• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Boke1879

Well here's my stuff.

2TzA2Ry.jpg

Vaga

Welcome to the best case club

It is indeed an amazing case.

Very nice cable management. I like the design of that case with all the space with the hard drives on the bottom like that.

You should get a SSD next.

Yeah I already had a Sammy 850 evo from my laptop, it sits in the back compartment. Cable management was a breeze, behind the mobo there is enough space (1/3 of case width) to gather all cables. Also that's where the PSU, 2x5.25 and 4xSSD cases sit together. This is why I love the cube, plenty of room for just about everything.

Oh, wow! I built a very similar computer just a month ago! :O You have an extra TB over me, though. :p
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199199280&postcount=248

Cool what color did you went for? HDD is almost full, I added another 500GB drive I had laying around but I might go for another 4TB lol.

Cool what color did you went for? HDD is almost full, I added another 500GB drive I had laying around but I might go for another 4TB lol.

I got the white case, but mine's the Air 240, which is the smaller version of yours. But we have the same CPU, GPU and motherboard (not to mention similar RAM, and HDDs), haha! With all the slots for HDDs in the case, I sure wish the motherboard had more SATA ports. :S

Vaga

I got the white case, but mine's the Air 240, which is the smaller version of yours. But we have the same CPU, GPU and motherboard (not to mention similar RAM, and HDDs), haha! With all the slots for HDDs in the case, I sure wish the motherboard had more SATA ports. :S

It has 6 ports, enough for all HDD&SSD that can be mounted inside the case:
4xSATAIII
1xSATA Express which is actually 2xSATAIII and another connector.

illusionary

Star Fox Zero is here, one day early from Nintendo's official UK store:

zWf0W0f.jpg

The SteelBook is really rather nice, with impressive detailing on the inside:

epo4kRV.jpg

CosoIl8.jpg

mcz117chief

Well, I managed to secure myself some really nice stuff this month.

1st, the obvious one, Dark Side edition of Star Wars VII

2nd, a collector's edition of the original Ghost in the Shell movie (and NO, I didn't buy it just because of the new movie, I actually found out about it about a week after I bought this. What actually swayed me was the awesome FPS game right now on steam called Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex: First Assault)

And lastly, the grand prize, I finally managed to get my hands on a collector's edition for Final Fantasy Type-0, which is one of the best collector's editions I have ever seen. And it's ****ing huge, man!

2nd, a collector's edition of the original Ghost in the Shell movie (and NO, I didn't buy it just because of the new movie, I actually found out about it about a week after I bought this. What actually swayed me was the awesome FPS game right now on steam called Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex: First Assault)

Stone cold classic. Good job getting that release too, GitS 2.0 has some of the scenes replaced with CGI, and that is available in a double pack with GitS 2, at least here in Europe - though I have the exact GitS steel that you do so I assume you're probably from here too?

Anyway, I despise when people decide that CGI can enhance something that is already visually stunning.

Love the porsche shots! Been a BMW owner but rented a porsche my last time in LA and really enjoyed driving it more than I expected by far.

edit: so late lol

eXistor

Pleasantly surprised to see that Star Fox Guard is actually on a disc instead of a download code which I presumed (that is, the First Print edition. the normal loose edition is in fact a code).

I also got a SFZ poster, but I forgot to take a picture. It's the cover of the game in poster form.

I6VyPgl.jpg

Ecto311

u8RPzXSl.jpg

Got this a few months ago and finally got a decent picture of the console. Really liking it compared to the N3dsXL. Feels better in the hands and the matte finish is fantastic too. Taking this and a few other pics outside I realized that even on 5 for the backlight you can't see shit outside on it. Too bad it doesn't have the GBA advance style screen or a e-ink "switch" so I could see it out there.

dcyag42l.jpg

IkP3KzYl.jpg

Got this to read again with my daughter. Already have the 5 initial comics but this collection is so good had to get it again. Pretty much anything Skottie Young is involved in I will buy just for the art.

Expensive month for me again (Why are fast lenses so damn expensive?!).

Being a huge Souls Fan I had to get the Collector's edition of Dark Souls 3. I passed on DS2's CE because I didn't like the statue but this one looks great.

Whenever there's a new Souls game I also tend to get the guides for them. The prima guide however is a little odd, starting at Chapter 3 and missing Chapter 10. I also ordered DS2's CE art book for $4 on Ebay. The highlight though is the Dark Souls themed controller that my wife got me :)

Gohastings had a price mistake (?) where they sold each used Blu Ray and DVD for $4 + $1.50 shipping. I picked up Season 1-3 of Game of Thrones along some other movies like Siccario and The Martian,

Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD Set. Ordered it because I keep hearing how great it is.

My biggest pick up this month is a Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 VC lens for my Nikon DSLR (which I used for the pictures). This thing takes awesome pictures and the lower f/stops/ lager aperture is a game changer for me when taking pics of moving objects.

Here are 2 sample pictures I took this morning (First moose I've seen since moving to Alaska).

illusionary

Star Fox Zero itself arrived a couple of days ago, but today I've the LE guide, plus Galactic Civilizations III on PC (too tempting a price for the special edition at just £7 - it even includes a manual!) and the physical copy of Super Mario 3D Land that I've been wanting for a while:

2X857vw.jpg

Yep, more headphones.

headphonesz5e9t.jpg

AKG M220. Basically just a prettier version of the K240s. And man are these things pretty!

They also sound VERY nice. Kinda hard to believe a $70 headphone is so refined and well-rounded.

eXistor

Already posted in the Sega collection thread, but I figured it'd be fine to crosspost here. Picked this stuff up at a convention today.

Z7IF3Cy.jpg

Thoraxes

Thanks for the 3DSXL so I can see how big it is. It does look much bigger than the first game's, and I thought it was going to be the same size.

Mine's not arriving until Monday. I never did beat the first game even though I liked it. Usually I just start over when I take such a long break from a game, but I don't want to do that Streetpass village stuff over again...

I'm finally almost through the tipping point of the first game. This release basically got me to go back and finish that finally!

26596366715_8504d7d3b7_o.jpg

Even with three year-old hardware, the experience is amazing.

I'd still be using mine if the charging port hadn't worn out. Just be gentle with the plug when you charge it, or get a wireless charger. It would still charge but it took a lot of trying to find the right spot or angle.

I sold it to my friend at work for real cheap and then he dropped it down some stairs and destroyed it a week later :(

Rich!

Wow nice. Are these modified to light the screen ?

There was a little-known official revision of the GBA SP with a backlit screen, called the AGS-101. Example, compared to the standard frontlit model:

These two GBAs I now own have screens taken from AGS 101s. The result is basically this, which I consider to be the best way to play GBA games, hands down:

dsc_13017msck.jpg

In other news...the guy who did my backlit DMG kindly took my request for a backlit pocket to replace the one that got stolen. Picked it up yesterday, it's glorious:

dsc_13065zsug.jpg

dsc_1304u3sld.jpg

and here's the entire set so far of backlit modded consoles...GBC not pictured, as there's no backlit mod available for that yet sadly (although experiments are happening apparently). Also, it's probably obvious, but each console has those sweet scratchproof glass lens replacements:

gb7jsec.jpg

Bought an OG Xbox and a Dreamcast last week. Xbox was around 35 bucks with two controllers and 7 games included, which I thought was a pretty good deal. Certainly the best I could find where I live. Also, Dark Souls 3 which I already finished. ^_^

I'd still be using mine if the charging port hadn't worn out. Just be gentle with the plug when you charge it, or get a wireless charger. It would still charge but it took a lot of trying to find the right spot or angle.

I sold it to my friend at work for real cheap and then he dropped it down some stairs and destroyed it a week later :(

Currently looking for a QI pad now. I'd honestly be less annoyed if the USB was the right way round. Figured I'd return this in a couple weeks with 2016 Nexus rumors starting to heat up, but I don't think I can ask for anything more.

Top Bottom