• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF: Create the Official Box Art for the EU Release of BlazBlue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Melender said:
THIS IS NOT MY FINAL SUBMISSION. Just a little something I'm working on, thought I'd ask you guys what you thought before I finish editing it and such. :)

qhlFnpjkw.jpg

robotnjik said:

I love these 2. Best ones by far IMO. Especially the top one.

Pringo

Banned
Hey guys, I got a PM from ARC Euro a little while ago and I thought I'd pass the message on to give you guys a bit of a hand with this.

ARC Euro said:
We have started this thread inspired by your creations and wondering if it ok to ask your thread readers to consider submitting their works.
We are prepared to select very different one, nothing like we had in Japan and US.
I believe he's talking about an earlier thread I made: The GAF Collection. You may want to check it out to see what kind of look they're going for. If I'm reading this right they don't appear to want the standard video game box art for this game.

Anyways, good luck to everyone who contributes.

robotnjik said:
somnific said:
here's a quick submission-- going for something a little unexpected? for a fighting game cover i guess.

blazblue_02c2a.png
I must say, both of these are fantastic. The second one works better for a "GAF Collection" style piece, whereas the first is a great looking standard box art.

The one thing i feel is that a lot of people haven't seen the part mentioned about having a different GAF Collection feel. Lots of props to ARC for doing this. I really would suggest making a non-sticky thread. I feel like a lot more people would see the thread and, even if they don't think they're good, can contribute. There are a lot of great submissions in the GAF Collection thread made by people who are shy/think they are bad, but have great ideas.

Just my two cents. Best of luck to ARC on finding the perfect box art, and best wishes to those submitting. I might even work up my own submission if i have time.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Pringo said:
Hey guys, I got a PM from ARC Euro a little while ago and I thought I'd pass the message on to give you guys a bit of a hand with this.

I believe he's talking about an earlier thread I made: The GAF Collection. You may want to check it out to see what kind of look they're going for. If I'm reading this right they don't appear to want the standard video game box art for this game.

Anyways, good luck to everyone who contributes.

Yeah I was expecting the kind of turnout that thread got, maybe we need to send some PM's around?

Anyways Im currently doubting my layout, I think Im gonna restart what I have over the weekend. Covers are tricky things.

Lucis

Still no email submission?

Here's a submission.

It's hand drawn, did not use official art other than the background/logo

bb.jpg

ARC Euro

Mr. Melender said:
That makes me depressed. :(
Please don't get depressed! My bad on communication.
Yes, we are interested in finding something 'different' but that does not mean something in particular style. All submissions so far are great, and if we can see works on the collection styles, that would be great too!

One will be used as an official box art, other will go into manual, some might go into artbook, posters, banner at the shop, etc..

thanks for your interest.

regards,
ARC Euro

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yep, people don't need to focus on safe & typical designs, although those are fine too. The GAF Collection thread was the inspiration for this contest, so keep that in mind.

ARC Euro said:
Please don't get depressed! My bad on communication.
Yes, we are interested in finding something 'different' but that does not mean something in particular style. All submissions so far are great, and if we can see works on the collection styles, that would be great too!

One will be used as an official box art, other will go into manual, some might go into artbook, posters, banner at the shop, etc..

thanks for your interest.

regards,
ARC Euro

I wouldn't be so depressed if I didn't spend 14 hours on mine already. I might have to start over completely, but I also don't want this one that I'm working on to go to waste.

Can we submit more than one entry?

Hello GAF!

fkzec9.jpg

-

-

Like any of these? Made them just now and I think these are a lot more lively than my previous entry. I do realize that logo's bit off and I can do some fixing tomorrow.

I made one last night that's more in-line with the GAF Collections. Not sure if I want to submit that yet. Gonna try some more...

How's GAF going to decide the nominations, btw?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Orioto and other GAF artists were unaware of this contest.

I have corrected that.

ARC Euro

Hello,
It is perfectly ok with multiple entries.
There are quite a few places we can use; box art, manual cover, posters for the shop, banner, etc etc.
thx!

somnific

awesome, great work orioto and radiantdreamer!

blazblue_06a.png

something feels off but i like enough to post it. anyhow, off to work! again, stuff looks great guys.

kay

Mr. Melender said:
If you just unsticky the thread and it'll get a lot more attention.
How would sending the thread to the wastelands of the gasp... 2nd and gah... 3rd page (and beyond) of the forums get it more attention?

It being always at the top of the 1st page no matter if anyone replies/views is for the best.

edit: Just checked, right now it would have been on the 5th page before I replied.

One thing I'd like to point out just in case people haven't realized is that the PS3 box dimensions have changed and are more square. This matters because if you designed your box to solely fit in the previous dimensions, it will have to be cropped/redone. New width-length ratio is 0.95 instead of 0.79 (Xbox 360 is 0.80).

Fireflu

radiantdreamer said:
Here's my entry:

blazbluecover.jpg

This and Oriotos piece are stunning!!!

I would love to see this on the store shelves.

Its great to see some new approaches to the subject matter!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
radiantdreamer said:
Here's my entry:

blazbluecover.jpg

Um, I almost don't care what the content of this is. I just kind of want to own it.

This at least needs to be the cover or back cover of an art book dedicated to the game.

Xenomorph

Banned
robotnjik said:

Winnar is you. Excellent. I've been looking through these and find that yours is the best. The least cluttered, very sleak looking, and showcases the characters. As much as I like other peoples styles they've chosen (I'm a big fan of avant-garde and "less is more") I think yours is the best choice.

somnific said:
here's a quick submission-- going for something a little unexpected? for a fighting game cover i guess.

blazblue_02c2a.png
I really like this, It's really stylish.
alr1ghtstart said:
2hdo9ya.png

obv green bar is placeholder
This has really neat symbology design too.

radiantdreamer said:
Here's my entry:

blazbluecover.jpg
I think this one is really awesome, but I don't know if the mood of the cover properly depicts the game.

Mr. Melender said:
Thanks a lot. If you like that please allow me to introduce the final version of that same idea. :)

lKegTQblH.jpg
The symbols on the side make it feel a bit cluttered but otherwise really good.

orioto said:
Thx Raging :)

5 hour work of the night !

Ragna.jpg
But this takes the cake....it's like ARC system works made this competition specifically so Orioto could win it.

orioto

Good Art™
octopusman said:
But this takes the cake....it's like ARC system works made this competition specifically so Orioto could win it.

Thx :p

I'm almost feeling radiantdreamer one would be a better boxart actually !

Anyway i updated the pic cause the jawbone was weird. He looks more manly now.

Ragna.jpg

Grindjaw

Neo Member
Here's my second submission for the contest, my first subm. was posted on my friend "chronos's" account. My account has been approved and activated so this is actually my first original post:D

XB360_blazblue_TPINTO.jpg

This one is totally NOT on topic I just had to share my blood, sweat and tears with you guys. Behold my concept Cataclysm boxart. Blizz if you're watching, at least make me one of these....
WoW_CTCLSM_CONCEPT_tpinto-1.jpg

Concepts: Grindjaw/ t.pinto
Art: Blizzard Entertainment & Arc Systems

Grindjaw

Neo Member
Cronos said:
This is made by a friend of mine, who's membership for Neogaf is still pending. He wanted to enter the contest a.s.a.p.:D

Blazblue_Cover_Contest_TPINTO3.png

Blazblue_cover_TPINTO_printversion.jpg

Blazblue_A4_TPINTO.jpg

Creator: T.Pinto / forum name: Grindjaw (still pending)

This was my first submission:D

Grindjaw said:
This one is totally NOT on topic I just had to share my blood, sweat and tears with you guys. Behold my concept Cataclysm boxart. Blizz if you're watching, at least make me one of these....

Wow, I'd like a full resoution copy of that as an alternate cover when I pick it up.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Grindjaw said:

Holy balls. This looks better than even Blizzard's previous WoW boxarts.

Lirlond

Grindjaw said:

There's only one problem with that image, not enough discs ;p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pretty, m0dus. Not too sure how well that'd work for box art, though. But being in an art-book would def. go well with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom