• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
24100445945_44cb8b8a90_o.jpg

NeoGAF APRIL 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

MARCH-ING FORWARD!

Dear NeoGAF,

The first calendar quarter is now complete! How were your first three months of 2016? Welcome back to the stage of history. This year (2016) marks the 10 year anniversary of this thread (November). Time flies when you're gaming. Let's enjoy it and succeed together!

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from March 2016. As we go through April 2016 rolls around, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

NeoGAF MARCH 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

March was great. It was the first full month since I was let go from Mad Catz. It was definitely an adventurous time filled with a lot of business/planning. There's a lot of cool stuff going on. April will be amazing! I'm traveling a lot this month to get stuff set for the rest of the year! A big trip to Tokyo in the middle of this month too. Can't wait to post pics from that part of the trip!

Also, it's my birthday month! Whatever will I do!? Mid-life crisis? Nah. Just loving life. :)

Here are my favorite pick-ups from March 2016!

12826020_1689669064606483_440693377_n.jpg

LucidSound Audio (from the founder of TRITTON Audio) has some amazing wireless gaming headsets that don't 'look' like gaming headsets lol. Been using these for playing games lately and the best part about it is the intuitive control scheme for volume/mute/mic stuff. Definitely a game changer for me.

12751605_877686448995285_1119620453_n.jpg

The 2015 Women's Nike Air Max Ultra City Collection was something I always admired. I never knew they made my size (Women's 12 = Men's 10.5), so I was FINALLY able to score a pair this month. Good surprise. :)

12819091_1711959035709774_64181267_n.jpg

Adidas has been killing it the past few years. With the introduction of the 'boost' technology for comfort and performance, Adidas has definitely changed the game (for the better). Like a lot of sneaker enthusiasts I know, they also jumped on the Adidas NMD train (which is awesome).

11378132_881816348594315_264238376_n.jpg

Went to Final Round XIX, the longest running fighting game tournament series in North America. Shin Blanka (the man in charge) and his team awarded me with this. I am humbled and I will continue to do great things for the community I love. Thanks fighting game fans!

12822344_515095112018463_1795600945_n.jpg

I was able to get the Jordan XII French Blue retros early from Nike!

10784828_1143000459053025_185025607_n.jpg

Kicks gotta match with your sticks right?

12798156_967641946617998_664226783_n.jpg

Love this new take on an old classic. Just WING IT.

12912698_1548508622146626_1407713190_n.jpg

More kicks & sticks action. This time with the white NMDs and the classic Hori Fighting Edge in white.

12783334_1533371456965917_443503444_n.jpg

Grey NMDs with the most iconic of world warriors in amiibo form.

1170996_812988458845935_2063475001_n.jpg

.... and finally! Resident Evil 6! I seriously don't remember playing this game 4 years ago, so it'll be nice to refresh on current gen with the polished 1080p scaling and 60 fps.

That's all for me! Let's have a good April!

Have a good one, GAF! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram.

Evo X

14 months after placing the order, I finally took delivery of my 2016 Porsche GT4 this week. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can have some fun with it.

iFBrduS.jpg

u5iRXFd.jpg

edD52Uw.jpg

2CMN6zX.jpg

zmet

My haul from March:

Soundtrack for the PSOne game Dragon Seeds

Pin that came with Dragon Seeds

Soundtrack for Adventures of Mana (IOS, Android, PS Vita)

Bar81

Anything new in the latest Iria release or is it just a rerelease of the OOP earlier version?

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
This will probably be one of my best months ever for pickups.

First, some fun, small things from Funstock Retro UK (minus the Fallout lanyard, which was from EB Canada):

From Bedrooms To Billions is an excellent documentary about the early years of the UK games industry. Found a neat Dreamcast notebook and Mega Drive keychain. The Amiga stuff is all bonus content from the limited edition of Commodore Amiga: A Visual Compendium, pictured below:

Absolutely gorgeous book, I've noticed that quite a few "coffee table" style retro books are being published at the moment so I snapped them up. Also pictured is Mega Drive: Collected Works, which again is a big, beautiful hardback that will be lovely to look back on in years to come. And one more:

Push Start: The Art of Videogames, which is absolutely massive and includes a vinyl record with remixes of selected classic game soundtracks. The paper quality is top notch and the cover has a neat checkerboard texture. The actual artwork inside is hit and miss, but still very nice overall.

Also managed to pick up a 980ti this month, will be ideal for playing this:

rngUJjG.png

I also picked up a bunch of Dreamcast stuff, which isn't quite all here yet so I will wait a few days to post that. But yeah, bumper month all round, time to ease off and enjoy it all I think.

Got some pretty good stuff the last few weeks thanks to big discounts and some price errors.

Bought Saturday Morning RPG and got a free signed copy of Breach And Clear with it.

Got AC:AF for 15 euro on Amazon last week and Splatoon + the 2 amiibo for 34 euro. Finally have games to play on my wii u again now.

I finally upgraded to a new phone, after using a old S3 for the last year and a half, i forgot how nice it is to have a phone that actually works properly :') And i got the bluetooth speaker on sale too, eventhough it was cheap the quality is pretty good.

New POP's for the collection!

Qasiel

Fitbit Charge HR (in Tangerine). I'm getting married in 6 months so I really wanna get fitter and drop a few pounds so I can look the business in my photos. (Got this a few weeks ago but haven't had time to sort the picture out for the thread)

Gorillaz: Rise Of The Ogre. Found this under a stack of books in a tiny indoor market in a seaside town here in the UK. I love Gorillaz so I thought I'd pick it up and it turned out it's signed. Got it for so damn cheap too, and it's in great condition!

LegendX48

Gotta love Best Buy, they deliver their movie pre-orders before actual release date.

26195756225_8407f8dcd7_z.jpg

25593090533_5127cee5de_z.jpg

25922890080_78bd0e0233_z.jpg

edit: Also, not pictured, got Killer Instinct supreme Edition of PC

Bought a Pelican Case for my headphones. It's actually a bit smaller than I was expecting, so it's a really tight fit. Still, can't complain. At least they won't be bouncing around in there.

img_00117vu1c.jpg

img_001214umq.jpg

Chastten

Banned

Was planning on getting a black n3DS by the end of this month when I found this one for €129. I don't care about Animal Crossing whatsoever and the faceplates are ugly, but the price difference was just too big not too jump on this. Got a cheap 16GB micro SD card to go with it, so now I'm ready to retire my regular 3DS that's dying on me.

Doing the system transfer as I type this and will finally start Final Fantasy Explorers and Bravely Second tomorrow!

texore

14 months after placing the order, I finally took delivery of my 2016 Porsche GT4 this week. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can have some fun with it.

Damn, Porsche better keep manual as an option by the time I'm in the market for one. I don't want any of that PDK nonsense.

hayejin

It was last month but got the HP Envy 750 SE from sale two months ago.

Also got the 3TB Toshiba external drive and this kick ass Batman desktop mat.

(Sorry for crappy pic)

8CoHyDS.jpg

W0iX5KC.jpg

Spades

Thanks!

It felt pretty surreal driving it after over a year of discussing it on forums, fussing over options, finalizing the color and design, reading reviews, and watching YouTube videos.

I bet. Hoping to get my first Porsche later this year too!

DryvBy

Who's gonna top a Porsche? Good looking car! You should get an EA license plate for laughs.

I'll get some pictures up but I got a pair of Q701s and a couple of games so far.

Who's gonna top a Porsche? Good looking car! You should get an EA license plate for laughs.

I'll get some pictures up but I got a pair of Q701s and a couple of games so far.

I still remember a few years back some guy put up a Ferrari. Rich gaf stays hidden for the most part.

ZeMMiK

New GBC lense, speaker, battery cover and UPC sticker I installed in my old GBC this morning. Feels like 1999 all over again.

Games for the next LAN.

Does Evolve has a LAN only option?? (systemlink), I also organize LAN´s like to know... thx.

Does Evolve has a LAN only option?? (systemlink), I also organize LAN´s like to know... thx.

Unfortunately I don't believe so. If it is anything like the "LAN" we had for the beta it will be everyone on the same online connection/router - it's not really a LAN but "Online Multiplayer Party" doesn't have the same ring to it. No lag issues or anything back in the Beta with this set-up but it's still disappointing to see more games continue to drop traditional LAN support.

All-in-all it was a blast though. Having one guy in a dark room with 5.1 headphones while everyone else was in the living-room trying to track them down could get very intense.

Top Bottom