• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF: Create the Official Box Art for the EU Release of BlazBlue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canti

Acosta said:
Fantastic job, I really like it! I dislike making any criticism having myself absolutely zero talent, but the only thing that don't convince me is Jin face, there is something about it that put me off. Maybe is just a personal thing but wanted to share it in case it could help you.

But really, love the work and the idea, and it looks striking in the box.
Yeah you're totally right about the face. It's one of the only areas of the piece I made several revisions on and still couldn't get an entirely accurate result. Jin is usually pretty expressionless but a closed mouth whilst swinging the sword just looked so odd. It also didn't help that my sketchy line art was drawn using a 3 pixel brush so couldn't get in any detail on that small area without zooming in and using 1/2 pixel. Something I'll work on in the future for sure, but thanks for the compliments :)

Alphalpha

Neo Member
one final design from me... hope you like!

Art only:
BlazBlue_boxart_20_art_low.jpg

PS3 mockup:
BlazBlue_boxart_20_PS3_low.jpg

Xbox360 mockup:
BlazBlue_boxart_20_XBOX_low.jpg

I think Arc Euro should put all the entries in the first post so they're easily viewable and voteable. Either that or have some sort of external site with a polling system.

Degen

ooh sorry you just barely missed the deadline
Mr. Melender said:
Sooo.. what now? We're supposed to nominate 10 submissions? Anyone up to arranging something.. or something? :p
In before ARC comes back like "wait what? oh sh** we already made one guys"

ARC Euro

From Junior member, Olly Dead
>>

Personally, this one is my favourite so far;
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...1_251174595243_527815243_8741867_206065_n.jpg

I also really like this one by Dilli666
http://i36.tinypic.com/2dkxr8i.jpg
this entry by robotnjik
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/robotnjik/art1.jpg
and this entry by Ai
http://www.biggerbids.com/members/images/15622/public/968530_Ai-Box-Art.jpg

I feel these entries offer a solid representation of the game while sustaining a remarkably stylish and pertinent design. I would buy any of these.

These are just my opinions anyway. I commend anyone who did their own original drawn artwork because their entries most likely took longer than others. I intended to be as impartial as I can, after all I did an entry of my own;

http://www.biggerbids.com/members/images/15457/public/935449_Ollydead1.jpg
http://ollydead.wordpress.com/2009/09/30/the-wheel-of-fate-is-turning/

I’d like to Thank ARC System Works of Europe for instigating such a wonderful opportunity for artists devoted to eclectic gaming. It has been a pleasure to associate my artwork with such an innovative and exciting title if only within a competition and it is my hope that my peers and judges deem my contribution worthy of the proposed art anthology of prospective covers.

I wish you all at ARC System Works every success in the future.

All the best.

Olly Dead

http://ollydead.wordpress.com/
<<

Thx!

ARC Euro

Hello,
Many thanks for your interests and contributions to the competition.
Original due date of end September has passed..
Due to some request of extension of submission, we would like to keep it open until end of next week.
Meanwhile, we will prepare the voting mechanism!

many thanks!

ARC Europe

Flek

Banned
ARC Euro said:
by calystegia
976773_boxart-calystegia-003.jpg

thx!

thats kinda hot

seriously all those artworks by gafers are awesome :D

@arc europe

couldnt you include a little booklet with all the art/covers posted in this thread? Or postcards or something like this :O

PBz0r

Banned
Did the deadline change? Submissions keep rolling in and we still don't know how to vote, so I'm just making sure.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ARC Euro said:
Hello,
Due to some request of extension of submission, we would like to keep it open until end of

So until the 9th? Awesome! Ill have time to make something then :)

Thanks a lot!

ARC Euro said:
by k2s3 (second)
976774_k2-blazblue2.jpg

thx!

Yeah wow, I think this is the best I've seen. Simple and stylised, really pops off the shelf which is what you want in a boxart!

Shame I just saw this topic now (I hate stickies :lol)!

While I love the ones that don't use the BlazBlue logo, I sort of feel they miss the point a bit. radiantdreamer, I love yours but if you could work the official logo into it somehow, in greyscale or something I dunno, I'd like it even more. It'd be a great cover for a game like Ikaruga or a shooter I think, but without the over the top crazy sharp logo, it doesn't seem to convey the right message. Also I'm a bit OCD with my gaming collection and I'd always want the logo on the box to match the Title Screen. Plus I'd feel sorry for the original logo designer who made that crazy logo to be associated with the brand!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ARC Euro said:
by k2s3 (second)
976774_k2-blazblue2.jpg

thx!

Im assuming the artist isnt activated yet, but you should still be able to read this. Take off that claw like thing on the right side of the image. Its badly drawn, its unclear and it stops the com position from flowing nicely. Once you take it off the result will be a much more edited, well laid out piece.

Also, I thought ARC said not to put a logo in the submission, theyll deal with that.

SecretBonusPoint said:
While I love the ones that don't use the BlazBlue logo, I sort of feel they miss the point a bit. radiantdreamer, I love yours but if you could work the official logo into it somehow, in greyscale or something I dunno, I'd like it even more. It'd be a great cover for a game like Ikaruga or a shooter I think, but without the over the top crazy sharp logo, it doesn't seem to convey the right message. Also I'm a bit OCD with my gaming collection and I'd always want the logo on the box to match the Title Screen. Plus I'd feel sorry for the original logo designer who made that crazy logo to be associated with the brand!

You're probably right. Thanks for the tip! I was thinking about doing another piece anyway, so I'll definitely keep that in mind!

I might try to go back and see if the official logo can be integrated in there somehow, in some form or another. ^_^

-PXG-

Some truly amazing pieces of work in this thread. However...

Alphalpha said:
one final design from me... hope you like!

Art only:
BlazBlue_boxart_20_art_low.jpg

PS3 mockup:
BlazBlue_boxart_20_PS3_low.jpg

Xbox360 mockup:
BlazBlue_boxart_20_XBOX_low.jpg

I see this on winning, mainly because of its composition. PERFECT composition. Great use of colors (opposition of the red and blue), plus its neat and clean. Good work.

Darkpen

Banned
How did I miss this thread? :lol Dammit!

Some really beautiful submissions on here.
Mr. Melender said:
If you just unsticky the thread and it'll get a lot more attention.
so much truth :(

I would have loved to have tackled this.

If I were to vote, I'd have trouble choosing between what's in the spirit of GAF Collection, and marketable box art :<

Raging Spaniard

Darkpen said:
How did I miss this thread? :lol Dammit!

Some really beautiful submissions on here.
so much truth :(

I would have loved to have tackled this.

If I were to vote, I'd have trouble choosing between what's in the spirit of GAF Collection, and marketable box art :<

You got a week or so left dude, plenty of time to whip something out.

SERGE

Another submission from Hanzo

Quoted from hanzo

"Hey guys,looks like my registration is taking a while to get activated.I just want to say that there's a lot of great artists on here,especially those who drew everything from scratch,well done to you guys.
I really like the idea of adding all the entries into an artbook,but at this point it's all wishful thinking.
And a big thanks to ARC Euro and Neogaf for giving the fans such a great opportunity.
-Hanzo"

Blazblue_Cover_4_by_MetalHanzo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom