• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

bender

What time is it?
vXMmnzf.jpg

Jeeves

Well, I'm not much of a poster, but this has been my favorite website for over ten years. I fondly remember coming here to read the reactions to the daily Smash Bros. Dojo updates for Brawl.

I was honestly pretty devastated and baffled when this place emptied out for no good reason. Looking back, it was a necessary self-purging, like some hideous parasite bursting out to go live elsewhere. I think at the time I was too close to the site to notice just how bad things were getting.

Very happy to see it coming closer each day to resembling my "old GAF".

Chittagong

Gold Member
Oh man, the growth of this place is going to rub so many people the wrong way, because kinda like Era polls, it exposes that actually most people are not completely unhinged.

Two years to my 20 years on GAF, minus one on a misguided exile. The most amazing thing is that I left to Era not for that fucking shower non-story but to stick it up to the unfair moderation I had detested here. Little did I realise I was following that exact cult. Took me one year and two Morrigans to snap out of it.

My return to GAF was a real day of happiness. I remember sitting with my wife at 67 Pall Mall with a glass of Brunello, being asked to acknowledge some petty fucking warning on Era and deciding that fuck it, this is it for me.

Happy to see GAF doing well, it's being curated very well and feels like a welcome home without a fear of banning or ridicule when you don't agree. Threads aren't locked due to some moderation/admin team thinking we all need to agree on one group think. Members are free to fight, chat, joke, disagree and continue on their public discussion. The reactions really help reduce the filler posts as well, it's nice to have the ability to read quality posts or jokes in threads without having to scroll pages of useless bullshit replies.

Xplainin

Banned
Oh man, the growth of this place is going to rub so many people the wrong way, because kinda like Era polls, it exposes that actually most people are not completely unhinged.

Two years to my 20 years on GAF, minus one on a misguided exile. The most amazing thing is that I left to Era not for that fucking shower non-story but to stick it up to the unfair moderation I had detested here. Little did I realise I was following that exact cult. Took me one year and two Morrigans to snap out of it.

My return to GAF was a real day of happiness. I remember sitting with my wife at 67 Pall Mall with a glass of Brunello, being asked to acknowledge some petty fucking warning on Era and deciding that fuck it, this is it for me.
Ree is following the progressive left wing extremist handbook, in that they will eventually eat their own.
No body will ever be woke enough, and they will lose members hand over fist.

Only issue for GAF is that the crazies don't come back here again.

If you arent 1000% always on your most Left Wing/Woke/No Jokes Allowed/Sarcasm Isn’t Unerstood manners while posting on Era, you will be swarmed by that crazy fucking beehive immediately and summarily Banished. Every statement must advance their agendas. Discussion is not allowed. Everything must pile on to whatever cause is the title of the newest thread. It’s weird. They are mostly weird and I can only imagine quite unhappy with their lives.

So many ERA observers of the "old site (GAF)" take everything so literally the jokes and sarcasm sail right over their heads as if they were real takes on topics.

Malakhov

Banned
Congratulations to everyone who's making this a great place. It seriously has picked up quite a lot since the event. I remember seeing the first page that had threads dating from 2 days ago still on it.

Now let's hope the hivemind won't infect this place overtime

Last edited:
Top Bottom