer of all time. The first game I can remember that kept realising huge dlc for free for about a year or two. By the end they even released bikes.

Jigolo

Pretty expensive month for me

Intel NUC

Last 3 volumes that I needed. My collection is now complete so far

From 8gb to 64gb. Feels good

Ratchet & Clank is fantastic

Mousepad. sometimes I like the cushion sometimes I don't

Hard cover copy of one of my favorite books, The Alchemist

Star Wars Episode 7 for 0 bones so why not?

Locitech MX Master, this thing is dope

Housemarque the legendz

Rockstar the legendz x2

Aqua Blue Vita.
Shin Dynasty Warriors Gundam
32GB Memory card.

All for less than the price of a new "starter kit" vita. Though I did want an orange one, this was cheaper and in pristine condition for a used unit.

Currently downloading my ps1 collections and digimon :)

ta155

Added a nice and varied trio to my Blu-Ray collection. Love the bonus features for TFA and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed The Good Dinosaur.

20160428_173023.jpg

Have continued to rebuild the Xbox 360 collection I sold when I traded the console in towards my PS4. Only buying stuff that's backwards compatible at the moment. Got this lot to add to Halo Reach, Wars and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for £17 in CEX.

20160428_173103.jpg

My Infinity collection continues to grow. I now have the entire Inside Out gang...

20160428_173153.jpg

...and this guy! Might be my favourite figure of the 40+ I think I own at this point.

20160428_173221.jpg

Final pickup for the months is a US copy of Ratchet and Clank. Bought on eBay, still wrapped and for £23 including postage - bargain!

20160428_173251.jpg

Next month it'll be Uncharted 4, still debating which version to get...

Courtesy of Amazon Japan. This came with a bonus B5 clear file.

3F825EE0-33D0-4FB2-A699-2D89F8F36B47_zpsk60k4dw6.jpg

FA844925-7BC7-416E-9D37-280F10690204_zpsbqwxuht4.jpg

Pins that come with the LE OST:
3AAE1AA7-1B38-4DD4-AA20-69FC1399EED8_zpswtu3qa7f.jpg

Even the CD booklet is dual colored:
DBE9B1ED-4CB4-42FE-A4A7-4F3F47ADDFD8_zpspvzkdli1.jpg

DE38A420-22DB-45B4-BF53-5854F50E1E14_zpsgrqx5irw.jpg

Case artwork:
ABE5D571-F37A-47A3-83EE-394C7397EC49_zps5kec2pqd.jpg

All the CDs:
08463AA4-E199-4363-BDFB-DEA8A874C808_zpscbgtc77p.jpg

Strike

DSCN1691_zpsxrdrdyqt.jpg

Decided to splurge a little bit once word out that DS carts were going out of production. Still don't have a DS/3DS yet, but I thought now would be a good time as any to pick up some of these titles I've had my eye on while they're still easy to find.

DSCN1692_zpsqnnrnyzj.jpg

Got this from the Best Buy sale.

DSCN1693_zps4ihka9re.jpg

Found this for a good price on eBay. Slowly working towards completing the whole set.

Decider

These two GBAs I now own have screens taken from AGS 101s. The result is basically this, which I consider to be the best way to play GBA games, hands down:

May I ask where you got your GBAs and other backlit Game Boys from? I'm especially interested if they have real AGS-101 screens and not the clones that people were circulating a while ago.

I have a Rose Colored Gaming Gunmental backlit GBA and I'm really unhappy with the finish on the casing and some rusting on the EXT port, so I'm looking for something a bit cleaner!

Rich!

May I ask where you got your GBAs and other backlit Game Boys from? I'm especially interested if they have real AGS-101 screens and not the clones that people were circulating a while ago.

I have a Rose Colored Gaming Gunmental backlit GBA and I'm really unhappy with the finish on the casing and some rusting on the EXT port, so I'm looking for something a bit cleaner!

Damn, RCG is a pet hate of mine. Overpriced, not to the standard they pertain to and terrible customer service.

I got my two gbas from a private seller here on GAF who had two seemingly just lying around. They're definitely 101 screens.

The other GB consoles are from a local modder who lives near me, but you really can't go wrong with any seller with a high level of good feedback on eBay.

Tamanator

Buys.jpg

Here's my gaming haul of April. Some new and old classics. Pretty much finishes off the games I want in my DS library which is a nice feeling.

Some stuff from Japan!

And lastly, the grand prize, I finally managed to get my hands on a collector's edition for Final Fantasy Type-0, which is one of the best collector's editions I have ever seen. And it's ****ing huge, man!

gratz! I love how stupidly gorgeous that thing is!

16849015926_d7468c4395_h.jpg

Lit by the dying sun on the day we experienced a Solar Eclipse, 20th of March, 2015.

Some of the usual pickups this month:

W3ASsMu.jpg

And for something completely different:

xr9FygD.jpg

Its a Williams cabinet mostly gutted but the coin mechanism and coin box are still there, plus the monitor transformer. I am trying to identify which game it originally housed, likely it was Defender. My plan was to turn it in to a Mame cabinet but seeing how much is still there, I hope to make it a Robotron cabinet instead.

Decider

Damn, RCG is a pet hate of mine. Overpriced, not to the standard they pertain to and terrible customer service.

I got my two gbas from a private seller here on GAF who had two seemingly just lying around. They're definitely 101 screens.

The other GB consoles are from a local modder who lives near me, but you really can't go wrong with any seller with a high level of good feedback on eBay.

Thanks... the hunt begins again! I've checked out eBay sellers that say they use authentic Nintendo screens but I'm really not sure if they're genuine or not. I don't doubt that they believe the screens to be genuine but unless they were salvaged from an AGS-101 unit, I'm not so sure.

Lace

Got a big Nintendo package from Amazon Japan today. Thumbs up to them for insanely quick delivery and amazing packaging.

Fire Emblem Fates - Original Soundtrack:

Pokémon Red & Green Super Music Collection (features FRLG OST too):

Pokémon Green/Red/Blue/Yellow physical boxes for 3DS:
What's up with this Amazon Japan I'm seeing throughout this page? Do they now import games to US? I'm guessing if they do the shipping is pretty hefty.

Taker34

Banned
imageymygq.jpg

Some games I have recently purchased with my favorites being Digimon and Ratchet. The Staw Wars TFA and PlayStation 20th anniversary Steelbooks look fantastic.
image9aygs.jpeg

While not being able to post actual pictures, this is my biggest investment in quite a while. The costume should be delivered at the end of the year. I plan to join the 501st German garrison, so I can help with charity work. Nothing's better than putting a smile on the face of children and fans of Star Wars. I think it's great to have such an opportunity to make other people happy and actively doing something for a good cause.

I wish you best of luck. I completed the collection aeons ago, and to see someone try and get it now is crazy.

DSCN1693_zps4ihka9re.jpg

Found this for a good price on eBay. Slowly working towards completing the whole set.

Yeah good luck. I think sets 6-8 were a Rightstuf exclusive or something like that. Print run was super limited.

I Remember we only got rental copies at the Anime store I used to work at. I think I am just missing 7-8, but I plan on sending my kids to college instead.

I do happen to have a complete MI laser disk set. New in box. One of these days I will find the scripts and just fan sub them for myself I guess.

Thanks... the hunt begins again! I've checked out eBay sellers that say they use authentic Nintendo screens but I'm really not sure if they're genuine or not. I don't doubt that they believe the screens to be genuine but unless they were salvaged from an AGS-101 unit, I'm not so sure.

Jep.

If I was going the backlit GBA route I'd get a salvaged AGS-101 screen and install it myself.

Anything else is a third party reproduction and I'm not into that.

Top Bottom